Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Kings Island's WindSeeker!

Kings Island's WindSeeker!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post August 25th, 2010, 5:29 pm

Points on hand: 2,597.00 Points
I'd love Dorney to get one...but we only build a new ride once every like 3 years.

Post August 25th, 2010, 10:51 pm

Points on hand: 5,836.00 Points
I love adrenaline and thrills but I admit this would be scary as poop the first time LOL!

Post August 25th, 2010, 10:53 pm

Points on hand: 5,836.00 Points
I love adrenaline and thrills but I admit this would be scary as poop the first time LOL!

Post August 25th, 2010, 11:52 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

To those crying about this, it's not original enough, "We need a new coaster, zomg we never get any new coasters, the other 17 we have aren't good enough! :'(" etc.,

Post August 26th, 2010, 12:12 pm

Points on hand: 1,341.00 Points

Is it still "record-breaking" if they all open at the same time? And how tall is the observation deck on the Eiffel Tower at KI is this going to be taller?

I am glad though that it stays at the top for about 9 rotations though, lately they have been cutting down on ride cycle times.

One thing I don't think was yet mentioned is the possible importance of this deal. If everything goes as planned, it would probably put Mondial in good standing with Cedar Fair. and if they were commissioned to make such a giant family ride, think about what the company that makes all those super crazy rides European rides like Top Scans that we don't have in the U.S. can do for an ACTUAL giant thrill ride? I'd love to see a park get a super top scan!

Post August 26th, 2010, 1:08 pm

I think the tower itself is over 300 feet but the observation deck is around the 275 mark.

Post August 26th, 2010, 8:32 pm

Points on hand: 50.00 Points
I'm going to go opening day next year but theres no way im riding this! Ok Diamondback 3 trains and that day they were doing 5 trains in 5 minutes and it took 7 hours to get on the ride on the first day! Now imagine one train a 3 minute ride only holding 62 passengers, Id say people will be waiting from morning all the way to night to get on this. The line for this is going to be CRAZY, but eventually I will ride then and i'll tell you guys all about it!

Post August 27th, 2010, 2:29 pm

Points on hand: 1,107.00 Points
NICE RIDE!!! I think Dorney should put one where Laser(left at end of 2008 season :() was.

Post August 27th, 2010, 2:43 pm

^ I AGREE! If any of the CF parks need a new ride its Dorney. They havn't really built a new ride since Hydra. Demon Drop and Voodoo (I hate the Possessed name) were both relocated and a ride like this would absolutely get attention because it'd be the tallest ride in the park.

Post August 27th, 2010, 4:46 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
Originally posted by Metalkat

Is it still "record-breaking" if they all open at the same time? And how tall is the observation deck on the Eiffel Tower at KI is this going to be taller?

I am glad though that it stays at the top for about 9 rotations though, lately they have been cutting down on ride cycle times.

One thing I don't think was yet mentioned is the possible importance of this deal. If everything goes as planned, it would probably put Mondial in good standing with Cedar Fair. and if they were commissioned to make such a giant family ride, think about what the company that makes all those super crazy rides European rides like Top Scans that we don't have in the U.S. can do for an ACTUAL giant thrill ride? I'd love to see a park get a super top scan!

The Wisconsin State Fair had a top scan.
American Eagle Lover

Post August 28th, 2010, 2:59 pm

Points on hand: 1,341.00 Points

I think Dorney might have restrictions on ride heights or evil neighbors or something like that. I thought I remember them having issues in the past...

I really hope we get some of their really intense rides at some point.

Here are some other rides they make that aren't often heard about

Inferno

Diablo

And I don't know the name of it, but its a free spinning Flying Carpet! OMG I need one lol

But anyway back on topic, I know they have had some issues with rider safety in the past, so I'm a little surprised that they got a contract with Cedar Fair. I know in New York one of their Top Scans threw a woman out of the park.

Post August 28th, 2010, 3:19 pm

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points
These are all Mondial rides.I think they should get a giant huss frisbee...

Post August 28th, 2010, 4:39 pm

RCT2 and 3 call something similar to those "Double Inverters"

Post August 30th, 2010, 10:25 am
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
Mikey needs to program in a freefall switch. I'm back by the way.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post August 31st, 2010, 11:10 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
just gotta say LOL for Metalkat getting OWNED. His entire first post is nothing but garbage - clearly not informed.

Post September 9th, 2010, 4:02 pm

I can tell they've made a stupid mistake! For every park this is going to, At each park the ride will still be named Windseeker? I mean seriously, For each park maybe change the name of the ride and maybe the colors?

Post September 9th, 2010, 4:08 pm

Originally posted by Metalkat

I've noticed during this years, Ride times are shorter depending on guests, I've noticed on the really packed days they actually increase the chain speed on roller coasters and make flat rides last not as long, Its just weird how they do it, And on some days if its not packed enough in the morning they won't open 1/2 the park until 11:00-12:00 its odd how they do there stuff.

Previous

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!