Board index Roller Coaster Games Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 & 3 RCT3 Disneyland California Recreation

RCT3 Disneyland California Recreation

Discuss anything related to the Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 and 3.

Post October 5th, 2014, 12:04 am

Points on hand: 2,652.00 Points
Bank: 2,739.00 Points

A couple months ago I started a project, reviving motivation for myself to use RCT3 again.. Anyone on here who knows me, knosw I have a deeply seeded love with "the happiest place on earth." I started a recreation, hoping to only have to build custom buildings and structures with the sets included in the game, but, sadly, I resorted to downloading a lot of CRT's and Custom Scenery, but, that got me motivated to get the tools to create my own as well. I have not started any custom structures yet, but, i am currently working on a Matterhorn CRT (pre refurb toboggan style cars) and I have included Screenies and a snap of the Google sketchup model currently in production. I would greatly appreciate any tips or feedback concerning the park as well as CRT hints and tips. The park will include official music and ambient sounds of Disneyland CA. I may even attempt recreating the Main Street Electrical Parade, man I miss that Parade, IMO Disney's best parade ever. I have the music for that as well. Anyway, I am pretty excited about this project and anyone interested in contributing will get due credit upon its release.

without further Adieu I present, Disneyland CA, Construction Update 1:

disneylandrct31.jpg

disneylandrct32.jpg

disneylandrct33.jpg

disneylandrct34.jpg

disneylandrct35.jpg

And Now: MAtterhorn CRT With Paint Test.

rct3matthrncolortest.jpg

Matterhorn CRT Sketchup View

rct3matthrn.jpg
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Post October 5th, 2014, 12:29 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
You're a brave soul to attempt this. Looks great so far, and the scenery looks fantastic.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post October 5th, 2014, 3:54 pm

Anyone have any links or tips for quick ctr or cs .3ds in sketchup?
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Post October 7th, 2014, 6:34 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Jeez, an RCT3 thread. That's different!
Good luck on this, i'm sure it will turn out great!

Post October 10th, 2014, 3:49 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
FPS problems detected on my computer, perhaps! ;-) This park should be awesome!
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post October 11th, 2014, 7:04 pm

Matterhorn CTR and park construction update....

Matterhorn5.jpg

Matterhorn6.jpg

Matterhornbacksideview.jpg
Matterhornbacksideview.jpg (54.07 KiB) Viewed 4715 times

partnerscastle.jpg

Monorail.jpg

As stated in the original post, a lot of the cs is from other users. Shyguy, Toms monorail, and various others from Rev's huge modpack and various items found in CS Depot. I am very much a noob at custom scenery and crt's for RCT3 but very open to tips and tricks for making and importing them. I have RCT3 importer, sketchup with the RCT3 plugins and blender, but still confused how to add them to the game. Enjoy the pics, next update will probably be in a week or 2, currently working on Its A Small World. Anyone have or know of any way to do a dual loading station for that and or BTMRR? thanks, and enjoy.

Matterornnl21.jpg

Matterhorn car on track, body only, no wheel base/chassis...yet. anyone know how to add this for NL2? I would like to make a recreation as i have not found a good one for nl 1, 2, or any of the RCT series.
Attachments
MatterhornTopview.jpg
MatterhornTopview.jpg (24.47 KiB) Viewed 4715 times

Post October 14th, 2014, 8:12 am
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Wow! Didn't know RCT3 could handle models like this! Nice!

Post December 18th, 2014, 12:51 am

Points on hand: 1,513.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
I have to say that this does look really good and i really hope that you will keep going on this, because i do like it a lot. :)

Post March 28th, 2015, 7:15 pm

In a recent press release Spacemountainfan LLC announced the project is on hiatus.

"Due to a massive contractors strike construction has been halted for a couple months now. Union reps and project investors have been in deliberation for quite some time and an agreement has yet to be reached. It is unknown at the present time if or when construction will resume. The existing land and structures are still in place, however, as this is a major project with millions of dollars and hundreds of contractors invested in this project the state labor board and local governments have issued a cease and desist order to remain in effect until such an agreement can be reached. "

The property in which the project currently resides has been barricaded to deter vandals from destroying anything within a large radius of the land. Because of this current pics are not available. I will report back as soon as any updates regarding this labor strike are available. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and hope to resolve this issue soon.

(the game keeps crashing from glitches found in some of the revcoaster modpack scenery items.)

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Trial and error. Hopefully you'll get back on the project.
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post April 13th, 2015, 8:55 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

^ Agreed. We'll all welcome you back whenever you are ready!

Return to Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 & 3