Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Ferrari World *Grand Opening enclosed*

Ferrari World *Grand Opening enclosed*

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post November 1st, 2010, 11:44 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Wow that POV made the ride looks like poop.

Almost as much airtime as a Morgan hyper.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post November 1st, 2010, 12:10 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
I think the POV speed is screwed...look at that person at the end that goes from moving very slowly to like, a dead run, and seems to still be in a standing position. Hard to tell, but the physics of the ride look a bit off too...that may just be from the huge scale and lack of steep drops.

I'm guessing a different POV, like one of...hate to say it...tpr quality, would prove that it's a lot better of a ride than it looks in this particular POV, because yes it looks kinda slow.

Not sure how many of the trim fins they can move. I don't think there are hardly any retractable fins along the launch, so basically those on the incline mean if it's going fast enough to get through them and get over the hill, it will make it through the course. If it really launched slow, then it won't make it through the fins, and it will coast backwards slowly through the fins then to a stop at the beginning of the launch, where I think the only other fins are outside of the final brakes.

Post November 1st, 2010, 12:26 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
Actually, I think there are so few retractable fins because if it does not make it over the first hill for some reason, the trims all the way down will ensure that it goes backwards at only around 5 MPH. Then, by the time it rolls back to the retractable fins at the beginning, it will only be traveling at 30 MPH max.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post November 1st, 2010, 12:41 pm

You do realize (minus your 30 mph figure) you said exactly what I did, don't you?

Post November 1st, 2010, 12:53 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Oh, wow... I'm tired. Stayed up watching a horror movie marathon last night...

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post November 1st, 2010, 1:35 pm

Points on hand: 1,303.00 Points
Originally posted by hyyyper

Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

I don't give a rats ass it's in the middle east. Once they mature enough to stop killing everyone in the name of god or whatever I'll care. That area and all of the stupid religion poop is the source of 3/4 of our problems

90% of your problems is there are people like you. Stop polluting topics with your trolling.

Yes... because it's everyone elses' fault that extremists kill people in the name of religion.

(this is ALL I'm going to say)
/end

On topic - I think the coaster looks amazing. The racer also looks fun. This one will most likely give I305 a run for its money.

Post November 1st, 2010, 1:37 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

^ No it won't. the pacing sucks.

Post November 1st, 2010, 2:36 pm

Pacing is not the only thing that can make a ride good for most people. I think you're looking through blinders. Plus, like I said, I don't think the video really does it justice.

Post November 1st, 2010, 3:11 pm

Points on hand: 1,117.00 Points

Looks like intamin has changed direction: lets make all our new ride extremely fast and insane but then put magnetic brake fins everywhere to make it a family ride.....sad....

Post November 1st, 2010, 3:26 pm
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points
Actually really dissapointed after watching that POV the ride just sucked. I was trying to picture what it would be like in real life with the G's and the wind etc. but it didn't seem exactly forceful- not even the launch.

Post November 1st, 2010, 4:08 pm

Can anyone acknowledge that the video might not be indicative of the real experience because of the fps or whatever other factors? The cars are probably empty too meaning the train is likely missing say 3500 lbs which adds to the momentum to carry it through the trims. Also, especially in the second row, the wind alone at the end of Kingda Ka's launch is almost violent in nature, and can be considered thrilling in itself. That's actually my favorite part of the ride.

Post November 1st, 2010, 5:13 pm

Points on hand: 1,117.00 Points

no, this isn't going to be better then this, if you see the radius of those turns, in relation with the last few hops, it isn't going to be much faster then it runs now

Post November 1st, 2010, 6:18 pm

Oh my bad, didn't realize you knew the coefficient of friction for a coaster train of this size and shape, traveling at speeds faster than most every other ride in the world, over a track length longer than most other rides in the world. Guess you must know the design forces for the given radii too, and whether or not there were people in the train and how much they affect the speed through the trims. Wait, you know the exact lens type and FPS of the video? I need your skills.

Post November 1st, 2010, 6:21 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

Post November 1st, 2010, 6:24 pm

Points on hand: 1,085.00 Points
I wish the ride was like I305 after the launch... This ride just looks stupid.
This is not my signature.

Post November 1st, 2010, 6:35 pm

lol Freddie, I want to see you ride a 150mph CCI woodie. That would make my day.

Post November 1st, 2010, 6:37 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I'd do it.

Post November 1st, 2010, 6:44 pm

Points on hand: 1,085.00 Points
That would be a good thing if you rode it.
This is not my signature.

Post November 1st, 2010, 6:53 pm

Post November 1st, 2010, 7:02 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Originally posted by dcs221

Oh my bad, didn't realize you knew the coefficient of friction for a coaster train of this size and shape, traveling at speeds faster than most every other ride in the world, over a track length longer than most other rides in the world. Guess you must know the design forces for the given radii too, and whether or not there were people in the train and how much they affect the speed through the trims. Wait, you know the exact lens type and FPS of the video? I need your skills.

You don't know that either so.....
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post November 1st, 2010, 7:37 pm

That's exactly why I said the video "might" not be a great indicator of how it actually rides under normal operating conditions. maxamaxam said "no it isn't going to be better" which suggests he knows those variables. Thank you for pointing that out and making my position stronger.

Post November 1st, 2010, 8:05 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

Wow that POV made the ride looks like poop.

Almost as much airtime as a Morgan hyper.

Steel eel, Steel force, and Steel phantom... wait no Phantoms Revenge all had great out of yours seat floater air in the back rows and front rows. They have extremely loose harnesses so it works.

I think they are going to be working with the trims and getting them to where they want the speed to be, and most likely faster.

edit: what am i saying? phantoms revenge has insane ejector on some hills

Post November 1st, 2010, 8:11 pm

Points on hand: 232.00 Points
'Cause them dubaians(?) are crazy like that.
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy:
The more time I spend on this website adds more to the impression that this has become a daycare.

Post November 1st, 2010, 8:16 pm

I don't like Morgan hyper air all that much based on Steel Force. Plus the loose harness doesn't help too much when the seatbelt retracts around your waist. It's decently fun, but considering B&M hypers have the same type of air and pull it off much better, I prefer their hypers by far. Of course, Phantom's Revenge is clearly different, but that's just one oddity. The rest seem pretty similar to Steel Force.

As I noted before though, there's more to rides than simply how strong the airtime is or how fast it paces.

Post November 1st, 2010, 8:26 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Steel Eel has much stronger air than all of the Morgans and just as strong as Phantom. Ive ridden everyone except Superman mexico...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!