Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 NL Team Teases WINGRIDERS!

NL Team Teases WINGRIDERS!

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post December 6th, 2014, 4:45 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Breaking News!
The NoLimits 2 Team has closed #ScreenShotSaturday with a musterious image!

If you look even for 5 seconds, you can tell it is the long awaited WINGRIDER TRAINS!

I hope this means that the Wingriders will be released very soon!

Check out the post here!

Don't have NL2? Buy It Now! Click below :)

Post December 6th, 2014, 5:00 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I'm predicting they'll release the new trains near Christmas.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post December 6th, 2014, 5:03 pm

Points on hand: 907.00 Points
If that's not a wingrider, then I guess I don't know what a wingrider is! :P

I wonder what else is in the new update? There's some features listed as "possibilities" that I've wanted to see live for a while! It'd be nice if for example they put Arrow style transfer tracks with siderails in, or an option to turn the warning horn off for floorless!

Then there's always my pipe dream wishlist like Drachen Fire style corkscrew trains, cable lifts/launches, procedurally generated catwalks/evac stairs, non-railing catwalks, upgraded rollback sounds to go with our new fancy anti-rollbacks, etc. etc.

Hell, I'll be happy if the only thing in the update is the wingrider trains, but a guy can dream eh?

Post December 6th, 2014, 5:10 pm

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
I'm guessing they'll be released on the exact 1 year anniversary. My guess is that it will also include X-trains and a few more flat rides.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Post December 6th, 2014, 5:14 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Yesss!! I heard they were aiming for a Christmas of 2016 release!

Post December 6th, 2014, 5:16 pm

Points on hand: 5,149.54 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

GerstlCrazy wrote:
Yesss!! I heard they were aiming for a Christmas of 2016 release!

Which means it'll be ready by Christmas of 2020! Woo! :D

Post December 6th, 2014, 5:18 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Wat 2016? That is one two more years Gerst :lol:

Train want list (add to it if you want):
-Wingrider
-Premier trains (FT, SFUF, SS, ZTR, etc.)
-Intamin wing trains (Skyrush)
-Gerstlauer infinity trains (Karacho and Smiler)
-RMC trains
-New Vekoma trains
-Zac Spin
Last edited by Paradox on December 6th, 2014, 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post December 6th, 2014, 5:19 pm

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
2016 would be 2 more years.......
Anyway I really hope for a "Save As" button. Arrow Hyper Trains would be nice too though.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Post December 6th, 2014, 5:20 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Paradox wrote:
Wat 2016? That is one more year Gerst :lol:

Train want list (add to it if you want):
-Wingrider
-Premier trains (FT, SFUF, SS, ZTR, etc.)
-Intamin wing trains (Skyrush)
-Gerstlauer infinity trains (Karacho and Smiler)
-RMC trains
-New Vekoma trains
-Zac Spin

^ 2 years :lol:

Post December 6th, 2014, 6:08 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
I'm predicting they'll release the new trains near Christmas.

I've been saying this for the last 10 months
What are these for?

Post December 6th, 2014, 6:45 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Hopefully you're right Ckidd!

Post December 6th, 2014, 9:13 pm

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points
image.jpg
image.jpg (15.34 KiB) Viewed 2153 times

This...this is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Thank you.

Post December 6th, 2014, 9:21 pm

Points on hand: 5,149.54 Points

Rickrollercoaster wrote:
image.jpg

This...this is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Thank you.

I think I know why you love the trains so much... ;)

Post December 6th, 2014, 9:26 pm

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points

Post December 6th, 2014, 11:13 pm

Wing Coasters are my jam. I don't even care. I am so excited for this update.

Post December 7th, 2014, 2:47 am

Points on hand: 204.00 Points
Bank: 3,034.00 Points
For me getting excited about a wing coaster teaser now is like getting excited about getting my stuff back after a game of "keep away" after I already replaced it.

"Yay. finally getting that wing coaster, the only standard B&M train design not in the release (the staggered hypers even have separate scoop and non scoop versions) after waiting so long people just made them themselves. \o/. I've seen 8 to 10 different models already, NL2's wing model is at least the 9th. What is there to tease about in 9th place. And if this is the only coaster type to get released so help me...

