Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Death on Disney's Rock'n'Roller Coaster

Death on Disney's Rock'n'Roller Coaster

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post June 30th, 2006, 2:40 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

CNN Reports:

-- Preliminary autopsy results found no injuries, but indicated congenital heart abnormalities in a 12-year-old boy who died after a Disney ride in Florida, according to a statement from the medical examiner?????????s office.

Post June 30th, 2006, 2:48 pm

Points on hand: 1,600.00 Points
jeez hyyyper, it was like i already replied to this topic because off your name, avatar, and color/size of your banner

anyway
he probably had a clot or something that just developed or got hit with something someone threw in front of him

idk

weird

Post June 30th, 2006, 3:13 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Originally posted by hyperdude

jeez hyyyper, it was like i already replied to this topic because off your name, avatar, and color/size of your banner

[lol], i'll see what i can do

EDIT: fixed, like my new one?

Post June 30th, 2006, 3:31 pm

Points on hand: 2,125.00 Points

Ok let's hate on me for not checking my facts mr jackass but the ride is intense for a fricken 12 year old. I mean if I can handle 0-120 MPH in 4 seconds flat than why can't some 12 year old handle a disney coaster? I eamn for real come on. And if the parents sue I'll be laughing all night long.

Post June 30th, 2006, 3:38 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

CGS4L15, i rode a slighty bigger and faster version of the RockNRoller when i was 11, and i didn't stop at 1 ride that day,

other than that, the minimun lenght is 1.20 meters, how many kids under 12 reach that lenght?

in other words said, the kid's age wasn't a factor

Post June 30th, 2006, 3:42 pm

Points on hand: 1,600.00 Points
^ haha to your fixing it hyyyper

i can't believe this story didn't reach the news over here in LA. any ride accident is always talked about a lot on the news but i didn't hear anything of it until i read the topic.

Post June 30th, 2006, 4:37 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

To all those who are pointing the blame at the family. I don't think that's fair at all. Its not entirely thier fault that they didn't know this kid had some medical condition (which is more then likely the case.) This is just a sad turn of events just all the other tragic theme park deaths of this nature. Can you imagine losing your family at a theme park? Where your suppose to have fun? This boy could be anyone of us, assuming any one of us has a medical condition that could arise from this. I imagine if you had high blood pressure you'd go on anyways. So i'm just saying don't point the finger at anyone. It was just a tragic accident, and hopefully nothing like this will happen at any park in the future.

Post June 30th, 2006, 5:09 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,562.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

I imagine if you had high blood pressure you'd go on anyways.

I have a family history of HBP and I supposedly have signs of it and still ride them coasters [:p] Watch slap die on one some day.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post June 30th, 2006, 7:49 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
Age isn't important, but body type and weight. Was he physically large? Did he have a heart condition? Maybe his family in general has a heart condition or high blood pressure.

Post June 30th, 2006, 11:58 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by coolbeans326

To all those who are pointing the blame at the family. I don't think that's fair at all.

i'm not blaming anyone, it is indeed a sad coincidence, but i hope the family doesn't lower themselves by sueing disney over this incident

Post July 1st, 2006, 9:30 am

Originally posted by WeeWeeSlap

I have a family history of HBP and I supposedly have signs of it and still ride them coasters [:p] Watch slap die on one some day.
[lol]

... Yeah, I was prepared to do CPR when we rode Ghostrider. Although, if you had needed mouth to mouth, you'd be out of luck man, unless of course I could find coolbeans to do it for you.

[lol]

Post July 1st, 2006, 10:48 am

Points on hand: 3,999.00 Points
I had a passenger have a heart attack on the Space Rocket at LeSourdsville while I was operating it. The Space Rocket is only 70 feet high. He was about 16 years old in good health. Apparently the excitement of a ride can produce tragic results. Fortunately the young man who had the heart attack on the Space Rocket lived.
Trackwalker

Post July 1st, 2006, 10:50 am

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

Guys it was on AOL news yesturday... He had a heart problem.

Post July 2nd, 2006, 6:57 am

Points on hand: 2,316.00 Points
Originally posted by Trackwalker

I had a passenger have a heart attack on the Space Rocket at LeSourdsville while I was operating it. The Space Rocket is only 70 feet high. He was about 16 years old in good health. Apparently the excitement of a ride can produce tragic results. Fortunately the young man who had the heart attack on the Space Rocket lived.
No it's 78 feet high you loser.

EDIT: ...sarcasm.

Post July 2nd, 2006, 1:10 pm
Pad

Points on hand: 1,981.00 Points

Post July 2nd, 2006, 2:36 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,115.00 Points

Originally posted by gotenks

Originally posted by Trackwalker

No it's 78 feet high you loser.

EDIT: ...sarcasm.
YOU.. have no idea who you're talking to.. this man has walked more rollercoaster track than you can dream of riding, he has earned his screenname, loooong before eyou were even born. [lol][lol][lol][lol]

Post July 2nd, 2006, 2:45 pm

Oh man ... insulting Alfred ... now it is on, goten. You thought you had issues with me? Ha! This guy will not only own you, but bury you in a 2x4 used as a handrail on some woodie!

Man, you are ignorant .... sarcasm intended or not, you are ignorant.

[V] ... Tsk, Tsk, Tsk ... [V]

Post July 2nd, 2006, 2:57 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

someone needs to spend a day in the exchange archives.. an eye opener for sure.. oh.. by the way.. keep you eyes peeled for something that i expect to be VERY special here today..not to give anything away, but.....
alfred does not need to own anyone.. even just a 3d editor view of one of his recreations will shut goten's mouth... there's a reason this man gets 9's and 10's

Post July 2nd, 2006, 3:29 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by TConwell

Originally posted by WeeWeeSlap

[lol]

... Yeah, I was prepared to do CPR when we rode Ghostrider. Although, if you had needed mouth to mouth, you'd be out of luck man, unless of course I could find coolbeans to do it for you.

[lol]

t.j. from what i know about ghostrider.. i'll bet weewee got at least ONE look at your face that made him think it might be HIM having to give YOU cpr

Post July 2nd, 2006, 4:15 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
Wow, I'm so confused, this has gone as far off topic as possible [lol]

Post July 8th, 2006, 11:32 pm

Points on hand: 1,849.00 Points

Post July 9th, 2006, 12:11 pm

Points on hand: 2,249.00 Points

he had to have something, whether it was his heart injuries or something else. age didn't matter. i rode this when i was 11. about easily 6 months before i even turned 12. the launch is NOT intense. and as for the rest of the ride, a few loops and turns. you have to remember the ride has all the scenery inside which can be quite disorientating. that, along with the excitement of the ride, might have triggered something in this kid.

Previous

Return to General Theme Park Discussions