Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Kilauea- Project Polynesian {VIDEO OUT NOW}

Kilauea- Project Polynesian {VIDEO OUT NOW}

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post January 6th, 2016, 11:52 am
herman116 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,471.00 Points

Post January 6th, 2016, 8:57 pm

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Yeah, we do want such beautiful + sophiscated tourist spots! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post January 20th, 2016, 9:38 pm
Blase Rhine User avatar

Points on hand: 30,499.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Still working on the big update... Mainly just trying to get everything to look clean and crisp.

Besides that, Dustin has allowed me to use his Poseidon's Fury creation for this park and it fits perfectly! I have added some slight details to the queue and track as well but that will be shown in the bigger update.
Dapalm has also agreed to contribute to the project (more on this in the bigger update as to the direction of the park and as to why Dapalm's coaster is in this park). Of course his creation will be getting a new theme and name. Stay tuned on that!

Stay tuned for more updates!
Sometimes I dream of unicorns and oreos

Post January 20th, 2016, 10:45 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
pls don't do all white for the Intamin. It looks ugly as hell in a park full of color.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post January 21st, 2016, 12:38 am
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Paradox wrote:
... all white ... looks ugly

ftfy
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post January 21st, 2016, 4:40 am

Wow things are changing! Just like NL2 allows the king of NL1 coaster "Gaia" to have a decent theme park with other additional (up to the creator's preference) tracks. (NL1 lets users have only one coaster.) Thanks for the cutting-edge technologies!

8-)

Post January 21st, 2016, 7:38 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points

Blase Rhine User avatar

Yes... I am still working on this. I hit a small roadblock with performance but I worked it all out :) It runs as smooth as butter now!

Enjoy this little sneak peak for now... I will update the thread hopefully tonight with more pictures as well as the story behind the ride!

Stay tuned!

Post March 3rd, 2016, 5:20 pm
Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 32.00 Points
Bank: 4,860.00 Points

Post March 3rd, 2016, 8:46 pm
KG9

Points on hand: 1,580.00 Points
I just went through this whole thread and let me say that this looks sososososososo good. Very excited for it!

Post March 6th, 2016, 10:26 am

Blase, just keep it up! :)

Post March 6th, 2016, 10:37 am

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,033.00 Points
Mr. Freeze wrote:
Doesn't have a top snek
0/10

what on earth are you talking about?

Post March 6th, 2016, 6:56 pm
Blase Rhine User avatar

skyscraper wrote:
Mr. Freeze wrote:
Doesn't have a top snek
0/10

you and I both... lol

Alright so I am still working up a backstory that makes sense but for now here is another picture of progress. Original entrance model was made by someone else (credited) and I took it, changed textures, added bump maps, and improved the overall model to my liking and to fit with the theme. Also... I decided to take out everything else and focus on this one coaster and the overall experience. It has been a huge WIP but I am beginning to see the direction I want to go with this. Enjoy!

As always, stay tuned for more!

Post March 7th, 2016, 9:57 am

^ I think that Mr. Freeze wants to see the snake decoration like what we've seen in RCT3 (Snake Helter Skelter) to fit in with your tropical themes.

:)

Post March 7th, 2016, 11:09 am

Post March 7th, 2016, 3:10 pm
Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 32.00 Points
Bank: 4,860.00 Points
Blase Rhine wrote:
skyscraper wrote:
Mr. Freeze wrote:
Doesn't have a top snek
0/10

you and I both... lol

It is actually an inside joke between me, toilet, coasterguy246, paradox, olmisery, intim305, and DanSm1l3r

Post March 9th, 2016, 2:20 pm
Blase Rhine User avatar

Well I have another update for you all!

I am still working on the backstory for the ride... Its taking a while but I am finally starting to get somewhere with it!
Onto the update, I have begun work on the surrounding area, named Adventure Isle, as well as queue enhancements as well as texture fixes that have already improved performance by 2-3 FPS.

There is still much work to do!

Stay tuned for more!

Post March 10th, 2016, 3:14 am

Post March 10th, 2016, 2:05 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Your loop connectors might look better if you didn't use the in-game inverted coaster prefab. Otherwise it looks great and we can expect the B&M sitdown to be intense as hell yes?
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post May 9th, 2016, 7:45 pm
Blase Rhine User avatar

Hey guys! Long time no update... well lets change that!

I first want to say thank you all for giving me motivation to finish this project! It is definitely one of my most extensive projects ever! With that being said there is still much to do regarding the overall theme while still obtaining that immersive feel to the experience.

I have also came up with the story line for the ride. Please note that this is made up, characters may or may not be based on actual gods/goddesses of Samoan legend.

Story line:

Many years ago, Dr. Sam O. An, led an expedition to find lost treasure deep into the roots of Kilauea, an active volcano and as legend has it, is the home of the Fire god, Dabka. Legend has it that if disturbed Dabka will release his fiery might on all who has disturbed his eternal sleep. Dr. Sam O. An and his team of explorers journeyed deep into the base of the volcano unaware of this legend. Upon entering the base of Kilauea Dr. Sam and his team began excavating the volcano with a special vehicle called the, Terravator, and began digging through the volcano looking for the lost treasure. While digging, Dr. Sam O. An and his team disturbed Dabka. Dabka awoke from his sleep and blasted his fiery might throughout the volcano killing everyone inside. But of course... this is just a legend right?

Now, 20 years later, it is your turn to look for the lost treasure hidden inside Kilauea on this breathtaking adventure. You begin your journey at the base of the volcano touring an ancient museum filled with artifacts before making your way to the Terravator loading stations. Once seated, your Terravator begins its journey through the mountain only to find the statue of Dabka in your path... How will you escape?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have spent quite a few months working on this project and my goal is to make it as immersive as possible while keeping to the story line. The smallest of details have been added to insure my goal.

Onto some pictures:

Stay tuned for more updates!

Post May 9th, 2016, 9:02 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Whole area looks great. It's like you could just plop it into BGT and no one would be the wiser.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post May 10th, 2016, 4:43 am

Post May 14th, 2016, 7:07 pm

B&M always shows the beauty of twists - they even go well with beautiful skies! :D

Post May 14th, 2016, 7:43 pm

Points on hand: 2,091.00 Points

The story-line sounds great! The area also looks really good!

Post July 21st, 2016, 12:34 pm
Blase Rhine User avatar

Hey guys its been some time but First of all I am so excited to hear your feedback! It is definitely an extensive project I am going to have to push the release date back further than I expected. Due to me going to college and just moving houses I haven't had much... or any time at that matter to work on anything Nl2 related and I wont be able to until I am settled in College August 14th. So if you don't hear from me in a while this is what my life is consisting of... moving... a lot. I am sorry to put this project on hold for longer than I expected and I hope you all understand. So with that, See you all when I am settled in College!

-Blase Rhine

PreviousNext

Return to Hard Hat Area