Post December 7th, 2014, 3:08 am

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
Why does it seem like you're always looking at things from a negative view? NL1 updates have always come at the same time of year, approximately now to new years. Even if those were done a while ago, there's quite a few things that they could be planning to release in the same update. I said it from the beginning and it still makes sense for them to release major NL2 updates, which wingriders falls under, the same time frame as NL1
What are these for?

Post December 7th, 2014, 4:42 am

Points on hand: 5,716.00 Points
Bank: 2,500.00 Points
I feel wingriders are WAY over-rated. I think they are cool and all, just a bit too much hype.
Also LuckyK, even though people have made their own, a real NL2 version I guarantee will look 10x better and you will be able to ride it like normal. besides using custom trains is a pain in the butt. So you think Morgan trains will be in the update? if so I will mess my panties.
Plantoris

Post December 7th, 2014, 7:27 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

The modded wingriders people have made aren't.......up to par. We'll call it that. I'd much rather have a real one made by the dev team that is easy to use than deal with modding crap.

Post December 7th, 2014, 7:56 am

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points
^
That's pretty much how I've decided I feel about custom trains in general, for the most part.

Post December 7th, 2014, 9:40 am

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points

^I completely agree. I'd rather have a quality, reliable wingrider than a difficult to use and sometimes glitchy custom one.
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Post December 7th, 2014, 12:35 pm

Ones with Wooden coaster trains underneath them, once I see the train, I can't unsee it.

Post December 7th, 2014, 6:04 pm

Points on hand: 204.00 Points
Bank: 3,034.00 Points
CKidd wrote:
Why does it seem like you're always looking at things from a negative view? NL1 updates have always come at the same time of year, approximately now to new years. Even if those were done a while ago, there's quite a few things that they could be planning to release in the same update. I said it from the beginning and it still makes sense for them to release major NL2 updates, which wingriders falls under, the same time frame as NL1

why are so many blindly enthusiastic for anything the industry puts out, yet so critical of each other...

The engine for NL2 is super impressive, and way more advanced in ways that most can't really use to warrant such a hike in price and debut with so few new tracks, which given the time frame it took to release the game should have been the easiest part to have covered.

I don't get excited for way less than I should be getting haha. Maybe it's my background in the entertainment industry or my dislike of feeling that my money as a consumer isn't valued as I feel it should be, but sorry I don't jump for every tease or gimmick XD

Wing coasters were intentionally left out. They only train in the whole product line... It's not like there are a lack of styles to add in updates or lack of wishlists for years to know what people wanted added. I don't feel the design team really listened to the community, and I feel its because they know that they don't have to care to make a ton of sales since everyone will fall over whatever scraps they hand out. It was too long a wait and too high a cost to have such little added base content. That's how I feel.

And others have said the same before and after I did.

The other thing is this isn't a GP forum. Just like for Olympic skaters, I don't pass out gold medals for just showing up, professionals should be held to a higher standard and accountable for the interactions with the customer base. The dev team doesn't even give real info half the time to the updates they do have, let alone have an actual process for feedback. I feel that they are still catching up to other programs that came out ten years ago, which still have more styles (SM).

but thats just me

Post December 7th, 2014, 6:12 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
^+1

That was how I felt especially since the professional version was $100 and the game itself had basically revamped everything of nl1. Wingriders were probably the thing people were begging for and they could have easily been added in a month or so, but 1 year really? I waited 1 year for a train that people have been modding since the game came out. I am not saying that I hate the game as believe me I love every aspect of it, but I feel as if the dev team should be more active in it and really work to make it better instead of waiting an entire year to make a train that people have been begging for since before the game was released.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post December 7th, 2014, 6:17 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

I can say with confidence that they were not simply "left out". They weren't intended to be included and really was only added because the first thing people did with nl2 was make wingriders (yay scripting!). I personally love all of the optimization updated that they put out because it improves my experience in the program and allows for a lot more customization with a lot less lag. NL will always be a work in progress and I'm sure everyone can agree on that. As for comparisons to sm NL has always been more realistic in the forces, gravity, and overall feel. Sure they may be catching up with styles but they far surpass most other sim in many other categories.

One reason that people seem to forget is that NL is not at all their full time jobs, its more of a side project where they are all currently dealing with life, full time jobs, and assortments of other things where as the modders making the custom trains don't have such responsibilities.

My 2 cents for you all to fight over :)
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Next

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2