Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Six Flags Great America 2017 - Raging Bull Gets VR Treatment

Six Flags Great America 2017 - Raging Bull Gets VR Treatment

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,552.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

It is now confirmed at Raging Bull at Six Flags Great America will get the Virtual Reality treatment! This addition makes it the first hyper-twister Virtual Reality ride experience in the world. Using Samsung Gear VR powered by Oculus, riders will be transported into a virtual world, seamlessly blending the motion of the ride with intense, immersive visuals.

Riders of the Raging Bull ride will experience:
  • A dramatic 202-foot lift hill with a 65-degree first drop
  • Speeds over 70 miles per hour
  • Tight and intense twists and turns
  • Six ???inclined loops??? ??? steep, high-speed turns banked as much as 50 degrees (or, loops lying horizontally)
  • Towering hills and airtime drops through nearly one mile of track.

Virutal Reality on Raging Bull will appear later this summer.

Six Flags Great America seems to be teasing something to do with Raging Bull. Maybe the trim is finally getting removed from it? Or maybe they finally have a mascot?

Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
if this ends up being VR for Raging Bull, I guess I'll be riding it even less than I already do....
American Eagle Lover

Points on hand: 5,701.00 Points
Considering they are reportedly making an announcement tomorrow, this is probably just VR coming to Raging Bull for the second half of the season. I doubt there's anything to get excited about here.
Coaster Count: 535 (114 wood, 444 steel); Park Count: 110
Top 5 Wood: El Toro, Voyage, Thunderhead, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel: Superman the Ride, Fury 325, Millennium Force, X2, Intimidator 305

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Now everything after the first drop can be terrible in VR!
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
I wonder if they'll have it ready by July 7th-9th ish when I plan to be visiting. As much as I believe Raging Bull does not need this treatment, I've still been curious about how these experiences are.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points
Not sure I'd like the idea of riding a hyper coaster with VR. The real world visuals at such a height should be impressive enough. A smaller coaster seems like more fun for that.

slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
SkyArrow wrote:
Not sure I'd like the idea of riding a hyper coaster with VR. The real world visuals at such a height should be impressive enough. A smaller coaster seems like more fun for that.

Try it before throwing away the idea. The fact that you can't see the track while still seeing yourself moving adds a lot to a ride, even if you've already ridden it dozens of times. I went in skeptical of the Superman change and came out really impressed. Yes, there is room for improvement, and on the bright side you can always ride without VR, they reserve the first few rows for just that.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Now everything after the first drop can be terrible in VR!

Not like the first drop is even impressive anymore with Goliath in the same park...
American Eagle Lover

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
I wonder if GPs feel legit head choppers while wearing VR glasses! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,552.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

On August 11th at 10am there will be a media day event at Six Flags Great America. If you would be interested in attending this event, send me a private message and include your age in it. Let me know if you could take some nice pics of the event and the ride for us. Also if you can upload the contents of the USB drive they give you so that we can process the contents of it.

So, August 11th, at 10am. Let us know ASAP!

Thanks
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!