Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Carowinds Waterpark Expansion in 2016!

Carowinds Waterpark Expansion in 2016!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post July 6th, 2015, 10:55 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Well.... It has begun.... The 2016 speculation for Carowinds. But I think it is quite clear this is a water park expansion, especially by what the tweet says...

And it looks like the park President kind of spilt the beans also, with him saying this to a guest....

And then Carowinds saying this....

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Wow, they really made it obvious; Waterpark expansion with a rename to Soak City like KD in 2015. Locked my [correct] prediction here
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

^ Lol, I called it first in the top lol. But you did get Soak City name though first if it is correct :P

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Umm... You got the wrong tweet there. lol. I think they were talking about this.
It was deleted a little after posting.

Either way, new slides are a guarantee at this point.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

CoasterGuy2000 wrote:
Umm... You got the wrong tweet there. lol. I think they were talking about this.
[img]http://i.gyazo.com/52a1c27e37cd89a0dc00662f5b249790.png[/imo]
It was deleted a little after posting.

Either way, new slides are a guarantee at this point.

Yea it was deleted and I couldn't find a screen grab of it. I'll put it in, thanks!

They also started a #thanksthunderroad celebration. Basically the same thing as when all old woodies are to get demolished.
It's been a long time

Wonder what this is about.

This is pretty interesting. I don't think it's anything major though given Fury 325 in 2015. Probably a flat to go with the waterpark expansion.

That, or Aquatrax Confirmed! :lol:
It's been a long time

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
i heard theres new orange paint on vortex so vortex might be closing soon to get a rougarou treatment i wonder how much money they have left of cedar fair money

I believe you're talking about the other Vortex at California's Great America, which is basically confirmed. Anyway, those generally don't cost too much money (unless as rumored B&M adds an extra element of some sort) so I wouldn't worry budget-wise. CW and CP will likely still get their coasters.
It's been a long time

^nope im talking about this one a friend that lives near the park said he saw orange paint on the layout as a test so it might come a lot sooner for the end of cedar fair stand ups

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ Exceptions in my opinion: Riddler's Revenge, and Georgia Scorcher. :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

^I sad Cedar Fairs Stand ups you forgot The Green Lattern at SFGADV and Apocalypse At SFA

Points on hand: 849.00 Points
Breaking news ~ I know a person who knows the supervisor over rides at Carowinds and we talked about 2016 so what was did was that a ride will be coming in the spot of thunder road I don't know if Carowinds is still think about it but the rides and operations supervisor told me that a 90% chance it will be a rollercoaster

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Coaster Hero wrote:
^Good riddance :lol: I always hated standup trains

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

It was never a good idea from the start. That's all I have to say.

I don't think Carowinds will get a coaster as a replacement so soon, because if you look at it, CP, CW, and possible KD are already getting coasters for this year. A 4th would probably exceed the budget. Plus, they just got Fury 325, even CW didn't get a large coaster after Leviathan
It's been a long time

Coaster Hero wrote:
I don't think Carowinds will get a coaster as a replacement so soon, because if you look at it, CP, CW, and possible KD are already getting coasters for this year. A 4th would probably exceed the budget. Plus, they just got Fury 325, even CW didn't get a large coaster after Leviathan

Their isn't a set company budget. Cedar Fair runs all its parks separately, the money they make is the money they can spend. If it just happens that 4 parks are in need of a coaster, there's no reason it can't just a question of will it. The breakers refurb is an exception though, that was paid with the money from selling soak city off and nothing came from the parks budget.

^I thought fury was paid from cedar fair to make carowinds the cedar point of the south

^^The reason Carowinds got Fury 325 and King's Dominion didn't get a coaster for 2015 lies with Cedar Fair. Both submitted proposals for that year and CF approved CRW's over KD's because they A. Wanted to make Carowinds a destination park. B. Knew they could get some funding from the government because of its close proximity to both Charlotte and location in both states. Cedar Fair basically decides who gets the coaster and who doesn't, though the parks with higher attendance and profit usually get them more often (i.e. Carowinds, CW, CP, KD, etc over VF, MA, etc.)
It's been a long time

Post July 10th, 2015, 12:01 pm

Ok yea your right with that one. But was there any proof KD even tried for a coaster this year?

Post July 10th, 2015, 12:53 pm

^No concrete evidence but people inside the park told me they made a proposal. I never learned what it was, and I'm not 100% sure that it's accurate, but most parks make an approval pretty often so even if there isn't evidence it's pretty safe to assume.
It's been a long time

Points on hand: 6,539.00 Points
Of the Cedar Fair coasters that got the axe this year, Thunder Road is almost unequivocally the best. When I was at Carowinds recently several people seemed to think there is more going on here than a waterpark expansion, and I certainly hope so. Several employees pointed to the approval of another large investment assuring me that I wouldn't be disappointed, and one even suggested a wing rider a la Thunderbird as a strong possibility. Obviously I've taken their comments with a grain of salt, but there was definitely a lot of buzz.

Edited for brain farts.
Last edited by aj74205 on July 10th, 2015, 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
You mean Thunder Road
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

I can see how he would get those confused. Plus both have gotten/are getting the axe and being removed.
It's been a long time

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!