Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Cobra's Curse - New Spinning Coaster For Busch Gardens Tampa

Cobra's Curse - New Spinning Coaster For Busch Gardens Tampa

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Head in place
Attachments
haaaay.jpg
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
That head is on point. Just like I always say to ckidmwm's dad
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Points on hand: 6,689.00 Points
Oh the HOLY poop moments people will have XD
Drummer, Guitarist, Coaster Enthusiast and a metal head??
126 Credits and counting!
Creator of MK Media on all social media platforms!

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^^ :lol:

Can I expect anything cool from that Cobra's head?
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

FINAL TRACK PIECE INSTALLED ON COBRA???S CURSE

Multi-directional Spin Coaster Begins Systems Testing

TAMPA, Fla. (March 22, 2016) ??? The final track piece has been installed for Busch Gardens?? Tampa Bay???s most anticipated family thrill attraction, Cobra???s Curse???, scheduled to open this summer.

The 4,475-pound track piece was bolted into place on Saturday, March 19, marking the end of track construction and the beginning of the testing phase.

The spin coaster will be the only one of its kind in the world, featuring a menacing 30,000-pound snake king icon and a 70-foot vertical lift that will take riders within inches of its 4-foot-long fangs. The three-and-a-half-minute ride will then spin forward, backward and then freely, taking riders on a whirlwind of exciting explorations.

Additionally, even before boarding the new ride, guests will be just inches away from a 400-cubic-foot snake exhibit in the queue line which will include Jameson???s mambas, Angolan pythons and rhinoceros and gaboon vipers. This multi-level exhibit reflects the theme of the ride while featuring several animal husbandry and enrichment components designed with the snakes??? welfare in mind, including naturalistic design elements, controlled heat sources and humidity control.

Visit CobrasCurse.com to view the first webisode and for more information. Or, be the first to know about new events, special deals and future announcements by following the park???s blog at buschgardenstampablog.com, or ???Like??? the Busch Gardens Facebook page and follow @buschgardens on Twitter and Instagram.

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
It's too bad the ride is so short :(
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

^ It doesn't matter to me as most family coasters are shorter than this, but are a barrel of fun. Short layouts have plenty of "hidden" fun factors.

:)

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points

Points on hand: 6,144.00 Points

Like other promising credits, this is also what I can't wait for an on-ride video! :D

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
The spinning looks a bit pathetic but I love the lift hill from an engineering point of view!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,228.00 Points
the seating arrangement of the cars is a bit strange for a spinning coaster!

Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
mkingy wrote:
The spinning looks a bit pathetic but I love the lift hill from an engineering point of view!

I noticed that too, but then realized it has to do with the weight distribution. All of the dummies are exactly the same weight, so the cars are perfectly balanced, so they won't spin that much. If you're smart about your weight distribution, you can get some pretty good spin going I'm sure.
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

mkingy User avatar

Metazoanhaddock wrote:
mkingy wrote:

I noticed that too, but then realized it has to do with the weight distribution. All of the dummies are exactly the same weight, so the cars are perfectly balanced, so they won't spin that much. If you're smart about your weight distribution, you can get some pretty good spin going I'm sure.

Yeah very good point - any idea how the dummies weigh in comparison to a normal person too? could they be a lot lighter than you'd expect from 4 adults?
Coaster Count - 198

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Well the dummies obviously weigh less than the average person cause they're not obese.
Last edited by Coasterkidmwm on May 6th, 2016, 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

mkingy wrote:
Metazoanhaddock wrote:
mkingy wrote:

Yeah very good point - any idea how the dummies weigh in comparison to a normal person too? could they be a lot lighter than you'd expect from 4 adults?

yeah, the dummies don't look like ones that are filled with water to simulate a particular type of person (child, adult etc), will all be the same weight- not realistic, as real groups of riders won't weigh the same, and i recon that the there will be a system that prevents the cars from spinning too much, and if there is, they'll need to test it, with an unbalanced car, which means they would need dummies of different weights/sizes.

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
I might have missed something but I was unaware that it went locked forward, then locked backward, then unlocked spinning. It looks neat.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
It's going to definitely draw families with younger kids to this section of the park. Literally it just used to be a sand pit you would see kids playing in by Montu. Now that they've added many games as well, I'm certain this area will become crowded again.

This area of the park has literally been dead ever since Cheetah Hunt opened.
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Looks like a really neat ride!
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Points on hand: 2,091.00 Points

Is it really necessary to lock backward for that one helix? Other than that it seems like a fun ride, and that elevator lift is really cool!

Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
technically speaking, none of it is necessary.....

...they did it for my favorite reason: because they can
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

mkingy User avatar

NL2DUDE wrote:
Is it really necessary to lock backward for that one helix? Other than that it seems like a fun ride, and that elevator lift is really cool!

Perhaps to keep the train aligned with the catwalks but also keep the ride a little more interesting. Although I imagine the ride could ascend the lift hill without the rotation being locked.
Coaster Count - 198

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!