Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports DKCF Goes To Six Flags Great Adventure 2016

DKCF Goes To Six Flags Great Adventure 2016

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Points on hand: 739.00 Points
With the 2016 season having already started at Six Flags Great Adventure, I'd thought that I would make this to showcase the trips I make to the park. Considering that it's 20 minutes away from my current job, it'll be easy for me to get there for a short day of fun almost every week, unlike the 45 minutes it usually takes for me to get there from home.

I plan to make videos of my visits to the park, but who knows if I'll film every visit I make. Even so, I'll try to write about all of my days at the park, and even give advice on when to go and what rides to get on before the crowds build up.

Without further or do, here's how my first visit to Six Flags Great Adventure for 2016 was.

Visit #1 - March 23, 2016

After a day at work, I began my drive to the park. As soon as I passed the gates for parking, I instantly became excited to be there. At some points during my visit, I jogged out of excitement. After processing my season pass, I immediately got on line to Green Lantern. Even though it's a stand up coaster, I still enjoyed. It might be from how I positioned the harness or something, I don't know.

After getting off Green Lantern, I began my walk across the park. Halfway there, I stopped at the Joker to snap a pic.

Afterwards, I continued on. While doing so, I saw that Skull Mountain wasn't open, but the waterfall from the skull on the building's facade was working. I then got onto Nitro, and while on the ride at the helix before the MCBR, my vision blurred out for a second, and I thought I was graying out because of that. It was crazy to deal with that.

I then made my way to the Dark Knight. While many people don't enjoy wild mouse coasters, I still like to ride it. This was followed by a ride on SkyScreamer, one of my favorite flatrides at the park. I enjoyed flying in the sky on that ride. SkyScreamer was my last ride of the day, which was followed by buying a souvenir cup from the Coca Cola Freestyle building, and for the heck of it, here's a selfie of me with my messy hair and the souvenir cup.

An interesting thing about my visit was that at the major rides, there were no entrance attendants. I'm not sure if the park was short staffed or they decided to cut entrance attendants. Who knows. Considering that I used to work at the park, I was recognized by a couple of former coworkers, which was very nice. Right now, lines are super short, so take advantage of that before the big weekend crowds kick in.

Total ride count:
Green Lantern: x1
Nitro: x1
Dark Knight: x1
SkyScreamer: x1

I'll be back at the park tomorrow, and will possibly be there on Friday as well, but I'm not completely sure, and I'll make more reports of my future visits there.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel!
Follow me on Instagram!

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
DKCF wrote:
I then made my way to the Dark Knight. While many people don't enjoy wild mouse coasters, I still like to ride it.

I like such ride type, too! I tend to create that in NoLimits! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Visit #2 - March 24, 2016

Today was another day for me to head to Great Adventure. Immediately after going through the front gate, I headed for the SkyScreamer, which barely had a line, and almost all of the seats during my ride were full. Afterwards, I got on Skull Mountain, which was a walk on as well. Same with my ride on Nitro, it was a walk on. I didn't gray out on my ride on Nitro for this visit, but I'm not sure how I grayed out on it on my previous visit. The Dark Knight was my next ride after that, and I don't know why, but the pre-show was not being played, and the wait was only a couple minutes.

As with the previous rides I rode, my next ride on Batman was a walk on. Kingda Ka's wait was a couple of minutes and only at the station. I could've rode Kingda Ka more than once, but I'll marathon it some other time this year. Next was Zumanjaro, which I rode four times in a row, mainly because there was barely any wait time for it. The same goes for my rides on El Diablo and El Toro; both rides were walk ons. I then rode the Runaway Mine Train, which only ran one train, considering that the park just opened this week. I then took one more ride on the SkyScreamer before leaving for the day, which only had a few people on, including myself.

Since the rides that I got on had barely to no lines, I highly recommend taking advantage of this on days where it doesn't look busy. I'm not sure how the crowds will be during Easter weekend, but I don't think I'll be too bad.

