Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area [NL2] Six Flags Great Adventure: A Collaborative Recreation

[NL2] Six Flags Great Adventure: A Collaborative Recreation

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Points on hand: 4,563.00 Points
This will be a complete recreation of Six Flags Great Adventure to which anyone and everyone can contribute. Your contribution can be a coaster, a flat ride, scenery, or really anything you want.

The primary goal is to have accurate recreations of all the current major coasters. That's Kingda Ka, El Toro, Runaway Mine Train, Bizarro, Superman: Ultimate Flight, Green Lantern, Batman: The Ride, and Nitro. Recreations of these coasters should be built in NL2 (not imported from NL1), should have colors and car textures that are as accurate as reasonably possible, should be built using an overlay as a guide (provided in this post), must use heartlining when appropriate, must pass clearance and e-stop/block tests (goes without saying, really) and should have properly functioning storage and transfer tracks, proper block names, and appropriate station music. You're welcome to take minor liberties with your coasters to improve operation/capacity, as long as the ride experience remains as accurate as reasonably possible. If you're doing a coaster, you don't have to do your own scenery or even your own car textures or station music. It's a collaborative project, you can do as much or as little as you want.

The other coasters (Skull Mountain, Dark Knight, Blackbeard, Road Runner Railway) are considered minor. They're either indoors and rely heavily on scenery, or are kiddie coasters that don't have an appropriate coaster type in NL2. Anyone is welcome to tackle any of these, of course.

Past coasters are acceptable as long as they will not conflict with a present coaster or ride. For example, Rolling Thunder might be OK if it can coexist with Zumanjaro's queue, but it will have to come out of anyone wants to put in El Diablo. Chiller would be OK as long as it doesn't conflict with Dark Knight. On the other hand, Scream Machine would definitely conflict with Green Lantern, so it's out.

"Future" coasters are OK as well. Have a great idea for a new coaster in an unused area of the park? Go ahead and build it! Just make sure it doesn't conflict with any current coasters. Keep in mind that if the park actually builds a coaster that conflicts with your "future" one, a recreation of the new coaster will take priority.

The same goes for flat rides. Present ones are top priority, past and future ones can be included as well as long as they don't conflict with anything presently in the park.

The way this will work is that anyone who wants to contribute can make a claim in this thread. This claim can be an existing or past coaster, a flat ride or collection of them, an area of scenery, terrain shaping or painting, an addition to a coaster like car textures, scenery, or station music, an area of land to build a future coaster, or really anything you want. I'll keep this post updated with all the claims, and each person who makes a claim will be provided with a high-resolution overlay from Google Earth Pro of their claimed area. Overlays for all the incomplete major coasters are posted below. Once your claimed project is done, send it to me and I'll integrate it into the main park file (also available for download below).

CURRENT CLAIMS AND STATUS (if anyone already on here wants their ride and claim removed or updated, let me know!)
Kingda Ka (incl. station and queue) - Dusso Janladde - Complete and integrated
Zumanjaro - Projektion - Complete and integrated
Batman: The Ride - TallonD83 - Complete and integrated
Superman: Ultimate Flight - DechLave - Nearly complete
Plaza Del Carnival/ El Toro- mkj3322- Complete, coaster integrated, scenery integration in progress
Various Ride Station/Queue Music- TTD03- Incomplete
Modeling-screamingchicken77- Incomplete
New coaster for 2016- Togo Fan/cool5- Incomplete
Various Park Photos- Brawly- Incomplete/Complete
Bizarro- DechLave - Complete and integrated
Green Lantern - DechLave - Complete and integrated
Nitro - DechLave - Complete and integrated
Dark Knight (coaster only) - Dusso Janladde - Complete and integrated

The master park file: Available on Google Drive and Dropbox. It will be kept up to date in both of these locations. If anyone wants to work on it directly, feel free to do so and send your updated file to me.

Starter kits for major coasters: All include a high-resolution (4800 pixel) overlay from Google Earth Pro that's scaled and rotated properly. Some include more, such as the start of the coaster with the colors, station and transfer/storage tracks set up, or even car textures. You may modify them however you want, even treat them as your own work. You will need to enable the overlay manually in NL2's preferences.

Nitro, Overlay, colors, station music, car textures, transfer/storage, station, pre-lift, lift feeders, lift, almost all footers.

El Toro, Overlay, colors, train logos, station, transfer/storage, holding brake.

Runaway Mine train, Overlay and station music.

Bizarro, Overlay, colors, station, storage/transfer, holding brake.

Superman, Overlay only.

Green Lantern, Overlay only.

And a few pics of current progress:

The full park with the overlay in the editor. The overlay is 4800x4800px and fills the entire NL2 workspace and then some. If you look closely, you can see Kingda Ka and Batman in place and some parking lot and concrete terrain painting done.

Batman, seen from the location of the fountain

Kingda Ka and Zumanjaro from the same spot

Batman, by TallonD83. The location of the sign is accurate.

Kingda Ka, with car textures by TallonD83 and Zumanjaro by Projektion. The station is a placeholder as the final one is incomplete.
Last edited by Dusso Janladde on April 22nd, 2019, 11:58 am, edited 9 times in total.

Points on hand: 5,149.54 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

I'm not able to contribute anything, but I wish you guys luck! :D

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
I'd contribute photos of the park as needed. As most of you know, I am there almost every week so pretty easy to get stuff.
So you could count me contributing that way.

