Board index Public Relations Contests Gravity Group Contest [RESULTS P-16]

Gravity Group Contest [RESULTS P-16]

Only official CoasterCrazy.com Contests are posted here.

Post July 1st, 2007, 1:26 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Well, i'm sorry i don't meet your expectations, but the last weeks i was very busy with the last week of school, i also have a job and my parents make me do one-hunderd chores and stuff. Plus there was the Troy opening. If i had the time to rate, i would have

Post July 1st, 2007, 1:32 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Originally posted by IntaminFan397

I think that the staff (doesn't say much since the staff consists of gazag also) should only approve of contests if the host has proven himself to be trustworthy.

Although you make a perfectly agreeable point, one in which I side myself on, I think that rail on gazag was pretty rash. Also, I hardly believe that because hyyyper can't be around to get the ratings done in a peferable amount of time makes him untrustworthy. However that doesn't disregard the fact that if Hyyyper had decided to run this contest and known at the same time ratings would have to be held off due to his affairs, he should've gotten a hold of a partner in operation or something to fulfill the duties...in a likeable amount of time...
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post July 1st, 2007, 9:17 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Well I can wait, but I agree with what people have been saying.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post July 3rd, 2007, 12:33 am

Points on hand: 104.00 Points

so then you make the deadline a day that you are returning from a trip

Post July 3rd, 2007, 10:49 am

Points on hand: 3,245.00 Points

Everybody just stop complaining. I think I can stand the judging taking a bit with the rest of the contest being set up and executed so well thus far. The rules were set yp well, he answered questions, and listed the rides that were submitted. Now he just has to rate them.

And any of the non-entrants, you have no right to come in here and complain about hyyyper's job running a contest when you can't even finish an entry. At least most of the people complaining here entered, so it's logical that they want results, but you all are just complaining for complaining sake.

Post July 7th, 2007, 2:23 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

k guys, i'm back from vacation, i've done a little bit. i'm estimating i'm at 60% or something, only things left are tunneltesting, g-force checking, airtime and write the complete rating, i hope to have it done by monday

Post July 10th, 2007, 2:22 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Da Results:

First some notes:
*Adrenaline and originality were very hard to judge, because of the speed is pretty much the same, and you can't be very original in a claustrofobic template.
*Next template will be bigger, i promise
*Also, next contest will not end just before my vacation, and i might co-host it.

1 Woody of woodiness bicoastalkid
2 n00bian queen wersigobra
3 Ointment coreyml
4 Knotted Forest Coasterdavid
DISQ Zoombi z00z3r
DISQ Lumberjack Jonny Richey
5 Woodsteel Thriller tiepilot35
DISQ erian K?????????
DISQ hybrid-theory Collision Course

Collision Course
hybrid-theory

Tech 2
Adrenaline 5
Originality 2
Airtime 3
Total 3,20

And a collision it was. Outside the template, and under the minimal height. The track was rubbish, too high G's support hits, catwalks that disappear, boring layout and full of jerks and pumping.
Track was slow, and the high G's didn't make a pleasuralbe ride.
Could have been ripped out of Rct, below average mark.

K?????????
erian

Tech 2
Adrenaline 6,5
Originality 2
Airtime 2
Total 3,35

First off, you failed to stay inside the template, the G-forces went over the limits, tunneltest failed and the track didn't pass the E-stop-test. And you should really work on making your turns and transitions more smooth, and going up and down more wouldn't hurt.
Pacing was a little slow, and the track was allmost level the whole time, very boring doing the same lap trice.
I couldn't find anything rewarding originality points for, so you scored pretty low here

Woodsteel Thriller
tiepilot35

Tech 7,5
Adrenaline 6
Originality 6
Airtime 1,75
Total 5,03

Nice and smooth track, i loved the drop and the first section. Supports weak, just autosupports. As for tunneltest, there were two very close calls.
The speed was high all the way, but after the first section it was going round in circles and it took a bit of the fun out, it really missed hills, or at least some high drops or ups.
Nothing too special, but the first section was cool, so a bit above average.

Lumberjack
Jonny Richey

Tech 3,5
Adrenaline 6,5
Originality 6,5
Airtime 6,5
Total 5,90

Track was horrible, full of pumps and jerks. And you got out of the template. Way to many straight sections, it was like it was build in Rct.
Train was slow on some points, keeping your track low will increase pacing and speeds, and also the overall adrenaline.
The scenery was nice, and the only reason for the high mark

Zoombi
z00z3r

Tech 8
Adrenaline 7,5
Originality 7
Airtime 6
Total 7,05

Good track, but you got outside the template. To bad, because the lateral bracing and hills made the track very cool.
Fast track, slowed a little bit down on some high section but overall good pacing.
Nice twister, mark is a little above average

