Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Hershey Park 7/26/2014

Hershey Park 7/26/2014

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post July 27th, 2014, 7:26 pm

Points on hand: 92.00 Points
Bank: 1,341.05 Points
I woke up and got on the road here in NY around 5:09 AM. 4 hours into the trip, traffic came to a dead stop on 81 in a work zone. Turns out there was an accident and we were stuck for an hour. Finally traffic starts to move, and I'm on my way again! At about 11:30 AM I was in town and I could see the top of Skyrush in the distance. I had made it! Now to wait in more traffic.

I finally got through the nightmare of parking, and made my way into the park. The first thing I see as I walk in is the monstrosity otherwise known as Skyrush.

I cam around into "The Hollow" section of the park, to see the giant lift hill and the huge crowds of people filling every possible space imaginable.

I did actually get to riding Skyrush around 10 PM. As soon as we hit the drop, I was instantly reminded what Intamin does for fun. This is an intense ride! My first ride of the day was Great Bear. What an awesome ride this is. It keeps its pace so well through the course and is just so much fun.

I got in line and I noticed this sign in the queue.

Hah. That's laughable. Nightwindelf does not ride the center of the train. After Great Bear, I headed around the corner to Sooperdooperlooper. This old Schwartzkopf is everything you want a family steel looper to be. It's so much fun, and you enter the loop around 3.7- 4.0 G's. The only thing I dislike about this ride is the trim in the middle.

While I was standing in line, I could see the section of the river where Great Bear comes rushing through, and I remembered that these supports are a thing.

I also found this guy in line. I think he's wearing capris.

After that, I headed towards the "Boardwalk" area to get some lunch. I spent a little while over there just people watching. ;)

After lunch, I hit Wild Kat. It was a little shaky, but overall a great coaster. Lots of nice floater air, and one or two spots of less than zero G's.

I also spotted this on the station. It must be a hybrid. Not a true woodie.

After that, I did some more exploring and found the Vekoma boomerang. I didn't ride it, but took a nice photo.

I was starting to get pretty warm so I changed to my swim trunks and headed over to Tidal Force. There's a sign on the station that says "You WILL get soaked". Right they are!

It started cooling down, and the waterpark was closing, so I changed back into a pair of jeans and headed for Lightning Racer.

I only did the "Lightning" side, but I don't think it matters. They're both the same thing, just elements in different orders when they interact.

By the time I was off the ride, it was around 9:00 PM and I knew I had to get the last of my rides in for the night. I headed off to Skyrush, which I got on around 10. 2 minutes later, I was back on the path and heading for Storm Runner. This was my last ride of the night, as the park was closing soon.

The cable launch on this was my first ever, and I won't forget it! 0 - 72 in 2 seconds and the cable didn't break! I thought for sure I would get some nice ejector air over the top hat, but it slows down near the crest. Slightly disappointing, but I would ride this in the back for that very reason. By the time I got off Storm Runner, the park was closing down for the night, and I had to bid farewell to the park. I will definitely be going back again.

Here's a link to the album of photos. There's a few I didn't share in the thread. http://imgur.com/a/Yzb9v
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy
Cool! The name is Fly Over Rainforest?
I was under the impression the name was Green Coaster Goes Fast Goes High Has Clockwise Loop Has Straight Upside Down Four Seats Two On Each Side Fast Coaster?

Post July 27th, 2014, 7:34 pm

Points on hand: 5,149.54 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Great review of the park! Makes me want to go back even sooner :D Stormrunner was my first cable launch too, and I definitely wasn't ready for it (right in the front seat) when I rode it. I'd been so used to the LSM launch on Skyrocket!

Post July 29th, 2014, 6:07 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Awesome trip report - I shall check out the rest of the gallary later. It's nice to see such a clean Vekoma Boomerang haha.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post July 29th, 2014, 9:54 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,527.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Nice PTR. Great Bear feels underrated to me. While I've not ridden it, from the pics and videos I've seen of it, I think it should get more attention :)
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post July 29th, 2014, 10:02 am
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points
Excellent review, was a great read. What is the whole guy wearing capris thing about?

Post July 29th, 2014, 10:08 am
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Oscar wrote:
Nice PTR. Great Bear feels underrated to me. While I've not ridden it, from the pics and videos I've seen of it, I think it should get more attention :)

Eh i've been on it, it's good, but is lacking and is a bit short in my opinion.
I guess you could say Talon is the same way, but I think that is more fulfilling, but Raptor is a very complete ride.

Post July 29th, 2014, 10:11 am
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Post July 29th, 2014, 10:19 am

Points on hand: 92.00 Points
Bank: 1,341.05 Points
TheArchitect wrote:
Excellent review, was a great read. What is the whole guy wearing capris thing about?

Why thank you! I pride myself on writing interesting things. The guy wearing capris was just something I thought was funny. Apparently those are shorts that are actually made for men.

Landed yourself on the homepage.

Sweet! Homepage of what?

Edit: Nevermind. I see it now.
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy
Cool! The name is Fly Over Rainforest?
I was under the impression the name was Green Coaster Goes Fast Goes High Has Clockwise Loop Has Straight Upside Down Four Seats Two On Each Side Fast Coaster?

Post July 29th, 2014, 10:21 am
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Post July 30th, 2014, 1:20 am

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points
Those are some great photos. Thanks for posting this!

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports