Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Dorney Park Announces 3 New Additions for 2015!

Dorney Park Announces 3 New Additions for 2015!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom, the center of summer fun and family entertainment in the Lehigh Valley, will be adding a new family ride, barbeque dining experience and All Season Dining program for season passholders as part of its plan for the 2015 season.

CCF_webpagesize.jpg

The Cedar Creek Flyers will be added to the lower section of the park across from Stinger. This unique experience is an updated version of a classic thrill ride. Riders will sit in one of eight ??????eagles?????? suspended from arms 28 feet in the air. As the ride spins, the eagles will swing outward ?????? and riders have the unique opportunity to control their flight experience from mild to wild!

Thumbnail_flyers.jpg
Thumbnail_flyers.jpg (32.45 KiB) Viewed 2787 times

Cedar Creek Flyers: You control your ride - from mild to wild! Take flight unique carriages that spin outward like a swing and rise above the ground. Use your carriage's paddle to control your eagle's flight.

Thumbnail_brisket.jpg
Thumbnail_brisket.jpg (19.45 KiB) Viewed 2787 times

Smokehouse Barbecue: Located across from Center Stage, Smokehouse Barbecue will serve up some of the best barbecue around! The menu created by our executive chef will feature BBQ favorites such as smoked beef brisket, pulled pork and hush puppies.

Thumbnail_ASD.jpg
Thumbnail_ASD.jpg (14.99 KiB) Viewed 2787 times

All Season Dining Plan: This program will allow guests to redeem lunch and dinner each time they visit Dorney Park during the 2015 season. Each meal option will include an entr??????e and side at participating locations throughout the park including Amore Pizza, Coasters, Burger Barn and the new Smokehouse Barbecue.

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
Lol I'll probably be at that bbq place alot if I lived near it lol

Points on hand: 1,343.00 Points
Bank: 826.00 Points
dmillz and Tetsu are disappointed wherever they are.

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points
The concept art for the scooters looks very similar to Holiday World's Eagle's Flight. You don't think they sold them to Dorney do you?

Also looks too similar to cedar points are they all sister parks lol jk

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

jdmi012 wrote:
dmillz and Tetsu are disappointed wherever they are.

You think they are? I am! It is my home CF park!
What happened to that Giga coaster? Or that new El Toro?

Step it up Dorney, that waterpark won't keep you alive forever...

Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
I've known about this ride for quite some time and I must say its a good addition. Not everything can be a coaster or big thrill ride. Kids exist in the world to you know.

If you look at how Cedar Fair is building big additions, you'll notice that the top tire parks that do 3+ million guests a year are or have gotten large investments. (CP, KI, Canada's Wonderland, Knotts) The second tier parks that do between 1.5 to 3 million guests a year (Dorney, Kings Dominion, Carowinds, ect.) are getting or will get big additions soon.

Dorney's new coaster is coming. We just need to wait until the contract for Dinos runs out in a year or two. BTW, this is my last season at Dorney and likely with Cedar Fair in general. Sometime in 2015 I'll be moving to Virgina and KD will become my home park.

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
Hmm I didn't know dinosaurs alive was a temporary attraction for the Cedar Fair parks, with all the work put into them I thought they were permanent, but where dorney's is is a great spot for a coaster. And as I said in a post before, it might not be the best thing we could get but flyers are fun rides and I dont know a single person who doesn't like them
What are these for?

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Tetsu wrote:
I've known about this ride for quite some time and I must say its a good addition. Not everything can be a coaster or big thrill ride. Kids exist in the world to you know.

If you look at how Cedar Fair is building big additions, you'll notice that the top tire parks that do 3+ million guests a year are or have gotten large investments. (CP, KI, Canada's Wonderland, Knotts) The second tier parks that do between 1.5 to 3 million guests a year (Dorney, Kings Dominion, Carowinds, ect.) are getting or will get big additions soon.

Dorney's new coaster is coming. We just need to wait until the contract for Dinos runs out in a year or two. BTW, this is my last season at Dorney and likely with Cedar Fair in general. Sometime in 2015 I'll be moving to Virgina and KD will become my home park.

I figured you'd post eventually :P

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Construction Update!
A photo of the parts that have arrived. Not sure yet if this is all of them or not!

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

I never been on them when ever I go to a park that has them I usually skip out on them

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

They feel like there ment for kids not big guys like me

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

They look interesting but I think I would break the cables

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!