Now for some pics that I took during my day at the park.

Some of Rolling Thunder cars still remain at the park, and I don't know why...

Total ride count:
SkyScreamer: x2
Skull Mountain: x1
Batman: x1
Kingda Ka: x1
Zumanjaro: x4
El Diablo: x1
El Toro: x1
Runaway Mine Train: x1

I'll be back at the park next week, most likely next Friday.
Follow me on Instagram!

Visit #3 - April 2, 2016

I didn't visit the park on Friday due to concerns about the weather, but despite reports of rain for today, I decided to take my chance at visiting the park today.

I arrived after 12:30pm, and immediately after entering the park, I got on SkyScreamer, which was a walk on. I then went on the Dark Knight, which had a short line, and I was able to ride it again as there wasn't anyone waiting in line after the first time. This was later followed by a ride on Batman, which was another walk on, and that was the same with my ride on Nitro. After that, for the heck of it, I got on the Road Runner Railway. Who else doesn't enjoy an occasional ride on a kiddie coaster?

I then took a walk across the park, and decided to get on the safari, which was a walk on. Considering that the park opened a week ago, it's rare for the safari to have a walk on. I managed to get some decent pics of the animals at the safari, as I always enjoy a ride on it. Camp Aventura wasn't open during my visit.

After the safari, I took a ride on Runaway Mine Train, which was a walk on, and ran with two trains. When I got off Runaway Mine Train, more people were waiting than before while I was waiting to board. Bizarro was my next ride, which was another walk on, as well as my ride on El Diablo after that. I later headed for Superman, which actually had a 10 minute wait, considering that it only had one train running. Before leaving the park for the day, I took one more ride on the SkyScreamer, which was still a walk on, and it actually broke down after the ride was over. I then took one more ride on the Dark Knight, and then left the park sometime after 4:45pm.

Total ride count:
SkyScreamer: x2
Dark Knight: x3
Road Runner Railway: x1
Safari: x1
Bizarro: x1
Superman: x1

Overall, my day was good. Halfway through my visit, the weather became less cloudy and started to clear up, but the lines were still short. My recommendation is that if the weather report appears to be bad, but doesn't turn out to be, take a visit to the park, as reports of bad weather can cause some people to avoid going there. So far, the weather has been varying between rain, winds and clear days. Always check the weather reports to be safe about your visits to the park, that way there would less chances of dealing with rides closing down for poor weather. I expect to visit again next week.
Follow me on Instagram!

Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,502.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Nice! Sounds like you had a good haul of rides :D
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Visit #4 - April 10, 2016

Despite the cold weather in the morning, today was a good day for a Six Flags day.

My first ride of the day was the Dark Knight, which I rode twice due to no lines after the first time. I then made my way to Nitro, which wasn't open until before 11am. After Nitro, there was no line for the Skyway, so I decided to take a ride on it and film a video as well.

After the Skyway, I took a ride at the safari. Despite the whole queue being open, it was virtually a walk on. The elephants weren't outside due to the cold weather during my ride, and Camp Aventura still wasn't open yet. After the safari, I headed towards the Runaway Mine Train, and took a ride on it. Before riding the safari, the Runaway Mine Train was closed, but was open when I got there after getting off of the safari. My next ride was on El Toro, which was a walk on, and only had one train running during my visit. I later rode El Diablo, which I rode twice because of no lines. During my first ride on El Diablo, hangtime was used, and I loved it. I then took a video of El Diablo.

My next ride was on Zumanjaro. Before getting on that ride, Kingda Ka was closed, and after getting off Zumanjaro, Kingda Ka was back open. I actually rode Zumanjaro three times in a rows, with one ride on each of the gondolas. Kingda Ka was my next ride after that, which was a walk on into the station.

