Board index Public Relations Contests October Quarterly Contest 2015- Results Posted

October Quarterly Contest 2015- Results Posted

Only official CoasterCrazy.com Contests are posted here.

Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
lol, there WILL be an NLT this year, the same way there's been one every year.

It's the site's biggest yearly event that draws more users out of the cracks than anything else. there's no way we'd miss out on hosting it.
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Blase Rhine User avatar

Points on hand: 30,499.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Well then yay round 2! :lol:
Sometimes I dream of unicorns and oreos

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
This contest's now over, so will you close this thread or keep it for feedback?
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Points on hand: 2,126.00 Points
Bank: 1,000.00 Points
I think this is where they will post the scores and tracks so it will be kept. :)

Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 32.00 Points
Bank: 4,860.00 Points
There will be scores on each individual track, plus the results and paper write ups for each track will end up here by one of the three of us, so be watching here and on each track as both will have results, and possibly different results (worse case).

~titanrocks01

Blase Rhine User avatar

As Titanrocks said, each track will be judged and listed in order once we complete the judging. Each day a few tracks will be posted leading up to the top 3 tracks.

We are hoping to get the first write ups out by the end of the week/weekend!

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Can't wait for the results. I'll definitely be joining nlt this year, joined the sight during the second round last time.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

It depends on my schedule by then and how many classes I am taking at the moment

Points on hand: 2,913.00 Points
Sounds awesome! I cant wait to see the results! :D

How much time do you get for each round of the NLT? I haven't dared try one since I joined!

about 2 weeks to a month per round with downtime between rounds for judging
Head Moderator
Chatroom Admin

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Yeah looking forward to it to be honest - Blase and the guys have done a great job with the template and rules for this contest so I think we could have some great templates!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Blase Rhine User avatar

Well all but 3 submissions have been judged so far! We are currently judging the final three before we come back together and give each coaster an official score and write up. We will be releasing the coasters every few days starting with 9th place all the way to the top 3. Good luck!

Points on hand: 3,032.00 Points

When will the first set of results be released?
An Alton Towers Fan Boy
Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbHmndz2yjt_x0v6hSiouAQ

We're planning on releasing the first set on monday
Head Moderator
Chatroom Admin

^Time to start the hype train.

Blase Rhine User avatar

Well judging is now concluded! We know the results and cant wait to share them with you. Tomorrow at Midnight(site time) the first 3 tracks will be shown. 9th place, 8th place, and 7th place.

Good Luck!

Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

May the odds be never in your favor
Anyways, it has been a long road to here, but there might be some surprises as to who the favorite is. Let the hype train begin as the results get posted slowly, but surely there must be an end to all great things. Enough said about that, now to get to work on the next part for the three of us. Best of luck to all 9 contestants in the contest.

~titanrocks01

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^^ Finally! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Points on hand: 2,913.00 Points

Cool.(Tries to figure out when that is my time)

Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Blase Rhine User avatar

Well, looks like you all are very lucky! Judging has actually ended sooner than we expected! Right now we are getting everything ready for the first announcement of 9th-7th place along with the overall scores of the ride.

*Please note that this is a contest that you have decided to enter. Please do not be a sore loser. We have given extremely thorough feedback on each ride so that you may know why we gave the score that we did. We were harsh and very very nitpicky on each submission. With that being said the first announcement will be posted soon!

-October Quarterly Judges

Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

In 9th place and to start off the results is

New Mexico Cobra

Rating:

New Mexico Cobra- 3.25

Here are some tidbits as to the place you received:

titanrocks01:
When looking at your submission, there were several pumps in your track as well as awkward banking situations that brought your score down. There were also countless issues in which your coaster failed the clearance test, which affected your score the most. While the elements were decent, they could have been better shaped and balanced out throughout the ride as a whole.

