Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Six Flags Announces 2017 Batman and Superman Season Passes

Six Flags Announces 2017 Batman and Superman Season Passes

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Six Flags has announced new "Batman" and "Superman" season passes at all the Six Flags parks.

The passes have replaced the traditional Gold and regular season passes with the new Gold Batman, Regular Batman, and the Gold Superman, and Regular Superman passes.

The new passes are nearly identical to the old passes, except they come with extra discounts based on the pass you buy. Batman passes get extra discounts on Batman related merchandise in the park, and the same goes for the Superman passes for Superman merchandise.

Additionally, each pass promises an additional bring a friend free ticket, and exclusive ride time events for that specific type of passholder only. It's unclear whether Gold and regular season passes purchased for 2017 before the Batman and Superman passes will be accepted at these exclusive ride time events.

The pricing isn't very different for the Fright Fest sale, as long as you buy passes in the quantities required by each park (usually 2 or 4), the price is still around $70 per pass. However, if you buy less than 2, the price skyrockets upwards. Additionally, the Fright Fest sale is only for Batman season passes. The superman passes have no sale going on right now, and they are much more expensive.

Using Six Flags Magic Mountain's pricing:

The most expensive pass is the Combo Gold Superman pass for 1-3 passes at $249.99 each. This pass is nearly identical for the Combo Gold Batman pass for 1-3 passes at $159.99

The only difference between the two passes is the discounted merchandise you can get based on whichever pass you have and the exclusive ride time events that are exclusive to each type of pass only (or so we think).

So what do you think? Do you like these new passes, are the new benefits worth the price increase for some passes? Would you pay an additional $90 for Superman discounts compared to Batman discounts? Let us know!

Here's 2 screenshots of the pricing for Six Flags Magic Mountain and the FAQ answer on what the difference is between the Batman and Superman Season Passes!

sfmm2017passbatmanscreenshot.png
sfmm2017passsupermanscreenshot.png
sfmm2017batmanvssupermanpass.png

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Well consider me confused.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

XLR8R User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,273.01 Points
Who cares.
Storm Chaser | Intimidator 305 | Lightning Run | Twisted Colossus | Maverick | El Toro | Millennium Force | Xcelerator | El Loco | Magnum XL-200
Coaster Count: 154 - Last Credit: Ragin' Cajun (Six Flags America)

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

People who buy season passes care lol
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

Did Mark Shapiro rejoin as head of the marketing department?

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

probably
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
why
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

as long as my $5.35 a month membership just keeps going I really don't care

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
^ This. I only go once a year, but keeping the membership actually ends up being cheaper than just buying a regular day ticket. That being said, wouldn't it have been ideal to roll this out with the labor day sale when they start selling 2017 passes?
What are these for?

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!