Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! The official Boulder Dash commemoration Topic

The official Boulder Dash commemoration Topic

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
This is the topic where we say everything we just love about, personally one of my very favorite rides in the world, Boulder dash!!!

And any other things having to do with this ride, and how its running, cool pictures, reviews, and your experiences and such along those lines!

I will start:

This ride must be ridden at night in the back row. It is amazing. It already has some of the BEST airtime on any wooden coaster in the world, but everything just kicks ass when its dark and you are in the woods, and you have no idea whats happening, and you randomly hit airtime and drops and those kick ass cci turns that are barely banked, if at all. Which doesnt exist anymore. BTW it has been running some of the best i can remember this year. They really do a great job at keeping it nice!
Last edited by Kyle Sloane on October 6th, 2010, 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post October 6th, 2010, 4:19 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
The green train sucks, so as long as you are on the blue one you can have an amazing time. It is ridden best in the rain, when the track is slick, and it is fun to have leaf-grabbing competitions on the overgrown branches. the first drop is best experienced when you lean as far as you can to the left. From my personal experience, the best airtime on it is in front, whereas the best laterals and drop is in back. I like to balance it out and sit in the fifth row lol.

EDIT: ah yes, I forgot to say that it is best ridden at night, when the park is empty and the ride ops let you stay in your seat and marathon it.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post October 6th, 2010, 4:24 pm

No back is best. Second row. And it has better airtime than the front because its excelerating airtime. And in the front you slowly end up in the front of your seat because you jam into the restraint over every hill

Post October 6th, 2010, 4:25 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

Post October 6th, 2010, 4:27 pm

Post October 6th, 2010, 4:29 pm
Jer User avatar

Points on hand: 1,089.00 Points

I'm getting to ride it next year, I'm so damn excited!
Phoenix|Maverick|Skyrush|RFII|Leviathan|Bizzaro[SFNE]|Bdash|Griffon|El Toro|Verbolten
RIP Chiller: 1997-2008

Post October 6th, 2010, 4:30 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by Kyle Sloane

No back is best. Second row. And it has better airtime than the front because its excelerating airtime. And in the front you slowly end up in the front of your seat because you jam into the restraint over every hill

I find the front makes up for it on the triple up lol. It's amazing when you are near the front. The back doesn't get as much air off of it.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post October 6th, 2010, 4:39 pm

Yes you are correct. Thats my sole reason i ever ride in the front. But the huge surprise drop in the middle of the ride and everything else just feel so much more out of controll in the back. And i personally, having ridden boulder dash more than 20 times in a row before, trying all the rows, the back still has insane air on EVERY hop in the triple up. Even at the very top. The train flies through that thing and it may very well be the best triple up ever because of how effective it is at getting it smooth while going so fast. I cant beleive gci did something so amazingly intense.

Post October 6th, 2010, 4:44 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

The first double up next to the bumper cars on the out run in the front is the best airtime on the ride. I've had some seriously scary moments on that hill.

Post October 6th, 2010, 4:47 pm

Post October 6th, 2010, 4:53 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I am so glad they got GCI to come in and re-track it a few years ago. They added some of the best bits.

Post October 6th, 2010, 5:02 pm

Post October 6th, 2010, 5:03 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

lol... I did like the fail trick track...

Post October 6th, 2010, 5:08 pm

Why. Its a failure. Unless that was sarcazm which in that case you shouldnt even joke about that.

Post October 6th, 2010, 5:29 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

The only time my things have hurt after riding the same coaster only 3 times. I miss it :(

Post October 6th, 2010, 5:32 pm

Post October 6th, 2010, 6:18 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
God damn it all
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post October 6th, 2010, 6:59 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Boulder Dash, one of the examples how a Wooden Coaster SHOULD look AND ride. Perfect distribution of lateral, negative and positive G-Forces. Constant surprises which increase the fun factor of this ride enormously. Even after a bunch of rides in a row it maintains their surprises, just when you think what was coming next. You just forgot that tiny turn or that big sudden drop. Entire ride: Pure awesomeness.

That triple up which was added by GCI was probably the most crazy thing I've ever had on a wooden coaster. 3 good ejector airtime humps in such a short time. It just flies through that element.

Too bad I've never ridden this ride in Night Time. But that hopefully will happen sometime in the future. It already bashed my previous #1 coaster from the top of the list. So I wonder if it would gain more distance from the rest of the wooden coasters after nighttime rides.

Because we all love Boulder Dash so much:

Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post October 6th, 2010, 7:04 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Holy crap my hair was terrible that day...

Post October 6th, 2010, 7:27 pm

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Originally posted by Jer

I'm getting to ride it next year, I'm so damn excited!

oh that sucks. Over the summer they're going to bank the first turn and the turnaround more. GCI is going to come in and add some heartlining on those parts.

Yay! I got to ride it when it was still good!!!

Oh, and yes. It is the best ride ever period.
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post October 6th, 2010, 7:39 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

^ do you have a source or are you just being a douche as usual?

Post October 6th, 2010, 7:46 pm

I heard some of the manegers talking about it while at LC.

And I am not a douche. I am a douche bag, thank you very much.

Post October 6th, 2010, 7:49 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I never said "bag"

Post October 6th, 2010, 7:49 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Considering I have a simply nirvana experience on the Voyage with rides near 11pm, after a severe downpour and hail with lightning in the upper clouds, I have high expectations for this ride. I am skeptical it can dethrone Voyage if we go mono-e-mono and compare the absolute best ride it can give and not overall day to night rides.

However, Im starting to plan next years trips. This area of the woods is strongly in my top 3 must hit places.

Post October 6th, 2010, 8:00 pm

Originally posted by slosprint

I never said "bag"

exactly my point. I am not just a douche, but a douche bag. I take it to a whole new level [;)]

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!