After Kingda Ka, I decided to press my luck at one of the games at the Boardwalk section. The game is called Blockbuster, and the goal of the game is to knock down three blocks stacked on top of each other off of its platform by throwing a ball. I decided to play that game because it had DC themed guitars on display as prizes for it. I played the game twice, but failed both times, but I was close. The first time I tried it, I knocked down two blocks, and on the second time, I only knocked down one. On my second try, the one block I knocked down was the bottom block of the stack, and the other two blocks from the stack didn't fall over, but just stayed stacked on each other, which was really funny.

Before leaving for the day, I took a ride on the Skyscreamer, which had a short line. While walking towards the Skyscreamer, I saw the Harley Quinn Crazy Train being tested. All it did was go up the lift and rollback. I'm not sure why that was happening, but it's good to see that coaster being tested after getting its new theme and paint job.

Now for some pics. I didn't take a lot, but I think they're great.

Total ride count:
Dark Knight: x2
Skyway: x1
Safari: x1
El Diablo: x2
Zumanjaro: x3
Skyscreamer: x1

As the day went by, the weather got warmer and the crowds got bigger. As with any visit, it's always best to get there by opening time and to get on whatever ride you really want to ride before the lines get long. The same thing can be said for the safari. I expect to visit again next Sunday.
Follow me on Instagram!

Wow so much excitement shared to all! :D

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Nice panorama picture! Thanks for the trip reports too :)
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Visit #5 - April 17, 2016

I arrived at the park 15 minutes before opening time. Immediately after entering through the gates, I headed to Kingda Ka. Even with the park just opening for the day, there was still a crowd wanting to ride. I actually waited around 5 to 10 minutes in the station before getting on.

However, after boarding the train, we waited at the beginning of the launch for a few minutes, and the ride ended up breaking down. Before being taken back into the station, I saw a maintenance guy climbing onto to the track to figure out the problem. After the train I was on was brought back into the station, it took around a total of 25 to 30 minutes for Kingda Ka to start up again. In the middle of it being fixed, Zumanjaro got stuck in the middle of the tower, and was later released from the hooks carrying the gondolas. After Kingda Ka reopened, I got my ride and later headed for a different ride.

My next ride was on El Toro, which had a walk on to the station, and had almost every row filled with people waiting to ride. I later rode Bizarro twice. Both times I rode it were walk ons. I later decided to take a ride on the Skyway, because there was no one on line, but there was a short line for it at the Lakefront side of it. Immediately afterwards, I rode Skull Mountain, which had a short line. I then rode Nitro, which had a 15 minutes wait, and ended up getting longer by the time I got on. My last ride of the day was on the Dark Knight, which had a short line. Before leaving for the day, I pressed my luck at the game I played during my last visit, and despite being close to winning, I still lost. Better luck next time.

Now for some pics:

Now for a pic of some goats:

Total ride count:
Bizarro: x2

Because of the longer wait times, and the fact that it's starting to get warmer, crowds are building up. Not everyone going to the park will show up in the morning, so always get there in the morning, and get on whatever ride you really want to get on before lines get longer. I would like to assume the crowds will get bigger and lines will get longer when the summer comes by, especially when the Joker opens. I'll be back at the park on Saturday, where I will also check out the food truck festival.
Follow me on Instagram!

Visit #6 - April 23, 2016 (Food Truck Festival)

I arrived at the park 15 minutes before opening time, but was able to enter through the gates 5 minutes before the rides opened. My first ride of the day was SkyScreamer, which just opened for the day when I got there. Afterwards, I rode the Swashbuckler twice. The first time I rode it, I was the only rider, and even the first rider of the day for the Swashbuckler. I stayed where I was on that ride for the second time, and ten more people took a ride on it. Immediately afterwards, I rode the Harley Quinn Crazy Train, which still has the sign for its former name. I would like to assume that a new sign for its new name will be made by the time the Joker opens. My next ride was on Skull Mountain, which was a walk on since it was still the morning. My next ride on Nitro was also a walk on, and I even had a row all for myself. I then rode Batman, which was a walk on, followed by the Dark Knight, which had a short line.

