Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area ENTROPY - Terrain Invert *Video Editing Help?*

ENTROPY - Terrain Invert *Video Editing Help?*

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Points on hand: 443.00 Points
Bank: 3,797.00 Points

-This is my thread for all of my construction and upcoming rides-

A while back I was thinking about how great it would be to have a 370+ foot giga in real life, but I realized that would probably never happen because it would cost SO much for the ultra high supports and the towering elements that it would have. Then I had an Idea - Why not build my own giga that hugged the natural terrain so that the elements would be tall, but they wouldn't be too high off the ground. It would lower the material and construction costs and create an interesting ride! Because of that idea, this ride was born. The Coaster has a ~375 foot drop, but it never reaches more than 240 ft off of the ground. The trackwork is final (I used FVD++) and I have started supporting at this point.

Here are some pictures (I don't want to reveal too much of the layout quite yet)

Last edited by TheCoasterMan589 on January 5th, 2017, 10:03 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Favorite Coasters- MF, GateKeeper, El Toro, Kingda Ka, TTD, Maverick, Nitro, Raptor, Hydra

Post April 20th, 2015, 3:02 pm
JAMMY User avatar
Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator

Points on hand: 5,820.00 Points
Wow, this is a really interesting concept! While I think the drop shaping could use some fine tuning to make it more B&M realistic, the design is quite something. The drop into a ravine/valley is a very cool feature and it'd really add height to the drop not possible just being built as a standalone. I'd also have a think about the support structure of the lift as I feel this may be a case where the typical B&M Giga support spine may not be suitable, just due to the way in which the resultant force is pushing down, away from the cliff face. Either way, looking forward to more. :)
Favourite Park 2016:Still LISEBERG (mmm... HELIX)
Favourite Ride 2016: Still HELIX (at night)

Steam: JAMMYD777
https://twitter.com/JAMMYD778
https://www.youtube.com/JAMMYD778

Post April 20th, 2015, 4:31 pm

@JAMMYD778 Yeah, I was kind of disappointed about how the drop shaping came out TBH, but on the other hand I feel my other elements have pretty good shaping (at least for a developing/beginner user at FVD++). I certainly think the drop could be a lot flatter and the top needs some work, but I am just going to finish this ride and release it with the current shaping. I am not meaning for this to be a huge project either. This is just a small little side project to boost my creativity a little since my recent attempts at tracks have been pretty boring in my opinion.

Also, thanks for the heads up about the supports. I'll definitely look into that.
Favorite Coasters- MF, GateKeeper, El Toro, Kingda Ka, TTD, Maverick, Nitro, Raptor, Hydra

Post April 20th, 2015, 5:31 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Do the lift supports need to be so far out from the track?
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post April 20th, 2015, 5:45 pm

It is because the MCBR track would hit the supports if it wasnt wide

Post April 22nd, 2015, 5:50 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
I really love the concept for this! I wish a park like Magic Mountain would do it!

Post April 22nd, 2015, 7:19 pm

Points on hand: 9,972.00 Points
^ If they did do something like this, it would probably just do an upwards turnaround after the drop and then a Leviathan-esque brake run into the station. :lol:

Looks really cool! I have a feeling that you're hiding something that's found farther down that first drop.... ;)
mkingy wrote:
Yoda was famously quoted as saying:

Yoda wrote:
Free the Orcas, you must
Sith will prevail, otherwise

Fluorometholone

Post April 22nd, 2015, 7:24 pm

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

I actually drew your concept on the table in science today :lol: .

I might upload it later but my camera sucks so I may not.
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Post April 24th, 2015, 4:31 am

Gradually, I will be releasing portions of the POV of my upcoming ride, on to YouTube to build up the excitement. This is part one of the teaser POV's

*Statistics*
Drop Height - 375 ft / 114 m
Max Speed - 104 Mph
Length - 6969 ft / 2124 m

It has been officially named Hejdl??st, which means wild, violent and uncontrollable in Swedish (i'm no Swedish expert, I just used translate)

Get ready to be teased ;)

Last edited by TheCoasterMan589 on April 24th, 2015, 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Points on hand: 2,777.00 Points
Bank: 122.00 Points
Cheetah hunt teasing style :lol: I liked first element, good job

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Teaser only, boo, because I literally want to go on a complete ride! :lol:
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

@lol240 Eventually I will release the whole POV, but for now, you just have to wait 8-)

^ Okay thanks. :)

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Nice teaser - the valley / ravine really through off my orientation :lol: Looking forward to more teasers and riding the actual thing!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Hopefully my second teaser POV will be finished soon.

In the meantime, I'll just leave this here...

^ Whoa, this turnaround is an awesome pull! I'll call this the beauty! :shock:

Points on hand: 2,615.00 Points

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points

Points on hand: 6,539.00 Points
Details are looking good. Have you worked on the lift crest? Currently I feel physical pain when I look at it.

I know the crest is a tiny bit tight, but I don't think it is that terrible.

Here is a comparison of Fury 325 and Hejdl??st. Hejdl??st's lift hill is a bit steeper, so it is not easy to compare, but the crest seems fine to me. Maybe it just looked bad because of the angle or the FOV in the other pic?

EDIT: Yay, 200th post!
Last edited by TheCoasterMan589 on June 4th, 2015, 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The difference is indeed in the details, but that's closer than I'd imagined.

Points on hand: 5,149.54 Points

The second teaser POV is out! In this one, I really focused on the terrain and scenery just as much as the supporting and trackwork. For the rocks, I used TheCodeMaster's rock pack

Quite brief, but your scenery is progressing nicely!

Next

Return to Hard Hat Area