Meta:
Though you made the effort to make custom supports (which was appreciated and raised your score a bit), your execution was rather lacking. Many of your support members were too long for their relative thickness, while other structures felt too clustered and unnecessarily supported. Your cages honestly detracted more from your supports than they added; try making them more square and have additional members reach out to connect to the track rather than wrapping the entire structure around the track. Finally, many of the makeshift structures you made for the stilted section of the ride were rather unsupported. You would have been better off using auto supports, deleting the lower section of those supports, and then creating lateral bracing and connect the structure to the stilts. In short, your supports ran the length of the coaster, but I was left questioning the stability of the structure in some places, while questioning the use of excessive supports in others.

Blase:
While many of your elements were near flawless, your track execution could have been done with much more attention to detail. There were many roll pump issues and several node pumps as well. While your coaster sped through the track we all found that it went almost to fast in several areas. Your g forces were all in check. Overall your originality, which is what the contest focused on most, lacked in general. This was not a bad submission at all and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. However there were some things you could've done to up your score.
Last edited by Mr. Freeze on November 16th, 2015, 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

In 8th place with a score of 3.84 is....

Rattler Reborn by Changa

Here's some advice and feedback!

Blase Rhine:

Overall this track was amazing quality and each judge enjoyed it very much. We loved the uniqueness of the
vertical drop and the layout was pretty superb. The issue that ended up having to drop my score very low was
the fact that you actually went out of bounds in the template with the frozen track. Therefore on my end I was
unable to accept this track to be judged by me. Overall your g forces were in check and I really liked this track.
Just that one small issue cost you a higher rating.

Metazoanhaddock:

Honestly, you did relatively well here, but you definitely could've done better. While your cages weren't bad,
you left parts of them as wooden supports for some reason, so I had to mark you down for that. Additionally, your
lateral supporting could've been executed much better rather than just adding a few beams to auto-supported nodes.
Your use of the stilt supports, or relative lack thereof was rather dissapointing. Finally, many of the later
sections of track had little to no lateral bracing, when you could've at least auto-supported some. Overall, you
had a lot of potential here but your execution was rather lacking.

titanrocks01:

Rattler Reborn:
As for the operations and safety side of it, there were multiple counts of the track being pumpy, as well as
failing the clearance tests. There were multiple instances where there needed to be more variety to the ride and
surrounding areas to the ride. I liked the fact that you decided to use different color rails for the ride, as
that was a nice touch. My advice to you is before you upload a track or park for a contest, make sure that all
aspects of the ride(s) pass all of the clearance and e-stop tests, as this can and will impact your score
tremendously.
Head Moderator
Chatroom Admin

Blase Rhine User avatar

In 7th place with a score of 4.25 is....

Rouge Rattler by coasterdude2001

Here is your feedback from your submission!

Meta:

This ride was undersupported. There was little to no lateral supporting throughout the entire ride. Your cages
were all over the place in terms of support placement, and many of them were vastly undersupported. Your use of
the stilts and the supports over those stilts was honestly unacceptable, as the structures wouldn't hold up the
ride. Finally, your support structures above other pieces of track were all over the place as you decided to just
connect pre-made support nodes; you would've been better off making new members and structures entirely. Overall,
I felt that you could've done a whole lot more with the supporting of your ride and your score suffered because
of this.

BlaseRhine:

Well first off I doubt you meant for this coasters name to be Rogue... Which is a red cosmetic for women to use,
but instead to name it Rogue Rattler. Uniqueness, you got extremely high points form me. The sideways loop and
your unique combination of elements was fantastic. Apart from the minor track pumps and awkward roll issues there
was an even bigger issue... You went out of bounds in several spots and majorly in one area. Therefore this
submission was unable to be judged by me. However if you would have stuck to the template your score would've
been much higher.

Titanrocks01:

When you decide to do a custom station, make sure that you leave enough room for the train to go through, both
entering and exiting the station. Even though you failed the clearance test at the first moment of leaving the
station, you also failed going down the drop, which is a very abnormal place to fail. I did like the inclined
loop element, as well as the different color rails used on the ride, also where you put the storage at was very
clever. When you want to get a unique element for a certain ride, make sure you check the shaping of it,
especially in the back car as it is the car that likes to whip you around.

PreviousNext

Return to Contests