I then began my walk across the park. While doing so, I played the lazer maze game. I played the game in hard mode, and got 97 points. Next was a ride on Houdini's Great Escape, which actually had a 10 minute wait. I then took a ride on Bizarro, which was a walk on, and it started to drizzle before I got on, and riding Bizarro while it was drizzling was interesting. I then made my way to El Toro, which had a short wait, and I rode on the last seat of the 5th car. I then headed for Green Lantern, where the single rider line was closed, then the ride briefly closed due to a guest entering the restricted area, which is the most stupidest and dangerous thing that anyone can do. I would like to assume that the person who went into the restricted area got banned from the park, because if that person was attempting to retrieve a lost item, the best thing to do is to notify the ride attendants about it and file a report to lost and found. Overall, I ended up waiting in line for Green Lantern for 40 minutes, but it was worth it for me in the end.

After having fun on the rides, I decided to check out the food truck festival, which was the main reason I went to the park. It was great to check out these food trucks at the park, but I only ate from 3 food trucks. If I were a food enthusiast, I would have ate from all of the food trucks, but that would be too much for my stomach. If the food truck festival will happen again next year, I'm obviously going to waste no time for it.

Now for pics:

Here's an offride video of the Harley Quinn Crazy Train:

Here's a fun video I made for the park's B&M coasters, minus Nitro:

Total ride count:
Swashbuckler: x2
Harley Quinn Crazy Train: x1
Houdini's Great Escape: x1
Bizarro: x1
Green Lantern: x1

Despite short wait times on some rides, there are some big crowds that are building up. As always, go to the park in the morning, and get on whatever ride that will become busy later in the day. Plus, it's always a good idea to ask the entrance attendants for the wait time. If they are unsure about it, then that might mean they haven't been given any updates about it. Who knows when exactly I'll be back at the park, but I definitely aim for sometime next weekend.
Follow me on Instagram!

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Why does the park have goats? SFNE had a goat one year but it's no where to be found now.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Sweet updates. I'm going to SFGAdv in a few weeks and could not be more excited for El Toro and Nitro and KK and Zumanjaro =D And The Joker looks fun.

Do we know when The Joker is going to be open?
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Paradox wrote:
Why does the park have goats? SFNE had a goat one year but it's no where to be found now.

It's part of an animal section right next to the SeaFari Theather. When that section is open, it's a good short cut from the Golden Kingdom section to the Plaza de Carnaval section.

GerstlCrazy wrote:
Sweet updates. I'm going to SFGAdv in a few weeks and could not be more excited for El Toro and Nitro and KK and Zumanjaro =D And The Joker looks fun.

Do we know when The Joker is going to be open?

Thanks for enjoying the reports. From what I've been hearing, the Joker could open sometime around Memorial Day weekend.
Follow me on Instagram!

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Why does such a small piece of garbage take such a long motherfucking time to open? Get moving with the thing already. I'm going on the 20th, so I suppose I won't be riding it this trip. Maybe they'll do a soft opening.

I was looking forward to riding it once and having it attract peasants away from other coasters.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I thought Six Flags generally uses memorial day weekend to open new coasters.
What are these for?

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
GerstlCrazy wrote:
Why does such a small piece of garbage take such a long motherfucking time to open? Get moving with the thing already. I'm going on the 20th, so I suppose I won't be riding it this trip. Maybe they'll do a soft opening.

I was looking forward to riding it once and having it attract peasants away from other coasters.