Also, I can do all Station Music scripting stuff.

Edit: I also posted this on NLE to try and get others to participate! Hope this goes well!
http://forum.nolimits-exchange.com/comm ... ionID=4278

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points

Shoot, I was starting El Toro but I only have NL1 unfortunately. I may soon get a new PC though for NL2, so if that ends up happening I'm definitely in.
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
A complete recreation of Six Flags Great Adventure?! Beyond our skills! :o
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Coaster Hero wrote:
Shoot, I was starting El Toro but I only have NL1 unfortunately. I may soon get a new PC though for NL2, so if that ends up happening I'm definitely in.

The Steam Summer Sale is currently going on, last I checked they had NL2 on sale for $39.99!

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 4,689.00 Points
Bank: 1,372.00 Points
If I'm honest, I'd wait till the last day of the summer sale, just to see if it goes up as one of the daily sales.

TallonD83 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 355.00 Points
Bank: 4,476.00 Points
lol240 wrote:
A complete recreation of Six Flags Great Adventure?! Beyond our skills! :o

That is the good thing about skills, they normally increase. ;)

SauronHimself User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 1,641.00 Points

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

SauronHimself wrote:
Dibs on the Johnny Rockets stand.

Seriously? Because I'll put you down for it.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Update: I think I've gotten 2 people to help so far from NLE, mkj3322 and Brawly.
Once I get a confirm from them, I'll let you know what they've contributed.

Edit: NLE user mkj3322 is now onboard!
He is doing El Toro and the entire Plaza Del Carnival, including El Diablo.

So take Rolling Thunder off the list!

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points

@Dusso it's not that I don't have NL2, but my laptop is not powerful enough to run it and my desktop crashed. I'll probably get a new one this summer, and I'll help out with whatever's not finished.
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

TTD03 wrote:
I'd contribute photos of the park as needed. As most of you know, I am there almost every week so pretty easy to get stuff.
So you could count me contributing that way.

Also, I can do all Station Music scripting stuff.

Edit: I also posted this on NLE to try and get others to participate! Hope this goes well!
http://forum.nolimits-exchange.com/comm ... ionID=4278

I've got quite a bit of the station music in place already. Kingda Ka, Batman, Nitro, and RMT are done, even though nothing more of Nitro and RMT is in place yet (in the master file, look for the little orange boxes where their stations should be). I'll probably do the Superman main theme for Superman, and for El Toro I'm thinking Hot Hot Hot by Buster Poindexter unless you have a better idea. For the rest, I have no idea what music to use yet. I also haven't given any thought to queue and park ambient music.

Also, what would be a big help is knowing how many stairs you have to climb to reach each coaster's station, as it helps to set the station heights accurately. I already have this done for Ka, Toro and Nitro, and I have a decent approximation for Bizarro. I have no idea what the rest are yet.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

^ I'm pretty sure I will be heading to the park this weekend, if I do. I'll get Bizarro, RMT, Superman, GL, and Batman (If it is still open). Anything else?

Edit: More contributors added.

Blase Rhine User avatar

Points on hand: 30,499.00 Points

Ill be working on the Superman: Ultimate Flight and the Station for it. I will see if I am able to contribute anymore after that. :)
Sometimes I dream of unicorns and oreos

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points

Blase Rhine wrote:
Ill be working on the Superman: Ultimate Flight and the Station for it. I will see if I am able to contribute anymore after that. :)

TallonD83 has also been working on Superman: Ultimate Flight, as seen here: http://www.coastercrazy.com/forums/any-one-has-other-recreations-of-real-coasters-in-nl2-t34925-25.html#p379235

Maybe you could discuss it with him and compare your work? I'd like to have the best recreation possible, whether that comes from just one of you or a collaborative effort.

Blase Rhine User avatar

Already have! Him and I have been collaborating for a while. I have his track and I am working on it and fixing it up to make it exactly like the real life coaster.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
cool5 wrote:
I can add this coaster.

There may be a slight possibility that you can add "Togo's Viper" and some of your wacky creations if they are working on the "90's SF Great Adventure" building project. This collaborative recreation needs El Toro so no chance to see those old rides. I fully wish to see your new "smoothest" coaster for 2016, instead! :D
Last edited by lol240 on June 19th, 2015, 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Blase Rhine wrote:
Already have! Him and I have been collaborating for a while. I have his track and I am working on it and fixing it up to make it exactly like the real life coaster.

Thanks, I added you to the claim list. Did you or Tallon want to do your station music, or would you like me to handle it?

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

^ Dusso, for Batman, did you get the "water drip" sound effect for the queue? If not, I can get it while I am at the park tomorrow?

Blase Rhine User avatar

Dusso Janladde wrote:
Blase Rhine wrote:

Thanks, I added you to the claim list. Did you or Tallon want to do your station music, or would you like me to handle it?

Uhm if you can handle it that would be great! If you are busy I can do it as well. Either is fine with me!

Edit: Here are some photos...I took Tallons original track and fixed almost every single element, even the stations to get the shaping near perfect and the track length almost exact. I still need to fix the pretzel loop some more to get it perfect but for the sake of the picture it will do.

TTD03 wrote:
^ Dusso, for Batman, did you get the "water drip" sound effect for the queue? If not, I can get it while I am at the park tomorrow?

Absolutely! So far, the only music I've been working on is station music.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

^ Will do. Hopefully it is open! Can't wait for Batman Backwards!

Next

Return to Hard Hat Area