Board index Public Relations Introductions Another New Guy!

Another New Guy!

Say hi to the crowd of CoasterCrazians!

Post March 14th, 2018, 10:40 am

Points on hand: 131.00 Points
Greetings, another roller coaster fan onboard. I'm retired now, with plenty of time for roller coasters, and just purchased NoLimits 2 on Steam the other day. It's like my childhood dream come true: Everybody went home, but they left the roller coaster on and I'm the only one left at the park. I'm running it in VR mode with an Oculus Rift CV1, and I love it.

I'm already learning the editor, have actually ridden my tutorial roller coaster, and have now laid out a vintage roller coaster from photos and the data available. It's the old "Speedway" roller coaster from Eldridge Park in Elmira, NY. The last time that I rode that one in real life was around 1975. It operated from 1937 to 1983 and was designed by Oscar Bitler. Speedway had a length of 1,900 feet and a maximum height of 53 feet. It's nothing fancy, but I have nostalgic feelings for it and wanted to make it for NL2. I like the vintage roller coasters.

Other roller coasters that I'd like to see for NL2 would be the "Skyliner" from Roseland Park in Canandaigua, NY, and the "Arkansas Twister" from Magic Springs & Crystal Falls in Hot Springs, AR. I may try my hand at them if no one else decides to do them.

I'm already thinking of upgrading to the Pro edition of NL2, if you can upgrade the Steam Edition to Pro. If not, I might even buy the full Pro non-Steam eventually so that I can use other 3D modeling programs and get more extensive with my park creation.

Right now, I'm really enjoying some of the tracks that I've downloaded from the exchange, including...

Boomslang
Hellhound
Little Twister
Mountain Flyer
SpeedX
Texas Giant
Titan

...and others.

Anyway, it's good to be involved, and I wish that I had discovered NL2 a long time ago!

Oubaas :D

Post March 14th, 2018, 12:23 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Hello! Welcome to the site.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post March 14th, 2018, 11:40 pm

Points on hand: 183.00 Points
Ah another fellow Upstate/Western NY enthusiast? I've attempted Skyliner many times, but I can't figure it out. But then again I'm fairly new to NL2 !
The Future Is A Never Ending Dream

Post March 15th, 2018, 7:47 am

Points on hand: 131.00 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Hello! Welcome to the site.

Thanks for the welcome, Coasterkidmwm! I've downloaded, "Crazy Mouse", "The Defiler", and "Roar", had several rides each, and added them to my coaster collection. Love your work!

Adrenaline Co. wrote:
Ah another fellow Upstate/Western NY enthusiast? I've attempted Skyliner many times, but I can't figure it out. But then again I'm fairly new to NL2 !

Yeah, I grew up in the Southern Tier and used to ride Speedway and Skyliner a lot when I was a kid. I may look around for information on Skyliner when I finish Speedway, but so far, I haven't found any pictures good enough to figure out the complete layout, and my memory of that long ago isn't going to be enough to get it done. :D

Post March 15th, 2018, 10:17 am

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,018.00 Points

Post March 15th, 2018, 10:29 am
herman116 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,471.00 Points

Post March 15th, 2018, 12:33 pm
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Post March 16th, 2018, 11:20 pm

Points on hand: 67,131.00 Points

Post March 17th, 2018, 12:38 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Welcome, it's great to see some older blood coming in here. Still riding the real deal too?
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post April 28th, 2018, 8:27 pm

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
It must be too late to say welcome! I should say sorry... We're still alive! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Return to Introductions