I've never seen SF soft open a coaster. I'll probably do the same thing as you, ride it once and then forget about it. It'll be a people grabber hopefully so I can marathon El Toro.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Visit #7 - April 29, 2016

I arrived at the park 15 minutes before opening. While parking my car, I saw some school buses arrive as well, and I assumed that those were school trips, considering that the park has been open all week this week. The entrance gates were open before the rides opened, and after doing so, I headed to Nitro. I got there about 5 to 10 minutes before it opened, and it started to get crowded from the large group of people getting anxious to ride. As soon as the entrance to Nitro opened, everyone including myself started running, and I got to the station first since I was at the front of the line behind everyone, and even got to the front row. However, Nitro wasn't busy yet, and not every row after my ride had people waiting to ride. I ended up riding Nitro a total of 7 times in a row without getting back in line because of this, and I enjoyed every ride on the rows I was able to get on before the crowds came by.

After that, I took a ride on the Dark Knight, which was a walk on, and the preshow wasn't running. Before riding Dark Knight, I saw these displays at the Movietown section promoting Hurricane Harbor, Fright Fest, and Holiday in the Park, and I thought that they were cool.

After riding Dark Knight, I decided to ride the smaller rides, starting with Deja Vu. Since Deja Vu always plays music while the ride is in motion, the song that was playing during my ride was Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust", and that song had me dancing. I then got on the Fender Benders, which was a walk on, as it was still loading people onto it when I got there. Next was the Harley Quinn Crazy Train, which I rode twice since I rode the front car the first time I got on it. I rode it on the eight car for my second ride. I then when for Houdini's Great Escape, which had a couple people waiting in line for it getting confused if the ride was actually open, as no attendant was outside the ride, but it was open, and the people who thought the ride was closed got on.

El Diablo was my next ride, and the lines were very short for it. My next ride on El Toro had me waiting for around 20 minutes before getting on, since it ran with one train. While riding El Toro, I sat next to a woman who took her phone out a couple of times to make Snapchat videos, and I told her that she was out of her mind, as she was clearly breaking the loose article policy. I then headed over to the SkyScreamer, which was a walk on as they were boarding people on when I got there. My next ride was Skull Mountain, which was a walk on, and I rode it at the back row of the back car of the train. This was followed by a ride on Batman, which was another walk on. The same can be met for my next ride on the Dark Knight again, which I rode twice in a row that time as it wasn't busy and there were no short lines. Before leaving for the day, I took a ride on the Buccaneer and the Swashbuckler, and those rides were fun during my day.

I didn't take a lot of pics, but what I took was good.

Total ride count:
Nitro: x7
Deja Vu: x1
Fender Benders: x1
Harley Quinn Crazy Train: x2
Houdini's Great Escape: x1
Buccaneer: x1
Swashbuckler: x1

While the park wasn't too crowded during my time at the park, large groups, especially school trips, can cause some longer lines. Plus, it was chilly and cloudy during my time there, so not a lot of people like to go to the park in the cold. Since Nitro had a large crowd of people before opening, people are wanting to get on the best rides at the park in the morning, which is what I do, and always advise everyone who goes to the park to do. Who knows how the weather will be in the next few weeks, but the warmer the weather, the more crowded the park can be. As always, I aim to visit again next weekend.
Follow me on Instagram!

Visit #8 - May 6, 2016

Despite the wet weather, I decided to take a visit to the park. After working overtime hours at my job, I arrived at the park at around 4:30pm. First thing I see after entering the park was the Joker testing. I was mesmerized by that. It was amazing to see it testing in person. After seeing that, I decided to take a ride on the Harley Quinn Crazy Train, which now has its new sign up.

My next ride was on Kingda Ka, which was a walk on to the station, and was running with one train. However, after the train came into the station, Kingda Ka broke down. It took around a half hour for it to reopen, but I was patient, and rode it again after my first ride. Next was El Toro, which was a walk on, ran with one train, and had no one waiting to get on. There were people staying on the ride from previous rides on it though.

This is what El Toro's station was like when I got there.

Overall, I rode El Toro three times in a row; twice in the front row, and once all the way in the back row. I then headed for the Skyway, as I saw that it was open, but before that, I took a ride on the Runaway Mine Train. Just like El Toro, no one was waiting to board, and only had people from previous rides on it ride it again.

