Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 Lighting (Bizarro), Release and Post Mortem

Lighting (Bizarro), Release and Post Mortem

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Points on hand: 4,563.00 Points

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ I think that's a fantastic suggestion! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post January 31st, 2017, 8:22 am

Points on hand: 4,118.00 Points

After a lot of consideration, I am going to cancel the project due to a multitude of reasons

This coaster started out as a bit of a joke, made for a ludicrous competition run by Omega(BetaCoasters) and DerMuffinMaker way back in 2015. The ride had to be over 500ft tall, have an inversion and have a ride time over 2 mins. I wanted to make a coaster that had a mix of old gen and new gen intamin elements, as well as some minor callbacks to some older intamin coasters (for example, the turnaround after the first hill is supported like Millennium Force). After completing the ride (and removing the forced in inversion after the FBR for the contest) , I decided I wanted to make this my new "big project" since Scourge had been released by then. The original "lightning" theme was fairly basic in concept, and was pretty much just about racing in the desert while a storm was going on. After trying to work out what else I should do for the theme, I then moved the theme to be more Space orientated, with a full preshow room and plaza. Main reason this inevitably fell through was the fact I couldn't model. I tried making the main building for the ride, but it ended up being over-scaled and too tacky. As R100 approached I wanted to enter the ride badly, and made an on the spot choice to switch the theme AGAIN to Mad Max, thinking it would require a lot less work. Needless to say, it really wouldn't have. The project then was doormant for a fairly long time, then I decided to breathe some life into it and do a theme like Bizarro at SFNE for the ride, as some sort of callback to the theme (since it was being changed back into superman that year). Thats when this project thread was initially created, and as time went on the area expanded to be an entire Six Flags DC area. After experimenting with multiple different things, I again came the the conclusion that it was just too ambitious, because in my head I wanted the area to be as close to realistic as possible. The project temporarily dropped the DC theme after Suicide Squad decided to ruin my liking for DC stuff as a whole, and ended up devolving back to what it is now.

Its basically become its own meme in the community because of the many rethemes it went through, and at the end of the day the coaster itself isn't too special. It was made for a contest with some ludicrous requirements, and if designed with no constraints it would probably be a lot shorter, and focus on a single style of intamin layout, rather than jumping between Kingda Ka, Millennium Force, I305, Maverick, Rita and Taron style elements

BUT ALL IS NOT LOST

After some major culling, I have got the ride to a slightly releaseable state, with a more generic setup instead of an elaborate theme like planned

To make up for the fact the project basically flopped and didnt deliver what I promised, I am leaving the ride un-passworded, so if anyone feels like customising the ride to their own preference, they can. I have added recolourable Materials to stuff like the launch fins and cable track, Maintenance lift doors on the tower and the Winchhouse Building. I hope some people can still enjoy the coaster despite its setbacks, and I will try not to be so overambitious with projects anymore

Downloads:

CC: http://www.coastercrazy.com/exchange/detail.php?track_id=21736
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=854039665

TL:DR Project is a failure, Releasing as generic theme with no password to make up for it
Now usually there would be a banner image here, but i cant add one. have some random text instead

Previous

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2