Board index Public Relations Contests The Hundred Buck Coaster Creator Challange

The Hundred Buck Coaster Creator Challange

Only official CoasterCrazy.com Contests are posted here.

Post January 9th, 2015, 8:45 pm
Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

What? A Contest! Actual Money!?

Welcome to the First Annual Hundred Buck Coaster Creator Challenge. Where we will give out one good prize, four lesser-quality prizes, and one prize that's complete sh*t while you work your butt off building some of the weirdest coaster creations known to man.

Rules:

Using No-limits Roller Coaster Simulator 2 design and construct a park that has all of the following corresponding roller coaster styles with the designed features specified.

#1 - A wooden roller coaster operating any train style with a drop no less then 100 ft that features absolutely no straight sections of track outside of the station, holding zones, or final brake run.
#2 - A B & M Dive Coaster less then 750 ft in length that is not launched or in shuttle mode that features three or more inversions.
#3 - A Premier LIM Coaster that features a launch section of vertical or beyond vertical track in excess of 100 feet in length and has 8 or more inversions.
#4 - A coaster of any style that features a visually offensive color scheme, operates with trains that face backwards, and is 1500 ft or more in length with a speed of 45 mph or better.

All coasters must adhere to a quasi-professional design standard and must pass block enforcement, operating envelope, rider comfort and safety, and safe shutdown tests. That means a rider of average intelligence, height, and weight must be able to enjoy your attraction with out being dismembered, incapacitated, or otherwise left in a state where they are unable to reach for their wallets.

There is a two train minimum. Trains may not enter feed motor zones (Kicker wheels for you noobs.) at a speed greater then the equipment set operating speed. You know, so you don't destroy the gear boxes in em. All final brake runs are full stop unless you are using skip blocking, then you must build appropriate block buffers and safeties. Launch coasters must have appropriate anti-roll back blocking controls in place. We don't wanna ruin any ones day by short shoting a train and having it roll back in to the one auto advanced to ready.

Please make sure that you do not have any "unnamed" blocks.

If at any point with the ride in automatic mode I am able to get two trains on a lift you will be automatically disqualified from this contest and fined 100 CC points.

Entrance Rules & Prize Information.

You must be 13 years or older to enter this contest (or have a COPPA on file with Oscar), be a good standing member of the Coaster Crazy community, and not reside in a country that is currently at war or otherwise embargoed by the United States. (Iran, North Korea, etc)

The contest will run from now until January 30th 2015 at 11:59 PM CST. Entrance to this contest will be considered valid upon successful project upload to the Coaster Crazy Exchange and the download linked inside this topic. Be sure to use the "Realistic" category when uploading your track. Please do not upload tracks to the exchange until Thursday January 29th, 2015 at 12:01 AM.

Awards will be issued based on the highest to lowest rating on the track exchange rating after 7 days on the exchange.

Physical Prizes will be shipped to international destinations so long as the cost of the shipping does not exceed 35% of the value of the prize. We may in our sole discretion sub out the shipment of physical prizes to users outside of the United States for prizes of equivalent value that can be delivered via electronic means, such as electronic gift cards.

1st Prize - $100 Amazon Gift Card & A Coaster Crazy T-Shirt
2nd Prize - $10 in Dimes & A Coaster Crazy T-Shirt
3rd Prize - $5 in Nickles & A Coaster Crazy T-Shirt
4th Prize - A Random Post Card Signed by Oscar & Myself
Last Prize - Mystery Prize

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Questions:
1. So for the wooden coaster the chainlift needs to be curved and "not straight" applies to the vertical and horizontal plane correct?
2. Can we get a banking degree mark for an inversion? (trying to see if a steep overbank would work as an inversion)
3. What defines a launch on the Premier? Would something like Maverick's "lift" count or no?
4. I have no plans for this but I'm assuming for the visually offensive coaster with backwards facing trains if we used a 4D we'd have to still switch the trains around since they technically start backwards in their normal state? This is a stretch I came up with because I find loopholes hilarious.
Last edited by Coasterkidmwm on January 9th, 2015, 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

absolutely no straight sections of track outside of the station, holding zones, or final brake run.

Lift hill not mentioned in the exclusions, so it could be curved, bent, skewed, off angle, anything but straight.

True Addicts
True Addicts

I edited my reply above and it took awhile because I'm a slow child. Just posting this to make sure you see it.

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I already have #1 taken care of
What are these for?

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Question: Can we use scripted switch tracks for reverse sections on the Dive Coaster?
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
I was hoping that one of the parks required coasters would be a Chinese knockoff.

Points on hand: 2,777.00 Points
Bank: 122.00 Points
Mmmm ain't the timeline a bit tight? 20 days to build 4 coasters... anyway, I might give it a try.

