Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Strongly Considering The Green Party...

Strongly Considering The Green Party...

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post October 26th, 2010, 9:40 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
As all of you USA people know elections are coming up, and since i live in Illinois I have Illinois elections to deal with. Problem is all of the candidates are love terrible.

Governor:
*Quinn - Asshole democrat that only looks nice because he replaced the wonderful Blagojevich, the guy who tried to auction Obama's senate seat, extort the Chicago Tribune, and extort Children's Memorial Hospital. In the short time Quinn has been in office after the Blagojevich impeachment he raised him and his friend's salary and that is about it.
*Bill Brady - Psychotic Bible thumping Republican that wants to put the Bible into the classroom. I will vote for the democrat over someone who is part of the movement that is trying to establish a Christian dictatorship in this country.

*PS Illinois has a fantastic history of crooked ass governors. Like 5 out of the last 8 have been or are in jail, and the one before Blagojevich is STILL in jail.
-----------------
Senate:
*Giannoulias (crooked democrat) or however it's spelled. Likes to export jobs and poop. Closet Bush style republican with differing morals. Sucks in general.

*Mark Kirk - Republican that embellishes the truth of goddamned everything and pretends he was shot at when he wasn't. By far the best of anyone on this whole page.
-------------------
Other crap:
Who cares? Nobody on this site can say with a straight face they follow/care about treasurer and all that.
------------------
Judge:
This winner:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... 1014&sc=tw

So basically I'm forced between choosing between a crooked democrat, a bible thumper, a job exporter, and someone who makes poop up, which is why I'm considering not voting for one of the two main parties even though it's totally futile.

Suggestions as for what I should do with this pile of electoral crap? It's more crappy than the 2004 election (somehow).
Last edited by Coasterkidmwm on October 26th, 2010, 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post October 26th, 2010, 9:52 am
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

^I was actually thinking the same thing after all of the mudslinging political ads here in Ohio. Not a single Democrat or Republican has shown anything in their ads about what THEY would do to fix Ohio, just either that their opponent is an Ohio-hating sleaze-ball or that they are our friendbuddypal. My conclusion is that Washington is broken beyond repair, and we need a new party to challenge the status quo and force the Dems and Reps to come up with candidates who don't all suck if they want our votes.

Post October 26th, 2010, 10:00 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

Yeah but Ohio doesn't have nearly the problems we have over here with corruption, etc.

The only thing I'm really pulling for is for the Bible thumper to be as far away from office as possible since he'll cut my dad's pension in addition to his dictatorship agenda poop all of the Bible people that "love everyone" are trying to pass.

Post October 26th, 2010, 10:42 am

Points on hand: 1,085.00 Points
Yeah, Ohio has many problems...
This is not my signature.

Post October 26th, 2010, 1:08 pm
cjd

^I think Coasterkid is right, though, we're lucky that we don't have to deal with all the corruption that some other states like Illinois and New Jersey constantly have to put up with. Our biggest problems are the enormous state budget deficit, the fact that we have lost over 600,000 jobs in the last decade, closing production plants in almost all of north Ohio, libraries closing, and the fact that we still have one of the most imbalanced school funding systems in the country 10 years after we were ordered by the supreme court to fix it.

Our problem isn't that all our politicians are lying a**holes, but just that none of them appear to have legitimate plans to do something about it, and appear to be more concerned with their own electoral victory than truly coming up with plans to help us.

Post October 26th, 2010, 1:10 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
MA isn't so great at the moment either... Our education sucks...
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post October 26th, 2010, 1:11 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,602.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Go Clinton!
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post October 26th, 2010, 1:50 pm

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points
School is k over here,but I still think they should pay me for all that crap.

Post October 26th, 2010, 5:08 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

You are retarded.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post October 26th, 2010, 6:17 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Originally posted by slosprint

MA isn't so great at the moment either... Our education sucks...

[lol][lol] I believe that...

Post October 26th, 2010, 7:05 pm

Points on hand: 50.00 Points
Originally posted by slosprint

You are retarded.

Leave him alone dude.
Stop picking at him every single chance you get. Fair enough his posts don't always make complete sense or are entirely related to the post. But saying "You are retarded" to someone who actually has a special need is quite frankly in my opinion one of the worst things you can say. Its terribly insulting and unfair.

