Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Kings Dominion 2017 - Planet Snoopy Expansion

Kings Dominion 2017 - Planet Snoopy Expansion

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post August 20th, 2016, 9:39 am

Points on hand: 681.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
I feel like Busch Gardens attendance just skyrocketed for next year :P

Post August 20th, 2016, 9:46 am
VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
2017 so far is looking like a bad year for new major coasters in the U.S., Mystic Timbers, InvadR, Patriot, and possibly a few S&S Free Spins are all we know of so far. :|

Post August 20th, 2016, 10:23 am
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Well to be fair 2016 was huge for new coasters
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post August 20th, 2016, 10:33 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Such a shame. I really liked that wingrider rumor too. Oh well kids-land expansion has to happen at some point.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Planet Snoopy Expansion

Planet Snoopy has been a family fun favorite at Kings Dominion since 2013. We're making room for more fun, more laughs and more thrills in 2017 by adding three new thrill rides for your family and expanding the Planet Snoopy experience including a new event space and upgraded food and beverage locations.

Kite Eating Tree
Charlie Brown???s kite is stuck in a tree again, can you help get it down? On this family ride, guests will be propelled to the top of the tower and bounce down to the platform as they experience sensations of weightlessness.

Sally's Sea Plane
Join Sally as she soars through the air high above the sea! Kids and their parents are in store for an adventure with a trip on Sally???s airplane. Take a trip round-and-round on this giant plane as it rotates and rises into the air.

Peanuts???500
Pick your car and rev up the engine with the Peanuts??? crew on this fun car ride that is the perfect size for your little racers. Start your engines and hit the track in race cars designed for parents and children to ride together as they move in a circle and whip around the corner on a closed track.

Pre-K Pass
Kings Dominion Pre-K Pass is brand new for 2017 and grants complimentary admission to children ages three to five years for the entire 2017 season. Online registration for the Pre-K Pass is now available and can be processed at the park beginning September 3. The Pre-K Pass includes one free visit during the fall of 2016 to enjoy the Great Pumpkin Fest in Planet Snoopy which begins on September 24.

kd_planetsnoopyexpansion_body.jpg
kd_planetsnoopyexpansion_body.jpg (72.12 KiB) Viewed 2967 times

Post August 20th, 2016, 11:38 am

Points on hand: 3,266.00 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Such a shame. I really liked that wingrider rumor too. Oh well kids-land expansion has to happen at some point.

Yeah. It happened in 2010. and again in 2013. And now again.
Lightning Rod|Intimidator 305|Fury 325|Twisted Timbers|Storm Chaser|Wicked Cyclone|Skyrush|Maverick|El Toro|Voyage

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

2018 - New Coaster - Rumor - (8/25/16) So while many were disappointed by the announcement of a Planet Snoopy expansion in 2017, there is one upside to this news. Typically when a park spends very little on new capital in one year, they are saving up to spend quite a bit more the following year on a major new project, such as a giant roller coaster. With that in mind, what could be coming to Kings Dominion in 2018?
The rumor mill is already busy whispering the rumors, with the main concept said to be in development right now possibly being B&M's first Launched Flying Coaster. This would also be the first B&M coaster developed directly for Kings Dominion as well as Busch Gardens Williamsburg always seemed to get them first in the past, but they haven't bought a B&M since Griffon back in 2007. Oh, and don't count Dominator... it was built for Six Flags Ohio and moved to KD when that park closed.
So with BGW not having purchased a new coaster from B&M in 10 years it looks like any exclusivity contract for the local market that they might have had will come to an end in time for KD to get a B&M in 2018. Now I'm not sure how well a launch might feel on a Flying coaster, but I'm curious to see how it works out if the rumor holds true.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/kings_dominion.htm

That's certainly an odd rumor. Not going to believe it until I see it.

True Addicts
True Addicts

It would be better as a launched wingrider.

Paradox User avatar

Take that rumor with a grain of salt. That rumor started because enthusiasts were butthurt that they didn't get a coaster this year.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post September 26th, 2016, 12:59 pm

Points on hand: 2,849.00 Points
Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Medusa Steel Coaster|Fury 325
Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Goliath|Coaster (Playland)

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

I mean I'm down with Hurler renovation. That bastard kicked my ass last time I rode it lol
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Paradox User avatar

The one at Carowinds was great fun though.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Thats fake btw. (its nl2)
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

True Addicts
True Addicts

Yeah it's not a blueprint at all lol

Points on hand: 3,266.00 Points
Yeah, it's fake. That's my Hurler conversion. Decided to put it in AutoCad see how it would look. One can dream!
Lightning Rod|Intimidator 305|Fury 325|Twisted Timbers|Storm Chaser|Wicked Cyclone|Skyrush|Maverick|El Toro|Voyage

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Everything for Hurler 2018 has been moved to it's own topic here.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Oh okay thanks for saying that. :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
lol240 wrote:
Oh okay thanks for saying that. :)

You're Welcome!

Points on hand: 6,689.00 Points
Surprised that this hasn't mad it over here yet!

So it looks like that Kings Dominion announced at the "Ace Warm Up Event" that was held at Six Flags Over Georgia, that they are adding the same type of mobile game that Cedar Point added last year for guests to enjoy while they are off rides!

Augmented reality is coming to Kings Dominion in 2017, and it looks to be bigger and better than anything offered at an amusement park before. Teaming up with award-winning industry supplier, Holovis, Cedar Fair is continuing to step up its offering in augmented reality and ???techtainment??? as a whole. Coming in spring of 2017, guests visiting Kings Dominion will be able to interact with various aspects of the park and with others guests. Waiting in queue lines at Kings Dominion will now become more interesting and potentially enjoyable. Today, nearly every park guest over the age of 16 has a smartphone, and they are using it a lot during their visits to amusement parks. Engaging these guests while they wait really brings endless opportunities to the park!

Guests download the augmented reality mobile app onto their (iOS or Android) smartphone. Upon visiting the park, the guest selects a Coaster Clan that they love the most. At Kings Dominion, guests can pledge their coaster allegiance to one of the following five Coaster Clans:

Intimidator [305]
Volcano
Dominator
Flight of Fear
Avalanche

Source: http://coasteraddict.com/a-battle-is-brewing-at-kings-dominion/

What are your guy's thoughts!?
Attachments
the-battle-for-kings-dominion-characters_1_[1].jpg
the-battle-for-kings-dominion-characters_1_[1].jpg (180.7 KiB) Viewed 2523 times
Drummer, Guitarist, Coaster Enthusiast and a metal head??
126 Credits and counting!
Creator of MK Media on all social media platforms!

Previous

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!