Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Jimmy Fallon Ride Coming to Universal in Florida in 2017!

Jimmy Fallon Ride Coming to Universal in Florida in 2017!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
jf1.png
jf1.png (156.74 KiB) Viewed 2207 times

Late night host Jimmy Fallon has announced that he will be the star of a brand new attraction at Universal Studios Florida when it opens in 2017. Named Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon, the ride is expected to be a simulator-style attraction featuring a 3-D journey through the sights and sounds of New York City.

Here is the announcement that Mr. Fallon did on his show, which of course features plenty of jokes. It does however hint to the ride actually being more of a 4-D attraction with smells, water, smoke and more used inside the show theater.

To make room for the ride, Twister...Ride It Out will be retired on November 2nd. That means that the new attraction set in New York City will be properly located inside the theme park's New York City area!

Universal Orlando's official blog also has some information on the attraction, written by Creative Director Jason Surrell. Universal took inspiration from Jimmy Fallon's popular celebrity race segments when designing the ride. Guests will start by entering Studio 6B for a show taping where Jimmy sends them on his most intense race yet - all over New York City including above, below and on the streets.

That's all that has been released for now, as with most recent Universal announcement we will get details closer to the opening of the attraction.
credit newsplusnotes

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
ew
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points

Blase Rhine User avatar

Points on hand: 30,499.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

I actually quite like the idea... I mean if its going to be supposedly like the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey ride, then it must be fun and anything is got to be better than Twister...
Sometimes I dream of unicorns and oreos

XLR8R User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,273.01 Points
Ugh. I would prefer a field of grass.
Storm Chaser | Intimidator 305 | Lightning Run | Twisted Colossus | Maverick | El Toro | Millennium Force | Xcelerator | El Loco | Magnum XL-200
Coaster Count: 154 - Last Credit: Ragin' Cajun (Six Flags America)

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Hmm, I like NL2 simulator better than this! :P

^ This DOES make me think of the image of ET! We want a boy and a flying bike (NYC messenger style, I mean.) there!

:lol:
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
I always wanted to know what it was like to ride Jimmy Fallon and now I've got that chance. Thanks Universal.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

At this point anything beats Bill Paxton dramatically talking about tornadoes for ten minutes then leaving everyone wet and disappointed. Of course before that, making the guest suffer through a fire tornado, yet more shameless promotion for dodge products, a flying cow with wires, and a grand finally that I find frankly stupid. This thing was crap when it was installed so you know it's gonna be crap now, the zero dollars and zero cents that went into it's updating over the last few years certainly aided in it's quick demise which is all around good. If it comes between Queue Line the Ride and Jimmy Fallon, then I think we can at least give him a shot. If nothing else, remember kids that failure is always an option and its faster to rip something out then to install it new.

Now if only universal would take ET out back and put it out of its misery.

SauronHimself User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 1,641.00 Points
Since it's a Jimmy Fallon-themed ride, I guess I'll have to constantly chuckle at the camera and pretend to be funny.

Mikey wrote:
At this point anything beats Bill Paxton dramatically talking about tornadoes for ten minutes then leaving everyone wet and disappointed. Of course before that, making the guest suffer through a fire tornado, yet more shameless promotion for dodge products, a flying cow with wires, and a grand finally that I find frankly stupid. This thing was crap when it was installed so you know it's gonna be crap now, the zero dollars and zero cents that went into it's updating over the last few years certainly aided in it's quick demise which is all around good. If it comes between Queue Line the Ride and Jimmy Fallon, then I think we can at least give him a shot. If nothing else, remember kids that failure is always an option and its faster to rip something out then to install it new.

Now if only universal would take ET out back and put it out of its misery.

Im never dispointed when riding twisters its one of the only 2 rides from the 90s they still have operating.But sercily the only replacement they could get is Jimmy Fallon theres better ips out there i even rank twister higher than jimmy fallon.Plus univerisal should know this they need rides known world wide not only the USA because theres more visters from england and brazil than anything else.

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
deere839 wrote:
Plus univerisal should know this they need rides known world wide not only the USA because theres more visters from england and brazil than anything else.

Its a "trip" through NYC, what most people consider our greatest city, this is perfect for international guests. Also I can reproduce the entire twister ride in my yard with some fireworks in the spring time. (NEPA spring is both wet and windy)
What are these for?

CKidd wrote:
deere839 wrote:
Plus univerisal should know this they need rides known world wide not only the USA because theres more visters from england and brazil than anything else.

Its a "trip" through NYC, what most people consider our greatest city, this is perfect for international guests. Also I can reproduce the entire twister ride in my yard with some fireworks in the spring time. (NEPA spring is both wet and windy)

one of the worst citys expecially if they recreate the smell i would rather have twister than this

Points on hand: 4,748.89 Points
deere839 wrote:
CKidd wrote:
deere839 wrote:

one of the worst citys expecially if they recreate the smell i would rather have twister than this

My entire family (including extended) grew up in Brooklyn. Please die.
Mind Bender at SFOG is pretty great
Check out my WIP thread
Currently working on Thunderbolt, a second generation Schwarzkoph.

XLR8R User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,273.01 Points
Her0ofLime wrote:
deere839 wrote:

My entire family (including extended) grew up in Brooklyn. Please die.

triggered.png
triggered.png (213.36 KiB) Viewed 1766 times
Storm Chaser | Intimidator 305 | Lightning Run | Twisted Colossus | Maverick | El Toro | Millennium Force | Xcelerator | El Loco | Magnum XL-200
Coaster Count: 154 - Last Credit: Ragin' Cajun (Six Flags America)

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
CKidd wrote:
deere839 wrote:

Its a "trip" through NYC, what most people consider our greatest city, this is perfect for international guests.

And our radio and "dynamic (hectic)" city, too! 8-)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!