Edit: Midget.
[19:47:28] rcking04: /smoke bong through wrong end

Post October 26th, 2010, 7:09 pm

Points on hand: 2,891.00 Points
Ugh, living in California, all I ever hear are commercials either supporting Jerry Brown or Meg Whitman. Brown is the Democrat candidate and Whitman is the Republican candidate. In short, both have some pretty crappy qualities, but I would rather have Jerry Brown in office than Meg Whitman, who is full of poop.

Post October 26th, 2010, 7:24 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,115.00 Points

Post October 26th, 2010, 7:27 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by HazBruv

Midget.

I am not a midget.

I'm nothing you've heard.

I'm you.

Post October 26th, 2010, 7:28 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

Post October 26th, 2010, 7:29 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Well, we had Brown in office before, turned a 6 billion surplus into a 1 billion deficit. MEg on the other hand, well, she's been caught doing illegal stuff to make her filthy rich. Maybe she can do the same with California. She had hired an illegal alien worker... who doesn't in California?
Paradox wrote:

Post October 26th, 2010, 7:39 pm

Points on hand: 2,588.00 Points
I fear Meg Whitman. If she get's elected everyone from the middle class down in California is royally screwed.
Be sure you're not looking in a mirror before you start pointing fingers.

Post October 26th, 2010, 8:11 pm

Points on hand: 1,277.00 Points

Post October 26th, 2010, 9:11 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

We're screwed with both Brown and Whitman. Everyone, write my name in!
Paradox wrote:

Post October 26th, 2010, 9:59 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

JMS that is the wrong state...

Post October 26th, 2010, 10:44 pm

Points on hand: 1,277.00 Points

Post October 27th, 2010, 1:30 pm

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points
Thanks for the encouragement,Haz.I just felt to add my opinion since the theme switched to education systems.

Post October 27th, 2010, 1:51 pm

Points on hand: 1,303.00 Points
It is time for a new party.

The deomocrats are worthless. They are too progressive, mostly to get votes. They don't think about the severe consequences to your actions and don't understand that if you support people who don't want to work, it will encourage more to not want to work. Almost half of the country is on SOME form of government aid. The democrats also ignore the majority.

I used to be more for republicans, but recently not so much. Their only counter action to the democrats is to wave the bible at them. They don't understand that there is a growing number of people who aren't Christian. I personally thing organized religion is a joke and I don't want it thrown in my face. Cut the anti abortion bullshit which will never be reversed, and focus on stopping illegal immigration and bringing decent labor back to the US.

I personally blame Unions for the collapse of the US. In order for capitalism to work, you need people who are willing to work for low, but still decent, wages to support people who aspire to be more. Instead, you got uneducated people who demand 30 dollars an hour to push start buttons on machines, while our teachers and police officers were paid far less, who make more of an impact on society.

The company I currently work for is non union and hires machinists in at a rate to make an OK living, but not drive new BMWs off the lot. The machinists who stay with the company for a while end up earning a decent wage. This is the reason, our manufacturing is still in the US, and still provides hundreds of good jobs with good benefits for this country. Union jobs either end up moving south or failing.

Post October 27th, 2010, 2:34 pm
cjd

These two pieces of media pretty much sum up my thoughts on congress at the moment:

An extremely depressing Vanity Fair article, specifically the parts that deal with filibusters.
"Washington, We Have A Problem"

And Jon Stewart responding to the failure of the 9/11 responders bill...
"I GIVE UP!"

Post October 27th, 2010, 4:41 pm

Points on hand: 2,588.00 Points
Oh John, saying the truth. Republicans are assholes and Democrats are pussies. How to choose?

That senator, the one who insinuated that the heros of 9/11 would have reacted differently (i.e. not been in such a hurry to rescue people) if they had thought their actions might raise taxes (on foreign companies selling in the United States, taxes slated to pay health care for the hero's of 9/11!), that guy needs a brick in the face.

Can you picture a fireman refusing to search for survivors in the rubble of the World Trade Center because he's afraid a foreign company might have to start paying sales tax in the United States to help cover his resulting medical bills?
Be sure you're not looking in a mirror before you start pointing fingers.

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion