Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Stinger At Dorney Park Status 2014

Stinger At Dorney Park Status 2014

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post July 23rd, 2014, 12:54 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
StingerLogo.jpg
Photo Credit to newsplusnotes.blogspot.com

As most Dorney Park fans are well aware of, Stinger has been closed at Dorney Park since the opening day of the park back on May 2nd. The train was going up the first lift hill and suddenly came to an immediate halt. Maintenance arrived and was able to get the train down safely, but 2 riders requested to go the Hospital as a safety precaution, not as a suggestion by Dorney Park. The ride was shut down for the rest of the night and has been closed ever since. Shortly after the incident, the train was spotted removed from the track and no where to be found. Later on, reports came in saying that significant damage had been done to the ride and that the closure of the ride would be very extensive.

And finally, around July 21st, the Stinger train was spotted back on the tracks and sitting in the station. There has still been no word or announcement yet on when it will be open again, but many are hopeful that it will begin testing again soon and reopen to the public.

So what do you think? Will you ride Stinger again after this long period of downtime? Or are you too afraid that it is too unsafe of a ride?

Post July 23rd, 2014, 2:00 pm
rcmaniac25 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,270.00 Points

I rode it a few months ago. I didn't think any of it then... not sure what would change that now. Would I want to be stuck? No, but I also don't expect the train to come off the track or out of the restraint as some people seem to think can happen.

Post July 23rd, 2014, 2:02 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
When a few months ago did you ride it? It was only open for half a day on opening day and then it was closed ever since. I'd have to assume you were there on opening day.

Post July 23rd, 2014, 3:41 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I wont ride it, but thats because I never really planned on it anyway, its one of those rides where one time is enough, even Possesed I only ride once in a season
What are these for?

Post July 24th, 2014, 10:17 am

Points on hand: 204.00 Points
Bank: 3,034.00 Points
Coasters go down all the time. when they are up I ride them.

It's funny how much public fear and hype goes into ride downtime, compared to people carelessly tossing their lives into much more fatal machines everyday without a thought. I have a (ANNOYING) friend that will not ride a ride if it has been down in two days and will bark loudly about safety to anyone who does. When do you think she last checked if the 30 story 60+ year old elevator was serviced? It's okay that it doesn't even line up with the floor any more or you can see through cracks in walls to the shaft... At least it's not a death trap waiting to happen like a roller coaster

Post July 24th, 2014, 12:19 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
It's not Intamin, so chances are it won't kill me. I'd ride it.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post July 25th, 2014, 6:21 pm
rcmaniac25 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,270.00 Points

Heh... "few months ago" I say... More like Aug 10, 2013...

Post July 26th, 2014, 6:35 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
Word is the earliest time it will be open again is August. Dont hold out hope though.

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!