Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports CP 2015 TR+ Rougarou Thoughts (no pics sorry)

CP 2015 TR+ Rougarou Thoughts (no pics sorry)

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Really quick recap of my visit:

Gatekeeper - Rode back left. More forceful and fun than I remember. Love getting thrown over the drop. Real shame that the ride is so useless after the dive loop though. Had to get in line for it 3 times though because it kept overspeeding main brake.

Mean Streak - Rode it twice. First time was what I remember from last year, nothing aside from super light laterals. Second time the drop trim was on HARD and myself and another employee thought it was going to be stopped in block, but it wasn't thankfully (although it wasn't slowed at all). The ride went down mechanical after we unloaded.

Raptor - Rapteesha was an unhappy lady today. Kept stopping in block, and at random points on the lift for like 6 hours straight. Finally opened up around 6PM or so. Rode in the back on the ride. Drop didn't do the floaty stomache thing I remember, but the rest was heavy on the positives.

Magnum - Not writing what went on here in the interest of not encouraging dangerous behavior but holy hell some people be crazy.

TTD - Rode for the first time ever in the front, ripped my face off. Train flew over the tophat.

Maverick - New #1 coaster no contest with those vests. Used to be a tie with Magnum, but now it's better.

Rougarou - Incoming bias warning. I rode it in the front and the back seats. The ride itself is significantly smoother than it was previously, however it was somehow less intense. I don't understand how this can be the case when it was running through the course faster than it did with standup trains, but it felt that way. I didn't grey out between the loop and dive loop like I used to. I'm not a fan of the colors and wish they chose a different support color, since the all grey station and path with the dark colors make the whole area look rather gloomy. They added pressure pads and swapped the dispatch panel in the rear of the station so that it's visible to the ride op (old one required reaching around the pole), so that should prevent the accidentally ride-stops that plagued the ride whenever a new person would be trained. Kudos to the magnets on main brake, they're way better. The gated off area in the station keeps the ride from hypocritically violating guest rules now, and they keep guests from wandering into restricted areas were great too. It is beyond me how they spent so much money rehabbing the ride only to have them forget to fix the leaking hose. Many people would comment that it was "really smooth but expecting more", which to me sums it up rather well. As a sitdown coaster, many of the whips and such are softened a great deal, and it leaves the ride feeling like it needs more. Another loop somewhere would have helped but you can only do so much before you run the risk of valleying the ride before block in wind and other issues. I would rather ride it in its previous incarnation as a standup coaster because I prefer an intense ride, however the new version totally eliminates the mandated rigid defensive riding position the old one required. I am a weird person so my opinion is definitely not a popular one on this. The decision was definitely a good idea overall for the park since the average teenager now seems to tolerate no discomforts at all, and it does breathe new life into an attraction that had not aged well while simultaneously spending only as much as a bad flat ride. I really would like to know if the standup trains were built in a hurry or something because Iron Wolf never rattled like those did, especially in the rear of the train. The Maverick restraint switch was better. :D

Overall it was a fun visit despite some severe hiccups that almost made it not possible. Sorry I missed you Coasterdave!
Last edited by Coasterkidmwm on August 26th, 2015, 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

Rides are typically more intense when being strapped into and hurdled down an incline while seated on ones testicles which happens to be directly mounted on top of a rolling fiber glass box built and maintained by the lowest bidder.

True Addicts
True Addicts

Fair point, but I was expecting them running it turbo (it's faster now than with the standup trains and the trims off) would make up for it.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Rougarou looks like getting g-force snaps in a really "good" way! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Points on hand: 6,575.00 Points

Haha it's all good! Glad you had fun tho!
Cedar Point
2008-2015
--2015--
Beach Band- June-August
https://www.facebook.com/TrumpetDMR

True Addicts
True Addicts

lol240 wrote:
Rougarou looks like getting g-force snaps in a really "good" way! :)

Well the whip of death is much less bad and you can appreciate the G's in the turn now. Too bad the corkscrew exit still kinda sucks.

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports