Board index Public Relations Contests Southend Screamer - Compact Cross pier Contest RESULTS LIVE

Southend Screamer - Compact Cross pier Contest RESULTS LIVE

Only official CoasterCrazy.com Contests are posted here.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
No one will blame you for taking so much time. :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Points on hand: 4,118.00 Points

Biggest apologies, the resulta were due this evening but due to some odd circumstances i am away from home without access to a computer or the writeups... Blase and the other judge have completed the write ups and i am in the midst of stitching everything together and adding my thoughts too.

Once again sincerest of apologies :(
Now usually there would be a banner image here, but i cant add one. have some random text instead

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
COASTERGUY246 wrote:
blas??

pls
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

I think he's busy doing other stuff. ;)

RESULTS!

Judges - Brawly, Blaserhine and COASTERGUY246

1. iSatnav -

Very good job on this one. The concept behind it is great, and it was pulled off fairly well. The layout is exciting but still family-friendly to an extent, and has some top par trackwork. Only grip I have is that support structure on the larger turn past the boardwalk, it doesn???t really look too aesthetically pleasing nor structurally substantial. The coaster was very fun and enjoyable and provided a unique ride experience. Great work, and well done on winning!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. kryptos001 -

Took major guts to try to pull this off! I commend you for fitting as B&M into this area, and I commend you again for actually doing a decent job of it. It really did catch us off guard! I have to say that some of the shaping is off - dive loop and maybe the cobra roll, but it is still a fantastic layout, and an incredible feat considering the limitations.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. CoasterMac305 -

Overall you did a great job on this submission. Your track work was quite well and the g forces were all in the specific ride type. Your coaster used the space well and was very asethtic to look at. Your supports were sadly lacking in some areas and felt flimsy, and there is some odd trackwork in some areas. Congratulations for finishing third!

4. RNB -

This was a very unique and refreshing entry. No inversions, yet you still managed to provide a thrilling, exciting experience using laterals and classic wild mouse techniques, not to mention the launch too! Some of the trackwork is a bit odd, namely banking on some parts of track, however I understand if you were trying to create lats there. Supports are very nice and aesthetically pleasing too, making this a very solid ride overall!

5. Crazydud619 -

This one was also a favorite among the judges, The shaping was odd in spots, such as the first turn after the drop (it changed radius like 2 times) but the layout is enjoyable and fun, especially for only having used once section of the provided area. However, I think if you had used more space, it could have made for both a very cool layout and very nice support interaction with the boardwalk goers. Decent coaster overall, we just thought it could utilise the template more than it did

6. Lore_Sully -

This was another entry that surprised us, definitely seeing some Balder influence here, and the layout looks insanely fun - especially that drop off from the building top into the twisted mess of supports, would love to ride that for real! There are some shaping gripes however, but the layout itself is very nice and well done. Not too repetitive while still sticking a good amount of twisty-ness in there. Your trackwork was nice and the ride had a nice mix of intensity and speed too, making it another fairly solid entry overall

7. Mkingy -

This was a really good entry! The only really problems we saw were the shaping on that final inversion, and was a little short. The layout itself was really well made, however, the supports are a bit thin and much too dense in some places. Colour scheme was also one of our favorites on the list

8. HLcoasters -

Nothing really stands out to me with this layout, as it seems a little repetitive. It???s pretty much just turn after turn after turn - which isn???t necessarily a bad thing, when done well, but something to break up the constant turning would have been nice. the trackwork felt sloppy in some areas and the ride was very forceless. Also the supports are paper-thin here, which for me is very distracting. This would have been a great coaster, but the above details really detracted from the overall score on this one

9. NemesisRider -

This is a very unique ride, and the shaping isn???t too too bad either, aside from a few small issues. One major issue this ride has, however, is that hill after the MCBR.. If a train needed to stop on the MCBR, then it would be valleyed there. Sort of an odd choice if you ask me. Another thing is the repetition I feel with all the rolls in the ride, but that???s not too much of a terrible thing. the concept did have potential for certian, but it just needs a bit more quality control and a bit more variety

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10. RCF -

There???s pretty blatant shaping issues here, from the lift to that little bunny hop on top of the building structure that contains a major pump. Definitely requires a look back on the trackwork, and much less ???strict??? roll nodes and vertices. This coaster was actually quite good. The layout was very pleasing and the g forces were acceptable. However we contemplated on your support work for your lift.. It wasnt really needed and kinda drew away from the rest of the coaster.

11. losingmilk1 -

Another Infinity coaster that missed the nail... Your coaster was asthetically pleasing and used the template well but your supports and track work were heavily lacking. definitely refer to literally any picture of a eurofighter from RCDB when doing these in the future - once again, reference pictures are great resources for shaping techniques. Speaking of shaping, you???re a bit far off with this one, just looking at the lift, dive loop, and top hat thingy. The latter of which felt extremely forced. Now speaking of forces, if I recall correctly the lats here hit insane amounts (nearing 2G?).. keep a careful eye on your G-Force Comb in the future, even though it might not be totally accurate, it will let you know of something unacceptable such as that.

12. Leafsfan33 -

This is an.. odd.. entry. Not entirely sure whats going on with the catwalks after the lift, and it???s not heartlined.. The supports aren???t completely terrible but could definitely use some work, and the colors were very??? sickly. It was a decent attempt at what I think you were trying to do, but just remember to heartline, and look at real life references for inspiration and shaping technique! And pay mind to your color scheme, it is equally important!

Sorry these were late! i didnt have access to my PC over a week, and the results were due out last sunday. Hope people had fun with this contest!
Now usually there would be a banner image here, but i cant add one. have some random text instead

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points
Sickly colour scheme? WTF The point of the catwalk going so far on the lift hill was so that they could service the brake if they need to, instead of climbing down the lift hill and climbing back up.

^^ Wow these results are worth reading all through! I know why we really had to wait for ages. Explaining good and bad spots in a detailed way so all NL track builders can improve skills for better quality rides.

Thanks! :)

Blase Rhine User avatar

Points on hand: 30,499.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Leafsfan33 wrote:
Sickly colour scheme? WTF The point of the catwalk going so far on the lift hill was so that they could service the brake if they need to, instead of climbing down the lift hill and climbing back up.

Being one of the judges it wasn't much of the catwalk that was an issue. It was the fact that your coaster wasn't heartlined and the shaping drew away from the coaster experience. As for the color scheme it just seemed bland. It wasnt a bad submission at all. Just you scored lower in technical aspects rather than the overall experience.
Sometimes I dream of unicorns and oreos

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Thanks for the feedback and competition. Congrats to isatnav for the win.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Awesome examples of "trackwork" review! :)

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Wow, a bunch of entries! Where they hell did those all come from? I think I've only seen 2-3 uploads here. :lol:
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

this contest was also hosted on the "other" site :)

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,243.00 Points
COASTERGUY246 wrote:

which other site?

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points
Dirk_Ermen wrote:
Wow, a bunch of entries! Where they hell did those all come from? I think I've only seen 2-3 uploads here. :lol:

Yes, weren't we all supposed to upload our entries by January 10th?

Doesn't seem fair to me.

Blase Rhine User avatar

Points on hand: 30,499.00 Points

skyscraper wrote:
COASTERGUY246 wrote:

which other site?

It was hosted on No Limits Exchange as well.

Leafsfan33 wrote:
Dirk_Ermen wrote:

Yes, weren't we all supposed to upload our entries by January 10th?

Doesn't seem fair to me.

All entries were submitted by the deadline. It was perfectly fair from my understanding. There were 3 judges that way it was no way biased towards any creation. Overall that seems fair in my book. Take the feedback the judges gave you and apply that to your next rides.

Another note is that Coastercrazy will be hosting a No Limits 2 Tournament on several sites for everyone to join. It will consist of 3 rounds and will test your ability as a builder. More info will be coming in the next week.
Sometimes I dream of unicorns and oreos

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Blase Rhine wrote:
skyscraper wrote:
COASTERGUY246 wrote:

which other site?

It was hosted on No Limits Exchange as well.

Ahhh... That makes sense then. It's quite a shocker to see only 2-3 entries from here and suddenly a truckload of results. Explains as well why the results took so long. :lol:
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Dirk_Ermen wrote:
Ahhh... That makes sense then. It's quite a shocker to see only 2-3 entries from here and suddenly a truckload of results. Explains as well why the results took so long. :lol:

Indeed, judging 12 entries isn't an easy undertaking!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

@Coasterguy246: I thought that great analyses (Thanks to judges!) were given to all participants. I believe they will help those interested in joining any future CC contest!

:D

Previous

Return to Contests