Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Kentucky Kingdom 2016 - Storm Chaser

Kentucky Kingdom 2016 - Storm Chaser

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

^Wow, you're really on point with the news!

It looks like we were right, and I'm surprised that they wont put a spin on the original name like the other RMC's but rather giving it a completely new name. Looks like they could afford the $15 million price tag.
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Points on hand: 4,033.00 Points
The layout looks awesome.

It's like Medusa meets Outlaw Run
Last edited by Manic Monte on July 20th, 2015, 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intamin: The Force Awakens.

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
VF15 wrote:
Here's the layout video.

Looks like it's fanmade and put together in windows movie maker :lol:
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
The layout looks nice but to be perfectly honest I feel as if they should have waited until they had enough money to do both sides. It would be a great opportunity for a dueling coaster.

I'm just disappointed that it didn't turn into something like SkyArrow's Twisted Tyrants.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 4,033.00 Points
I knew they weren't going to keep both sides. The ride is $15 mill as it is. I'm not sure this park will ever spend much more than that.

The RMCs are going up in price post Six Flags, just as we've heard...
Intamin: The Force Awakens.

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Hmmm.. It's still a great a ride. It is a remarkable addition for the park with some solid elements, a cool name, and keeping with an almost park-wide theme on their coasters. It's gonna be really fun, but I'm just gonna say that right now like 10% of me was hoping for even more.

P.S. god the element names these days lol srs. Off Axis Air Hill.
Trick Track Double Up Triple Bitch Axis Ass
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points

Looks like it's my turn to do the news!

KENTUCKY KINGDOM ANNOUNCES ITS MOST EXCITING COASTER YET! STORM CHASER TO DEBUT IN 2016

Louisville, Kentucky, July 20, 2015: Kentucky Kingdom announces the upcoming addition of Storm Chaser, its fifth roller coaster and second new coaster since the theme park reopened 14 months ago.

Kentucky Kingdom is recognized within the amusement industry for its diverse mix of thrilling coasters, which include Thunder Run, the classic wooden coaster ranked among the top ???woodies??? in the world; T3, its newly revamped and reopened suspended looping coaster; Lightning Run, a one-of-a-kind hyper coaster introduced in 2014 and rated among the top 25 steel coasters in the world by Amusement Today; and the Roller Skater, a whimsically themed family coaster and a favorite with all ages.

With the objective of offering its guests something truly unique, the park commissioned Rocky Mountain Construction to design and build its fifth and newest coaster. According to John Mulcahy, the park???s Director of Marketing and Communication, ???Rocky Mountain Construction (RMC) is on the leading edge of coaster design and engineering, admired by both coaster enthusiasts and industry professionals.???

Mulcahy went on to say, ???What makes Storm Chaser so special is that it will have RMC???s unique and patented iBox track, which will rest on wood, creating the ???feel??? of a wooden coaster, but will be supported by a steel superstructure. This yields a ride that???s smooth as glass, yet also very fast and intense. The iBox track also allows for the addition of exciting elements not normally associated with traditional wooden coasters.???

Some might refer to Storm Chaser as a hybrid coaster, but it???s actually an entirely new category of coaster. There are only five other parks in the world to have a coaster with the revolutionary iBox track and they are the marquee attractions at some of the largest parks in the world, including Six Flags Magic Mountain (Valencia, California), Six Flags Fiesta Texas (San Antonio, Texas), and Six Flags New England (Agawam, Massachusetts).

???These other iBox coasters have gotten rave reviews and we???re very proud to be joining their ranks,??? remarked Mulcahy. Storm Chaser will give our guests a coaster experience like no other in the region.???

Mulcahy continued, ???Storm Chaser, standing 100 feet tall at its highest point, will be the first coaster in America to feature a barrel roll drop from a 10-story lift hill, not to mention a near-perpendicular 78-degree angle of descent. But that???s just the beginning. That first roll is followed by a stall dive, a tip-out corner, airtime hills, a twisted airtime drop, and even a corkscrew, features that simply can???t be offered on traditional wooden coasters.???

Mulcahy confirmed that Storm Chaser will replace the coaster formerly known as Twisted Twins. Work on this project has already begun and Storm Chaser will be ready for its first riders when the park opens in the spring of 2016.

Ed Hart, President and CEO of Kentucky Kingdom, noted, ???Since we???re all about creating exceptional thrills at Kentucky Kingdom, Storm Chaser fits the bill. Storm Chaser would normally cost as much as $15 million all-in, but we???re saving money by using some of the existing superstructure from Twisted Twins. However, because of the new configuration, taller lift hill, and many other innovative features, we are essentially redesigning and building a new coaster.??? Hart went on to ask, ???When???s the last time you dropped ten stories while doing a barrel roll????

Fred Grubb, co-founder and ???chief innovator??? of RMC, added, ???We are thrilled to have been selected for this project and to help introduce our special brand of coaster design to Kentucky. Storm Chaser will be one of the most exciting coasters we???ve ever built!???

The American Coaster Enthusiasts (ACE) appears to agree. With anticipation for Storm Chaser building, ACE has selected Kentucky Kingdom to be among the four major regional theme parks to host its national convention next July.

Kentucky Kingdom and Hurricane Bay is open daily through August 11th, the weekend of August 15th and 16th. Kentucky Kingdom (only) operates as part of the Kentucky State Fair August 20 through 30 (see website for alternate operating hour and ticketing). Kentucky Kingdom and Hurricane Bay then reopen for Labor Day weekend and select weekends during the month of September (check park schedule via kentuckykingdom.com).

It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

I got a feeling this is not there only attraction for 2016

Paradox User avatar

I think it is lol. I doubt they can afford more than this.
Last edited by Paradox on July 20th, 2015, 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
They're an absolutely tiny park, maybe if any rides are still SBNO they'll be coming back but I can't see much else.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Paradox User avatar

They should have just gotten rid of T3 and put something better in its place.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points
I found out about this whilst standing in line for Thunderbird. I was so excited.

I will say, I was hoping for more. Seeing as I'm finally happy there's going to be a hybrid within a reasonable distance from me. I'm stoked! That drop doe. YES.
Diamondback is Diamonbae.

slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
Looks fun, but that layout looks awful.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Paradox User avatar

Sky Arrow uploaded a vid of his "recreation"
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
What a weak prelift- RMC are losing their touch /sarcasm
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Well from the official park preview vid the ride looks interesting. The 140 degree stall seems kind of stupid, but RMC will probably shape it much differently.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^^ Yeah, I find creating one solid track in like a few days, is awesome. :shock: + 8-)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Paradox User avatar

mkingy wrote:

I wish Wicked Cyclone had a jojo roll out of the station but due to the transfer being right out of the station it sadly could not happen.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Paradox wrote:
mkingy wrote:

I wish Wicked Cyclone had a ["Cedar Fair forced us to put this here and we absolutely hate it" - B&M] out of the station but due to the transfer being right out of the station it sadly could not happen.

Fixed that for ya'
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I completely forgot this was a thing. Are they dismantling the other side, or just leaving it be.
What are these for?

Post September 23rd, 2015, 10:17 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Hopefully that this will be built! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!