This is what Runaway Mine Train's station was like when I got there.

After riding the Runway Mine Train, which was followed by a ride on the Skyway, I saw that Jolly Roger was open, and decided to take a ride on that. While it's not too thrilling, it was fun for me. My last ride of the day was Dark Knight, which was a walk on, and the preshow was not due to low ridership, and since there were no lines, I rode it three times in a row. While walking to the park exit, I saw a display that used one of Rolling Thunder's car, which was a great thing to do for a part of a now defunct roller coaster.

Total ride count:
Kingda Ka: x2
El Toro: x3
Jolly Roger: x1

Because of the wet weather, it was a dead day, and the park ended up closing one hour early because of it. The only big crowds were school trips. During my time at work, I checked the park's Facebook page and the Six Flags app for changes in its operation schedule, and since the weather did mellow out, I took my chance at today's visit, and it was worth it. I had a good day. So if you want to go to the park on a dead day, always look at the weather report, because who know if a rainy day could have one thousand, or maybe one hundred people show up to the park. As usual, my next visit is aimed for next week.
Follow me on Instagram!

Is it just me or Larson Loop in the distance also looks like a Shuttle Loop part? :lol:

Visit #9 - May 13, 2016

Despite reports of rain, I decided to take a visit to the park, and just like the past couple of weeks, school trips were at the park. I arrived at the park at around 10:15am, and there was a line at the security gate, which took over 10 minutes to go through. I'm not entirely sure why there was a line at the security gate. After getting through the entrance gate, I immediately headed for Superman, which actually took 10 to 15 minutes to get on because of people from the school trips.

After Superman, I decided to see if Zumanjaro was open, and it was. Thanks to the single rider line, I rode Zumanjaro seven times in a row, beating my previous record of six times in a row in one day. Because of the standard queue being a walk on, or having a really short line, I was able to get back-to-back rides on most of my rides on it. While I could have asked to stay in the same seat when there was barely anyone waiting to ride, I simply decided to just get back into the single rider line by hopping over the handrail.

My next ride was El Toro, which was a literal walk on, as no one was waiting for the very last row of the last car. My ride on El Toro felt a bit rough. I'm not sure why it was, but it could either be from the tracks getting rough, or from the train. Who knows. My next ride was El Diablo, which had a short wait as the ride was in motion when I got in line. This was followed by a walk across the park to the SkyScreamer, which had a short wait. This was followed by a ride on Skull Mountain, with Nitro being my next ride after that. Both rides were simply walk ons. After that, my last ride of the day was Dark Knight. I rode it four times in a row, as there was no wait after each ride. A long line from people waiting at the preshow came by after my fourth ride, and I decided to leave the park after I saw that it was drizzling.

I only took three pics, but I like them.

Total ride count:
Superman: x1
Zumanjaro: x7
Dark Knight: x4

The biggest crowds during my visit were school trips, just like the previous visits I made. I'm not sure how big the crowds for the general public were, but the wet weather might have turned people away. Even with my visits being only three to four hours long, lines are still short for many rides. I'm assuming that the short lines will be taken over by the longer lines of summer crowds when the Joker opens and the days get warmer. As always, take advantage of these types of days, as you could be able to ride all of your favorite rides without waiting an hour or two for each one. As usual, I aim to visit again next week.
Follow me on Instagram!

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Bookmarked this thread, because I did feel your enthusiasm and intelligence in your trip report! :D

Visit #10 - May 19, 2016

After a day at work, I decided to take a visit to the park. I made it to the park by 4:30pm, and immediately after passing through the entrance gates, I took a ride on the Dark Knight, which had a short wait. Batman was my next ride, which was a walk on. The same can be met for my rides on Nitro and Skull Mountain. I then headed for the SkyScreamer, which had a short wait, as they were boarding people who waited before. This was immediately followed by a ride on the Harley Quinn Crazy Train, where I rode the front car. After that, before leaving for the day, I took a ride on El Toro, which actually had a 10 minute wait. Afterwards, the park was reaching its 6pm closing time, so I obviously had to leave. Even with riding seven rides in an hour and a half, I still had a good time.