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points
This contest sounds awesome. Can't wait to see what cool designs come out of it. :D
Diamondback is Diamonbae.

Post January 10th, 2015, 12:12 am

Points on hand: 5,716.00 Points
Bank: 2,500.00 Points
I just finished a !%*&@(% park! What no Morgan hyper requirement? this is an outrage!

...I'm in.

for real though did you see that park I just released? not even fair.
Plantoris

Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Questions:
1. So for the wooden coaster the chainlift needs to be curved and "not straight" applies to the vertical and horizontal plane correct?
2. Can we get a banking degree mark for an inversion? (trying to see if a steep overbank would work as an inversion)
3. What defines a launch on the Premier? Would something like Maverick's "lift" count or no?
4. I have no plans for this but I'm assuming for the visually offensive coaster with backwards facing trains if we used a 4D we'd have to still switch the trains around since they technically start backwards in their normal state? This is a stretch I came up with because I find loopholes hilarious.

1. "absolutely no straight sections of track outside of the station, holding zones, or final brake run."
2. If a train not equipped with up stop wheels was parked on a section of track, and then let go of, if it would fall to its doom, the track is deemed upside down.
3. A launch is defined as a section of track where a vehicle is accelerated between to set points at a set rate for the entire duration of the segment.
4. The backwards train checkbox must be clicked in order for the trains to be classified as operating in a backwards state.

CoasterGuy2000 wrote:
Question: Can we use scripted switch tracks for reverse sections on the Dive Coaster?

There are no rules governing the use of scripted anything, so.. feel free.

Dapalm wrote:
Mmmm ain't the timeline a bit tight? 20 days to build 4 coasters... anyway, I might give it a try.

20 days / 100 bucks = 5 dollars a day, idk you tell me if its worth it?

Points on hand: 2,777.00 Points
Bank: 122.00 Points
^ Of course the price is worth it. I'm afraid the time will affect the quality of the projects. But as I said I will give it a try.

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points
Mikey wrote:
2. If a train not equipped with up stop wheels was parked on a section of track, and then let go of, if it would fall to its doom, the track is deemed upside down.

So 95 degree banking is upside down?
Last edited by Soko on January 10th, 2015, 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post January 10th, 2015, 11:11 am
Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

90 degrees and the guide wheels will still hold the train onto the track..

Post January 10th, 2015, 11:18 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

SkyArrow wrote:
Mikey wrote:

So 90 degree banking is upside down?

There are wheels on the side of the train....

Post January 10th, 2015, 12:40 pm

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
1.)Can a definition of what count's as a straight track be given? Does it have to curve on both axis? Does a trick track count as a straight track?or A Barrel Roll?
2) Does a launch track count as a holding zone?
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

afro85 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 81.00 Points
Bank: 26,937.70 Points
Is it even possible to make 3 inv in a coaster shorter than Oblivion??? I'm trying but seems impossible....

Points on hand: 2,253.00 Points
afro85 wrote:
Is it even possible to make 3 inv in a coaster shorter than Oblivion??? I'm trying but seems impossible....

My thought exactly! How do I even do this?

Honestly this is impossible, unless you want the track looking contorted and crammed, which isn't very realistic.

Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

CoasterGuy2000 wrote:
1.)Can a definition of what count's as a straight track be given? Does it have to curve on both axis? Does a trick track count as a straight track?or A Barrel Roll?
2) Does a launch track count as a holding zone?

1. - If you put a level on the track along any axis and the bubbles in the middle, then its considered straight.
2. - You could classify a launch track as a holding zone provided that the train was idle for the purposes of minimum separation or block timing.

mijke wrote:
afro85 wrote:

My thought exactly! How do I even do this?

Honestly this is impossible, unless you want the track looking contorted and crammed, which isn't very realistic.

Ever read a Dr. Seuss book?

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
What I'm doing for the dive coaster is not thinking of it as a dive coaster....so I don't give away my own ideas I'll leave it at that
What are these for?

Post January 11th, 2015, 12:20 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

maybe I should join... I'll think about it
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Staff is eligible to participate in the contest, please talk to me skype for the restrictions.

True Addicts
True Addicts

Just got a concept model to work for the dive machine, which in my opinion is the hardest part :D . It's do-able as a normal ride without switch tracks if you're willing to abandon traditional B&Mness.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Sorry I haven't posted here earlier on this, (although I am sure there are some that don't mind, IE titanrocks01) but anyways, looks great and like a lot of fun!

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
I wish I could enter this weird ghetto water shoot coaster from India for the Hundred Buck Coaster Creator Challange.

But it has way too many straight sections and is modeled after a outdated coaster style.

water shoot.jpg

Next

Return to Contests