Knotted Forest
Coasterdavid

Tech 5,5
Adrenaline 7,5
Originality 7
Airtime 9
Total 7,45

Technical wasn't good, lots of jerks due to aprupt changes in direction and radius. As for banking, some banking was weird, like you tried to put some tricktrack into it, on one occassion it came out good, also banking was a little to strong in the turns, which took away laterals. Supports were rubbish, just autosupport doesn't cover such a twisted and small track. And at some points, the railing is just gone, very weird. Last note, the additional track between the brakerun and station is very unrealistic.
Adrenaline was good, allmost no slow moments.
Originality, i liked the tricktrack and the large ups and down brought up the ride experience

Ointment
coreyml

Tech 7,5
Adrenaline 7
Originality 7,5
Airtime 7
Total 7,20

Smooth track, some close calls when tunneltesting, but overall a very good ride.
Nice speeds, it just keeps going and going.
Nothing all to special, but above average because of the layout.

n00bian queen
wersigobra

Tech 7,5
Adrenaline 8
Originality 8
Airtime 9
Total 8,20

I liked the track, to bad there were some jerks in it, it brought your technical score down. But then again, the extra supportwork raised it. I also liked the tricktrack and the large height changes
Pacing and speed were good, allmost no loss of speed.
The scenery and tricktrack got your score up on this one.

Woody of woodiness
bicoastalkid

Tech 9
Adrenaline 8
Originality 8,5
Airtime 9,5
Total 8,75

Amazing track, supersmooth, additional supports, everything is just great, i found it hard so find some errors, but eventually i gave up.
Great speeds, looks like it's gaining troughout the course
Very cool track and twisting elements, and the station fitted in the template, nice job.

Post July 10th, 2007, 2:29 am

Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points

You didn't have to take the time to rate me even though I was DQed.

Post July 10th, 2007, 2:34 am

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
Well first I'd like to thank the academy, and my parents and friends for being there all along, This win really goes to all of them. At first the journey was tough but.... Oh dear...

Congradulations Bicoastalkid

Post July 10th, 2007, 2:53 am

Originally posted by hyyyper

Woodsteel Thriller
tiepilot35

Tech 7,5
Adrenaline 6
Originality 6
Airtime 1,75
Total 5,03

Nice and smooth track, i loved the drop and the first section. Supports weak, just autosupports. As for tunneltest, there were two very close calls.
The speed was high all the way, but after the first section it was going round in circles and it took a bit of the fun out, it really missed hills, or at least some high drops or ups.
Nothing too special, but the first section was cool, so a bit above average.

I do not like this rating. Not just because I didn't do well, becuase I don't like it.
Supports weak, just autosupports.

It isn't completely aurosupports. I (with help from Jakizle) did:
-Changing the posts holding the handrails from large to small.
-Deleting catwalks and handrails where the banking was too high.
-I slightly edited the supports beneath the final break run.
-I connected the catwalks to the station instead of having a small gap for looks.
As for tunneltest, there were two very close calls.

Yes, and I hope you didn't rate down for that. They were close calls, but the tunnel test technically passed.
The speed was high all the way, but after the first section it was going round in circles and it took a bit of the fun out

There was in no point in the ride a time where it went around in circles. Even if you meant is as a figure of speech, it still didn't go in circles at all; I don't even recall a turn more than about 200 degrees.
it really missed hills, or at least some high drops or ups.

I agree with the hills; GG's have lots of hills and I went more toward the fast-paced turns and dips. But, I disagree with the second part. There were many times where the train was at a low altitude for a while, and raced up a hill and was at a higher altitude and then drops again.

If I'm wrong to be doing this, then I'm sorry and whatever.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post July 10th, 2007, 2:59 am

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points

Post July 10th, 2007, 4:25 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

tiepilot, tunneltest had no influence in the ratings, the autosupport has its own collision checker. As for going around in circles, i know you don't have a helix or whatsoever, but i missed the varity in the turns, like large dips, hills, or bunny's. As for supports, i noticed some of the final touches you mentioned, but i saw no real additions to the supports, like ie lateral bracing (only one entry had it) or the supports that bicoastalkid added. There was no downrate for only autosupports, just an uprate for those who expanded them.

Post July 10th, 2007, 9:44 am

Points on hand: 2,978.00 Points
Congrats to bicoastalkid! I think everyone did a good job and deserves credit for even finishing their track. Personally I didn't feel this was my best work, so I hope to do a little better next time. Thanks to hyyyper for doing this contest. I'm sure it was a lot of work to answer all those annoying questions (like mine). :)

Post July 10th, 2007, 8:32 pm

If that's what you meant, then yes. You're right. I did not do any lateral bracing. And I guess my curves and stuff weren't all that GG-like.

Post July 12th, 2007, 1:04 pm

Points on hand: 3,245.00 Points

Woot! And there are definitely problems with my track. haha

Good job to all the contestant!

Also, tiepilot, catwalks don't make a ride stand up.

Post November 3rd, 2007, 7:07 pm

Points on hand: 1,488.00 Points

Post November 4th, 2007, 6:53 pm

Points on hand: 1,152.00 Points

Previous

Return to Contests