Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Falcon's Fury Update 7/21/14

Falcon's Fury Update 7/21/14

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post July 21st, 2014, 12:21 am
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Well it has been quite a long time since we have heard anything about Falcon's Fury over at Busch Garden's Tampa. Luckily, some noticeable progress on the ride was made recently and it seems that the large cables that pull the ride up the top have been replaced.

Falcon's Fury was scheduled to open to the public on May 1st, 2014 as North America's tallest freestanding drop tower but due to a number of reasons has been delayed numerous times and has yet to open to the public.

Here are some photos and a YouTube video showing off the replacement of the cables.

Falcons-Fury-747.jpg
Photo Credit to pixelsattheparks.com
Falcons-Fury-748.jpg
Falcons-Fury-752.jpg
Falcons-Fury-753.jpg
Falcons-Fury-754.jpg
Falcons-Fury-759.jpg
Falcons-Fury-761.jpg
Falcons-Fury-762.jpg
Falcons-Fury-763.jpg

Post July 21st, 2014, 5:27 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
I haven't been following this too closely but replacement cable? That sounds rather serious...?
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post July 21st, 2014, 8:54 am

Points on hand: 92.00 Points
Bank: 1,341.05 Points
Replacing a cable is pretty serious. But I'm wondering if they're doing it as a precautionary measure or if the previous cable was damaged in some way. If it's the latter, I would rather they replace the entire cable over repairing the damaged one.
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy
Cool! The name is Fly Over Rainforest?
I was under the impression the name was Green Coaster Goes Fast Goes High Has Clockwise Loop Has Straight Upside Down Four Seats Two On Each Side Fast Coaster?

Post July 22nd, 2014, 7:35 am

Points on hand: 204.00 Points
Bank: 3,034.00 Points
I wonder if it has more to do with an extra precaution with the car weight. That's some pretty hefty hardware to lift. My speculation is maybe they decided to go with a stronger cable style or gauge, are there ay pics to compare the old cable with?

Post July 22nd, 2014, 1:27 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Yea I feel they replaced it as a precautionary measure so the ride can support itself better and not have to deal with future cable tension issue related things.

Post July 30th, 2014, 7:19 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Another Update has arrived,
It looks as if any necessary repairs or parts that were needed have been completed/installed and Falcon's Fury is back up and testing once again.
One thing to notice however is that one of the "groups" of seats is not rotating on even one of the test runs shown in the video below. Hopefully this means just a simple hose replacement, which hopefully doesn't require more parts to be made and shipped overseas.
Credit to BGTFans for the YouTube video!

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!