Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Meets Soon off to California...Again...

Soon off to California...Again...

Planning a theme park visit? Post it here to organize a theme park meet with other members of the site. You can't go wrong with taking another enthusiast with you!

Post October 27th, 2016, 3:40 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Hey guys,

Me and my mom are being nuts and traveling off to California again. Anyone feel like meeting up at a park?

Schedule:
Wed 9 Nov: Seaworld San Diego
Thu 10 Nov: Las Vegas
Fri 11 Nov: Adventure City + Six Flags Magic Mountain(?) + Santa Monica in the evening
Sa 12 Nov: Six Flags Magic Mountain
Su 13 Nov: Six Flags Magic Mountain
Mon 14 Nov: Universal Studios (Stupid Harry Potter, making the park unholy expensive... 105$ online!!!!)
Tue 15 Nov: Knott's
Wed 16 Nov: Disney
Thu 17 Nov: Disney
Fri 18 Nov: Driving + tiny stuff around Sacramento
Sa 19 Nov: Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

There is also a change of me visiting Gilroy Gardens/California's great America and/or Santa Cruz in the weekend of 19-20 or the weekend after: 25-26-27. But nothing is set in stone for that.

Also a question to the locals: Gilroy Gardens is apparently a member of the Cedar Fair group. With a cedar fair platinum pass you'd get access to all Cedar Fair parks. Does that include Gilroy Gardens too? Because they don't mention that park on the Cedar Fair main website...
Last edited by Dirk_Ermen on October 27th, 2016, 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post October 27th, 2016, 4:00 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

:( Dirk y u do dis

I'm down at knots and SFMM mid December
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post October 27th, 2016, 4:33 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Turbo wrote:
:( Dirk y u do dis

I'm down at knots and SFMM mid December

Because that was the only time my mom could get some days off. :lol:

Post October 27th, 2016, 4:35 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
It would help if the days weren't in Dutch, but even then I can't go. Come to LC this summer lol.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post October 27th, 2016, 4:56 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,502.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

I could try knotts or sfmm but I can't tell at this time. still got my # though right?
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post October 27th, 2016, 5:07 pm

Points on hand: 5,701.00 Points
November 11th is a holiday in the US, so expect parks to be crowded that day. I would not recommend traveling all the way to Six Flags Magic Mountain on that day if you won't be giving it a full day, especially when you will be there two additional days. The 12th will likely be quite busy, but the 13th should be noticeably less crowded.

Universal Studios has always been the most overpriced park in California even before Harry Potter. They charge comparable prices to Disneyland yet offer an attraction count comparable to SeaWorld San Diego. It's worth one visit, but it's not a park worth going back to frequently.

A Cedar Fair Platinum Pass will get you into Gilroy Gardens during their regular operating hours, but it is not valid for the Lumination event at night (though that event doesn't have the rides open). Also, the other Platinum benefits (such as free parking) don't apply at the park.

Note that California's Great America has limited operating hours during this time of year as they are only open for WinterFest in the evenings. The event does not begin until November 25th, so the park will be closed before then. Also, only about 1/3 of the park is open during the event, so ride selection is limited.

Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk will also be in limited operation during this time. If you decide to go, call ahead and make sure Giant Dipper will be operating. Otherwise, it isn't worth driving out to the park IMO.

Lastly, I may be available to meet up (if desired) at Six Flags Magic Mountain, Universal Studios, and/or Knott's as I have passes to all three and live locally. However, I won't know my schedule until about a week before, so feel free to send me a message right before your trip and see if I'm available if you want to meet up.
Coaster Count: 535 (114 wood, 444 steel); Park Count: 110
Top 5 Wood: El Toro, Voyage, Thunderhead, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel: Superman the Ride, Fury 325, Millennium Force, X2, Intimidator 305

Post October 28th, 2016, 12:30 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

rcdude wrote:
November 11th is a holiday in the US, so expect parks to be crowded that day. I would not recommend traveling all the way to Six Flags Magic Mountain on that day if you won't be giving it a full day, especially when you will be there two additional days. The 12th will likely be quite busy, but the 13th should be noticeably less crowded.

I'm aware of Veterans Day. We'll just see how big the crowds are that day. Hence the question mark at SFMM in the schedule.

rcdude wrote:
Universal Studios has always been the most overpriced park in California even before Harry Potter. They charge comparable prices to Disneyland yet offer an attraction count comparable to SeaWorld San Diego. It's worth one visit, but it's not a park worth going back to frequently.

I know it was before the HP area only about 60$ entry. Still pricy but not as insane as it's right now. Still want to do that frickin' coaster and re-ride The Mummy a bunch of times. So it'll be alright.

rcdude wrote:
A Cedar Fair Platinum Pass will get you into Gilroy Gardens during their regular operating hours, but it is not valid for the Lumination event at night (though that event doesn't have the rides open). Also, the other Platinum benefits (such as free parking) don't apply at the park.

Good to know, thanks for that! <3

rcdude wrote:
Note that California's Great America has limited operating hours during this time of year as they are only open for WinterFest in the evenings. The event does not begin until November 25th, so the park will be closed before then. Also, only about 1/3 of the park is open during the event, so ride selection is limited.

I've seen it on the website. Flight Deck and Goldrusher are said to be open. So that's at least 1 new ride for me. So if the time and option is there, I'd simply pop by for a ride on those. (Seeing the park is only open in the evening. Night rides could be fun.)

rcdude wrote:
Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk will also be in limited operation during this time. If you decide to go, call ahead and make sure Giant Dipper will be operating. Otherwise, it isn't worth driving out to the park IMO.

Thanks for that tip. Even though I rode Giant Dipper already, the main reason would be going back to see how it still stands. As I enjoyed that single ride A LOT 8 years ago. :lol:

rcdude wrote:
Lastly, I may be available to meet up (if desired) at Six Flags Magic Mountain, Universal Studios, and/or Knott's as I have passes to all three and live locally. However, I won't know my schedule until about a week before, so feel free to send me a message right before your trip and see if I'm available if you want to meet up.

Knott's I'm already meeting up with Jayman. So it could be good fun to see if we can get together with an even bigger group. All the other days, feel free to tag along if you like. ^^

Oscar wrote:
I could try knotts or sfmm but I can't tell at this time. still got my # though right?

Looks like it yeah, ends with 309?
Don't be afraid if suddenly a US number texts you. Last trip I got a US simcard for unlimited calls and a ton of data. :)

Post October 28th, 2016, 10:39 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,502.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Yep! That's the # and ok about getting aboutique you using a US number: D
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post November 8th, 2016, 7:54 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

So, I've arrived in the USA. Still no other meets other than in Knotts next week Tuesday?

Return to Theme Park Meets