Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! All Season Flash Pass Introduced at SFMM in 2016!

All Season Flash Pass Introduced at SFMM in 2016!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Well, they sent out surveys last year, and they delivered. Welcome to the very first All Season Flash Pass at Six Flags Magic Mountain in 2016!

Every day you go to the park you get a 50% or Gold Flash Pass to use in the park. With only 4 blackout dates, October 8, 15, 22, 29 to be exact, this is an awesome deal if you go to the park often!

The Price: $499

A typical Gold Flash Pass at Six Flags Magic Mountain is $70, so this pass pays for itself in 8 visits! So while not for the faint of heart, it is a great deal if you go often!

The only thing that isn't fantastic is that all the rides are not included.

Rides that are included: Apocalypse, BATMAN The Ride, Goldrusher, Goliath, GREEN LANTERN: First Flight, Jet Stream, Revolution, RIDDLER's Revenge, Roaring Rapids, Scream, Tatsu, Tidal Wave, Viper, X2.

Rides that are not included: Twisted Colossus, Full Throttle, SUPERMAN: Escape from Krypton, and LEX LUTHOR: Drop of Doom!

Find out all the FAQ's, info and more here.

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
................ It says "X".
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
^ I know it does. I corrected it in mine, but it also says Revolution and not The New Revolution :P

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
The backgrounds a picture of the wrong park. Great job Six Flags, great way to market yourself. I mean, I guess its nice but its missing some pretty big rides. Seems like they make some money creating a premium version with all of them
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Even with the platinum flash pass you are limited to 1 reservation on Full Throttle, Superman, and Twisted Colossus so charging $499 and not being able to get on many rides is a ripoff lol.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
tiepilot35 wrote:
................ It says "X".

I think that they like to go with that simple name also meaning "Xtreme"! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

XLR8R User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,273.01 Points
I don't understand why passholders would purchase an All Season Flash Pass when they can just wait for the lines to lower when the offseason ensues.
Storm Chaser | Intimidator 305 | Lightning Run | Twisted Colossus | Maverick | El Toro | Millennium Force | Xcelerator | El Loco | Magnum XL-200
Coaster Count: 154 - Last Credit: Ragin' Cajun (Six Flags America)

Points on hand: 2,652.00 Points
Bank: 2,739.00 Points

XLR8R wrote:
I don't understand why passholders would purchase an All Season Flash Pass when they can just wait for the lines to lower when the offseason ensues.

exactly what I was thinking, plus, having a season pass means getting to go back as many times as you want, so, waiting in line, even during peak seasons, isn't as much of a drag, well, unless you are daring enough to brave the high desert summer heat.
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,527.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

$500 is a bit steep. If it worked at all parks, then maybe it would be more appealing.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
You mean I can have everyone hate me ALL YEAR LONG??!
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Except when the flash pass line ends up longer then the regular line.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
Even if it's for a full year, $500 still seems a bit steep.

Points on hand: 4,033.00 Points

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
You mean I can have everyone hate me ALL YEAR LONG??!

Don't we already? :lol:

For a park that's almost open year-round, sounds like a good deal for locals. I assume most of them would go at least once a month so that quickly earns it's money back.
I can't wait for the rage to start on social media because all the Flash Passes were sold out to locals only 30 min after opening. :lol:
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Points on hand: 2,908.00 Points
So the pass doesn't skip the rides with the biggest lines?! Merlin got this right years ago!

Points on hand: 5,701.00 Points
The site has been updated with a more current list of attractions. Here's what the pass includes as of now:

Apocalypse
Batman The Ride
Full Throttle (one ride only)
Gold Rusher
Goliath
Green Lantern: First Flight
Jet Stream
Lex Luthor: Drop of Doom
Ninja
Riddler's Revenge
Roaring Rapids
Scream
Tatsu
Twisted Colossus (one ride only)
Tidal Wave
Viper

The only missing attractions are Superman: Escape from Krypton (which is a Platinum only attraction) and X2 (which is an upcharge and can presumably be added for an additional fee). I'm also assuming that New Revolution will be added once the ride opens. It's nice to see that Full Throttle and Twisted Colossus are included as those are normally Platinum only.

Honestly, if the price was lower (~$300) and you could redeem the offer at any Six Flags park (perhaps unlimited use at your home park and one use per season at each other Six Flags park), it would be a really great deal. $500 for just SFMM however is a bit too steep. Presumably the offer is targeted toward locals, but unless you're forced to go only on Saturdays or during holiday periods it isn't too difficult to find a time with lighter crowds. Even if you must visit on a typical summer weekday, nearly half the rides on the list are often a 20 minute wait or less.
Coaster Count: 535 (114 wood, 444 steel); Park Count: 110
Top 5 Wood: El Toro, Voyage, Thunderhead, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel: Superman the Ride, Fury 325, Millennium Force, X2, Intimidator 305

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ Thanks for the complete ride list. :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!