Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 NL2 Issues/Wants/Bug Reporting For Future Updates

NL2 Issues/Wants/Bug Reporting For Future Updates

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Points on hand: 1,594.00 Points
Put Want: Enter what you want for future updates

Put Issue: Give spec of video card, processor, and ram so the developer can identify the problem.

Bugs Found: Enter Bug found and give description of issue so it can be resolved.

This section is not to complain but to get stuff fixed in future updates.
Last edited by RaginFyre on January 27th, 2014, 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post January 12th, 2014, 11:10 am

Points on hand: 143.00 Points
Bank: 3,000.00 Points
Minor Want: Adjustable swing damping on the suspended train.
RIP
Log Jammer, SFMM
1971-2011
Originally posted by richie5126
T: all newtons on this site are smooth so this must be high.

Post January 12th, 2014, 11:46 am

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
^Yes this is my biggest want. Currently the banking of the track affects the swing far to much and makes it unrealistic, if I leave the track unbanked it has perfectly realistic swinging.

The only other issue I have really is the lighting and lack of ambient occlusion.

Post January 12th, 2014, 12:30 pm

Points on hand: 1,411.00 Points

Small want- Be able to change the color of the coaster/trains while in "Freeze" mode

Post January 12th, 2014, 12:52 pm

Points on hand: 1,594.00 Points
Want: Be able to use the Left Mouse Button to navigate around like in No Limits 1.

Post January 12th, 2014, 1:21 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Post January 12th, 2014, 1:51 pm

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
Being able to find the track that I have downloaded. I went into folder options and checked show hidden folders and still cannot find the three tracks that I have downloaded.

Post January 12th, 2014, 1:58 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,798.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Yes, my want is also the NL1 style navigation, in both the editor and the sim.

I also have a second "want". I wish you could just put straight sections of track. For example, just place the first node of the section and the second node, wherever you want - then there's a straight section of track between them that isn't affected by the movement of a node 4 bloody nodes away along the track, and just remains straight.

As good as the new method of building is for the track itself, it is a real chore to make straight sections that just stay straight. You seem to have to put about 3 nodes at each end of a straight section, lock this one, strict that one lock the next, etc. It just seems a bit of a farce for what should be the simplest thing in the entire editor. I just want a straight section! [lol]

Post January 12th, 2014, 4:44 pm

Points on hand: 3,960.00 Points

Want:
* The Scripting has a GUI.
* Lift "Drop sections" can have a timer, instead of just stop and drop) [Yes i know i could accomplish the same with with a break segment]
* Transfer tracks have the option work like forks and merges and can move on their own accord to the next free block
Rarwh

Post January 12th, 2014, 5:48 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Originally posted by gouldy

As good as the new method of building is for the track itself, it is a real chore to make straight sections that just stay straight. You seem to have to put about 3 nodes at each end of a straight section, lock this one, strict that one lock the next, etc. It just seems a bit of a farce for what should be the simplest thing in the entire editor. I just want a straight section! [lol]
After complaining myself about this and playing around with it a bit, I finally got straightening down. It's not as hard as I once thought and only requires that you have the part you want straight in between 2 nodes. Seems simple enough after tinkering haha
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post January 12th, 2014, 6:25 pm
Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
Originally posted by Turbo

After complaining myself about this and playing around with it a bit, I finally got straightening down. It's not as hard as I once thought and only requires that you have the part you want straight in between 2 nodes. Seems simple enough after tinkering haha

ive had good results locking the end vertices of my straight section, then when i add a vertex, i add it in line with the straight section, maintaining it, and only after this do i add the next vertex where i want....been working wonders for me....
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Post January 12th, 2014, 6:27 pm

I want TOGO Standup and sitdown!

How about a TOGO standup 4th dimension coaster?

Post January 12th, 2014, 6:38 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

If I import an element the fudging vertices should stay the same.

Post January 12th, 2014, 6:41 pm
Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
^if you're importing from NL1 or a program designed for NL1 such as newton, because the building system is different, the vertices and such need to be changed to maintain the correct shaping you had
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Post January 12th, 2014, 6:51 pm

Points on hand: 2,092.00 Points
Bank: 10.00 Points

I wish there was a way to operate dual stations with keyboard commands. Or have a toggle keyboard button which alternates between which station you are controlling manually.

EDIT: Just been having a play around and it appears you operate whichever station you are stood closest to. Would still be nice to have a button which alternates it though.

