Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Six Flags New England 2016- Fireball and Superman: The Ride

Six Flags New England 2016- Fireball and Superman: The Ride

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
12th Coaster ???Fireball??? Coming to Six Flags New England in 2016

Coaster Capital of New England Introducing Seven-Story Looping Roller Coaster

Six Flags New England, the Coaster Capital of New England, today announced plans to add a giant looping roller coaster to its already impressive lineup of thrills. The Fireball will offer the ultimate in adrenaline and thrills as the theme park continues to introduce the latest in ride technology for its guests in New England.

???We take great pride in creating incredible, one-of-a-kind ride experiences for our guests here at Six Flags New England,??? said John Winkler, Park President. ???Every year, we are excited to offer something new for our guests and this year is no exception. Our team is beyond thrilled to introduce our 12th coaster Fireball, opening in spring 2016.???

Fireball adds a unique ride experience to Six Flags New England featuring:
???An exciting looping coaster seating 24 passengers in face-to-face positions;
???A pendulum style takeoff with multiple 360??? revolutions;
???An additional 360??? revolution when the train reverses mid-course;
???Heights of over seven-stories tall;
???An approximate two-minute ride time.

The giant, looping coaster will be located in the Rockville area of the park. Fireball is expected to open in late spring of 2016, and riders must be at least 48 inches tall to ride. For more information about upcoming 2016 Six Flags rides and attractions, including a video highlighting the new rides, visit http://www.sixflags.com/newfor2016

The park is also thrilled to announce a change to the iconic steel coaster BIZARRO. The ride will be relaunched as SUPERMAN??? the Ride in spring 2016 and BIZARRO will be overwhelmed by his powerful arch nemesis, SUPERAN. The iconic coaster has been named Best Roller Coaster by the 10 Best Readers' Choice travel by USA TODAY in 2015 and is the winner of five Golden Ticket Awards. To create an even better ride experience SUPERMAN??? the Ride, will offer superhero music and theming throughout this epic coaster. Riders will feel like SUPERMAN??? as they climb over 20 stories in to the air and race down like a speeding bullet at 77 miles per hour. Guests will also experience twists, turns and weightlessness along the coaster???s one mile of track. Thrill-seekers will not want to miss this heroic coaster as SUPERMAN??? regains his title at the Coaster Capital of New England.

Six Flags is also announcing the start of 2016 Season Pass sales with a limited time offer through Labor Day featuring the lowest prices of the year. From September 3 through September 7, guests will receive a free upgrade to a Gold Season Pass with each Pass purchased. Gold Season Passes include admission to both Six Flags New England and Hurricane Harbor, and any other Six Flags theme park, as well as free parking and special admission offers for friends. 2016 Season Passes provide unlimited visits any operating day for the rest of 2015 (including park admission to Fright Fest??) and all of 2016.

To keep the thrills coming this fall, Six Flags New England???s annual Fright Fest?? celebration will offer a brand new haunted maze, Slasher Circus 3D and more scare than ever before.
- See more at: https://www.sixflags.com/newengland/att ... VN2Co.dpuf

sfne-fb-ka.jpg

sfne-sm-ka.jpg

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Wow I was just about to post this. Dammit VF!!

Super happy about the retheme, but unfortunately the trains are staying and will be getting some refurbs =(

Fireball actually fits in quite well at this park and they need some more flats. Great follow-up to WC. Hopefully we get another coaster next year (or a giant Frisbee) :lol:
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points
VF15 wrote:
12th Coaster ???Fireball??? Coming to Six Flags New England in 2016

Coaster Capital of New England Introducing Seven-Story Looping Roller Coaster

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Fireball again? Then we need to see interlocking Fireball loops, thanks! Originality added! :lol:
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

stevecoaster User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,031.00 Points

I sort of wish SFNE was given one of those three flat packages. SFNE has a lack of great flats.
Vasco XTR

Paradox User avatar

stevecoaster wrote:
I sort of wish SFNE was given one of those three flat packages. SFNE has a lack of great flats.

SFNE had some amazing flats back in the day, but in classic Six Flags fashion they were all taken out. I still miss Catapult and Nightwing.

The super loop might not be a good choice the more that I think about it. You can find those things at fairs all over New England and trust me there are a ton of them here in the fall.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

stevecoaster User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,031.00 Points

Paradox wrote:
SFNE had some amazing flats back in the day, but in classic Six Flags fashion they were all taken out. I still miss Catapult and Nightwing.

The super loop might not be a good choice the more that I think about it. You can find those things at fairs all over New England and trust me there are a ton of them here in the fall.

Too Many...
Catapult, Nightwing, Twister, Time Warp, Rodeo, Double Trouble, Chaos, Spider... GASP,let me take a breath.
Vasco XTR

Paradox User avatar

stevecoaster wrote:
Paradox wrote:

Too Many...
Catapult, Nightwing, Twister, Time Warp, Rodeo, Double Trouble, Chaos, Spider... GASP,let me take a breath.

Stop you are making me sad. :cry:

This is why I hate Six Flags. They took this great park and turned it into a bunch of rollercoasters in a field.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Paradox wrote:
This is why I hate Six Flags. They took this great park and turned it into a bunch of rollercoasters in a field.

Isn't that exactly what Six Flags is standing for?
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Paradox User avatar

It has begun...

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

^ Superman and Bizarro combined in this image...

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I always thought they chose a bad shade of purple for that when it was initially done. Medusa's redo looked okay, but the intamin looked like garbage.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Paradox User avatar

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

Are they painting it or just pressure washing the purple paint away?

Paradox User avatar

Mikey wrote:
Are they painting it or just pressure washing the purple paint away?

They are getting rid of the purple and will be putting a new coat of red after they are done.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Paradox User avatar

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

True Addicts
True Addicts

Looks fantastic again!

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
I've been hearing around the rumor mill that there will be a "Fireball Challenge" where you have to drink 10 shots of Fireball whiskey and ride Fireball 10 times and if you don't throw up they will give you $100? Can anyone confirm this?
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

SauronHimself User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 1,641.00 Points
VF15 wrote:
???We take great pride in creating incredible, one-of-a-kind ride experiences for our guests here at Six Flags New England,??? said John Winkler, Park President. ???Every year, we are excited to offer something new for our guests and this year is no exception. Our team is beyond thrilled to introduce our 12th coaster Fireball, opening in spring 2016.???

Fireball adds a unique ride experience to Six Flags New England featuring:
???An exciting looping coaster seating 24 passengers in face-to-face positions;
???A pendulum style takeoff with multiple 360??? revolutions;
???An additional 360??? revolution when the train reverses mid-course;
???Heights of over seven-stories tall;
???An approximate two-minute ride time.

True Addicts
True Addicts

GerstlCrazy wrote:
I've been hearing around the rumor mill that there will be a "Fireball Challenge" where you have to drink 10 shots of Fireball whiskey and ride Fireball 10 times and if you don't throw up they will give you $100? Can anyone confirm this?

Just practice with Schnapps since Fireball Whiskey is a schnapps recipe anyways.

slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
GerstlCrazy wrote:

I think the actual challenge is $100,000 to spit out the drink at the top and catch it back in your mouth at the bottom.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Wonder if they are going to keep that "hit the blue wall" effect. :)

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
GerstlCrazy wrote:

100$ for free booze and a few crappy rides? Easy money. Too bad it's probably fake.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Fireball Challenge = DWI? No. RWI! :lol:

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!