I only took one pic, which shows the progress of the Joker.

Total ride count:

Just like previous visits, school trips were the biggest crowds, and usually cause longer lines at some major rides. I'm not sure how many more school trips will visit the park, but I'm assuming that it'll die down by the end of the school year, where the summer crowds will take over. Those crowds would most likely be more bigger when the Joker opens later this year. Daily operations will begin next week, so before the park gets slammed, even if the biggest crowds are school trips, visit the park and take advantage of the short lines before the shortest wait time for a ride could be 10 minutes. As usual, I expect to visit again next week.
Follow me on Instagram!

Visit #11 - May 26, 2016

After a day at work, I headed to the park, and arrived sometime before 4:30pm. I noticed that the park was more crowded than my last visit, and school trips were still visiting the park. My main reason for visiting the park was to ride the Joker, since it was season pass holder day for the ride, but it wasn't open, which was a big bummer. Even so, I had no reason to be at the park just for one ride, so I decided to head to Zumanjaro, but it appeared to be closed, so I walked back and decided to ride the Twister, as the line was short.

After that, I walked across the park and got on the Skyscreamer. I waited 10 to 15 minutes in line before I got on. Dark Knight was my next ride, and it had a short wait. This was followed by a ride on Nitro, which had a 20 minute wait. After that, I walked across the park to the Harley Quinn Crazy Train. My ride on that was interesting; instead of doing its usual double circuit, it stopped after the first time for someone having their phone out. After that, the ride started again and did the double circuit. I left the park after that before 6:30pm.

Only two pics, but their good for me.

Total ride count:
Twister: x1

My visit today was a disappointment, due to the Joker not opening, but even so, I did get on the rides that I enjoyed riding, so my visit was bittersweet. Since summer is coming up, as I've always said, get to the park early to ride your favorite rides before it gets really crowded. I'll be back at the park on Saturday, that way I can get my ride on the Joker.
Follow me on Instagram!

Visit #12 - May 28, 2016

Because of my previous visit being a disappointment from the Joker being closed the whole day after breaking down, I went to the park to ride it. I arrived before 10am, and got through the entrance gate at around 10:15am. Soon after that, I headed for the Joker, which already had a line of people waiting to get on. The ride opened at 10:39am, and it took at least 10 minutes to get on the ride. I got on the purple side, and partially flipped on my ride. I had a great time on it, and before I got back to the station, the ride broke down for a couple of minutes, but they were able to fix it quickly. Below are two pics of how the line was before the Joker opened.

After my excitement on the Joker, I took a ride on the Harley Quinn Crazy Train, which actually have a small crowd of people waiting to ride, but the wait was short. I then headed for the SkyScreamer. While waiting in line, the SkyScreamer broke down for a few minutes, and in total, I waited a half an hour in line before getting on. Dark Knight was my next ride, and I was able to walk into the preshow before the doors closed, and I rode it twice as there was no one in line after my first ride. This was followed by a ride on Nitro, where I waited 20 minutes in line, and after that, I decided to ride the Road Runner Railway for fun. Before leaving the park, I took a video of the Joker.

Total ride count:
The Joker: x1
Road Runner Railway: x1

Because of the Joker just opening to the general public, the wait time for it could be over an hour, perhaps two to three hours, so like I've always said, get to the park as early as you can, because with a lot of people wanting to ride the Joker, you could wait about 10 to 20 minutes in line after it opens for the day instead of waiting a long time in the middle of the day. Always remember that. Plus, some of the other rides may not have long wait times from people wanting to ride the Joker. If that's the case for some of the major rides, take advantage of that, but it's always a good idea to ask the entrance attendant for the wait time. As always, I aim to visit again next week.
Follow me on Instagram!

Next

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports