Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! how do you see a coaster???????

how do you see a coaster???????

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post August 17th, 2007, 4:26 am

Points on hand: 1,902.00 Points
how do you see a coaster?

3 ways:

1. With your TWO eyes
2. With just ONE eye
3. In your imagination [:D]

Post August 27th, 2007, 12:07 am

Points on hand: 935.00 Points
I ususally look and drool for a minute. Then, the shape of the track fascinates me. Like how complex Intamin track is, or how B&M track looks so smooth. Then, my eyes tend to find really well designed elements. Like the stengel dives on Mav and how they are heartlined, or an invert's 0g. Then, I just like to close my eyes and listen to the train fly by.

Post August 27th, 2007, 12:26 am

Points on hand: 6,575.00 Points

I watch the coaster bend or flex. For some reason ever since Superman at Six Flags Ohio (was Steel Venom at Geauga Lake) I like to watch the track shake... Dragster is my favorite to watch, next time you are ther stand by the hydraulic building and stare at the track when it reaches about 50* and you watch it move side to side about a 6in. in each direction.

I also like the shape of the supports and the zero g line on rides????????? Like said above ^^
Cedar Point
2008-2015
--2015--
Beach Band- June-August
https://www.facebook.com/TrumpetDMR

Post August 27th, 2007, 1:11 am

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
I see a coaster as a marvel really. Looking at massive and dominating structures and wondering who had the thought to come up with something like that. And the mechanical aspects are fascinating too. The breaks, drive wheels, motors, B&M flying mechanism, X spinning mechanism, I always want to know how they work. The stats, lines, and supports and how I might incorporate them into my own designs are also in my thoughts.

Post October 14th, 2008, 1:56 pm

Points on hand: 1,575.00 Points
i try to think how much force a coaster has: a lot!!

Post October 14th, 2008, 3:12 pm

Points on hand: 2,588.00 Points
An old thread rises from the dead. But this is an interesting one I think worthy of resurrection.

The first thing my mind tries to do is grasp how it flows, how it plays with gravity. I try to grasp that and then fit it into a framework; as the physics flows, so does the coasters 'story'. I think jpecool said that he sees a coaster as a kind of theater and I do that too. If a particular un-themed coaster strikes me as interesting I'll sometimes try to fit my own theme and story to it that fits it's particular structure and flow.

It's similar to making up your own imaginary video for a favorite song.
Be sure you're not looking in a mirror before you start pointing fingers.

Post October 14th, 2008, 4:04 pm

Points on hand: 1,355.00 Points

Post October 14th, 2008, 4:09 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,502.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

I look at a coaster with my eyes!
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post October 14th, 2008, 4:19 pm

Points on hand: 3,805.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
now 3 people have said that!

when i look at a coaster i cream...

now when i really look at a coaster I run the track with my eyes imagianing every twist and turn quickly throughout and creating a reason for the existance of the ride, and noticing how every support works in sync and realising i could simply watch the ride for hours on end and use the elements in my own coasters, i also love to know why this does that, and how it loves this and my friends get really peed off with me because sometimes i spend more time trying to figure out the make and type of coaster and how it works than actually anticipating the ride, i get too into It... splurge...

Previous

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!