I would also like the camera to stop moving immediately in fly view like in NL1, rather than continuing to slide like in NL2 - can't stop where I want the camera =(

Post January 12th, 2014, 6:55 pm

You can just walk around with the walk mode and walk on the tracks and catwalks. I like to walk on my jetcoasters and their stations.

Post January 12th, 2014, 7:20 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

If I set the spine to have a stripe, where do I select the color of the stripe?

Post January 12th, 2014, 7:27 pm

Points on hand: 2,092.00 Points
Bank: 10.00 Points

Want: Ability to 'close' off one of the stations on dual-station coaster e.g. Tatsu. Say I want to go from 3 train, 2 station operation; down to 2 train, 1 station operation. At the moment the computer will continue to change the switch so that the train behind will enter the empty second station, whereas I want it to wait on the brake run until the only 'operational' station is free. As per real life on quieter days.

Post January 12th, 2014, 9:10 pm

Points on hand: 204.00 Points
Bank: 3,034.00 Points
Wants: easier lighting placement and programming. In editor scenery building (similar to Second Life if anyone is familiar). Suspended coaster controls.

I want... the ability to control or schedule a program to toggle spinning coaster chassis release switches. I want to be able to design a coaster that has a percentage-based chance on the toggle track of releasing the cars to spin.

Indoor coaster building. Like automatic shadings, and lightings and such for indoor coasters as an environment

DAS LIST!!!!

Can't believe after 11 years, none of these have made it in XD

Intamin

Fly Rider
Bobsled
Supersplash (divertical)
ZacSpin
Spiral Coaster
Giant Flume (Jurassic Park & Perilous Plunge)
Blitz coaster

Arrow

Log Flume
Hyper
Pipeline
modern Looper
Mad Mouse
suspended inverted

B&M

Original Dive coaster
Wing Coaster
2 seat hyper (Steel Dragon 2000)

Pinfari
Zyklon
inverted
Big Apple

Zamperla
Galaxy
Motocoaster
Volare
Wild Mouse (Zigzag not spinning)

Vekoma

Suspended
Modern Looper
late 90's looper
Big Air
GIB
LSM (with the heavy duty launch gear on the catwalk)
Enigma
Family Inverted
Tilt Coaster

S&S

Thrust Air 2000 - Hyperonic XLC (I miss you ;_;)/Dodanpa trains
El Loco (tandard/Green Lantern)
Modern Air Launch (Bullet)
Free-Fly

Mack

e-motion
Supersplash
Suspended Power Coaster
Bobsled
Wild Mouse

Reverchon
Wild Mouse

That's all I can think of since I lost my full list >_< I was hoping so hard for water coasters and the like after seeing the splash interactions

Post January 13th, 2014, 12:37 am

Points on hand: 374.00 Points
Originally posted by Metazoanhaddock

Originally posted by Turbo

ive had good results locking the end vertices of my straight section, then when i add a vertex, i add it in line with the straight section, maintaining it, and only after this do i add the next vertex where i want....been working wonders for me....

Is the "Make Straight" feature not what you guys are looking for? Select at least 3 sequential vertices and you get 2 Make Straight buttons. One makes the track a straight line between the two outer vertices, the other only straightens in 2D and is useful for getting a straight section without flattening hills, or getting a level track without messing up turns depending on what view you are in. Go to Top view select at least 3 vertices and hit the 2D button. Perfectly straight track in a matter of seconds.

Post January 13th, 2014, 3:08 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,798.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Once you make it straight, though, if you move other vertices further along the track it can affect the "straight" section and make it very not straight again [lol]

Post January 13th, 2014, 3:12 am

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
I kinda would like 6 and 8 seat dive machines (if they aren't already an option).
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post January 13th, 2014, 6:37 am

Points on hand: 92.00 Points
Want: keycommand for switching to manual dispatch within automatic mode

Post January 13th, 2014, 7:30 am

Points on hand: 671.00 Points
Want: to be able to move the various little windows outside the parent, onto my other screen, leaving main screen clutter free whilst still being able to tweak.

Post January 13th, 2014, 7:55 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Originally posted by LuckyK
DAS LIST!!!!

Can't believe after 11 years, none of these have made it in XD

Intamin

Fly Rider
Bobsled

lots of random coaster types

Wild Mouse

Reverchon
Wild Mouse

The game has be redesigned from the ground up hence not having time to model every coaster under the sun - which takes more time than you'd realise.

New coaster designs are generally driven by when a company wants to model their ride using the software so those styles are prioritised for development (Eurofighter, Booster Bike)

As they are a small development team you'd probably be better off hoping for a more specific list of coaster styles.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Next

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2