Board index Public Relations Contests Track Tennis 2014 for NoLimits 2!

Track Tennis 2014 for NoLimits 2!

Only official CoasterCrazy.com Contests are posted here.

Post July 28th, 2014, 3:25 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Welcome all to Track Tennis 2014 for NoLimits 2!
We are bringing this game back in hope to get the community to work together to build an amazing track!

Note, that this is the NoLimits 2 version of Track Tennis and we are running an identical contest for NoLimits 1 users!

Let's start out with basic rules and knowledge:
What Is Track Tennis?

Track Tennis is based heavily on a similar group activity called "Photo-Chop" or "Photoshop Tennis" - a game in which people take turns adding things to an image, until the image looks almost nothing like it did at the start. It is built up, using a base image as a starting point.

Track Tennis is similar in that a seed track file is provided by a "Game Referee" (whoever starts the game), and then people add elements to it, one at a time, until the track is done.

How To Play

A Game Referee will post a seed track file. It may have a basic beginning (a station and lift, for example), or it may be empty. The first player will post a notice that says "work in progress" or similar. No one else may work on the track at this time. The player then has 3 days to add one (1) element to the track file.

An element is defined as one (1) of the following:
A track element - Such as a zero-g roll, or a corkscrew, or a loop, or a cobra roll, or a drop, or a turn, or a block brake, or a lift, etc. Note that interlocking corkscrews count as multiple elements (2 corkscrews and a turn around) and must be constructed over multiple turns.

A scenery object (either 3ds or made from supports) such as a building, or a queue, or a sign, or a bridge, etc. Note that "a pile of rocks", for example, may consist of multiple 3ds objects, but are collectively one element.

Some terraforming. Amount is undefined - Use your discretion.

Supports. Amount is undefined - Use your discretion. It is suggested that you support at least one element of track work at a time, however.
After the player has added their one element, they will upload the new version of the track file for review by the Match Referee. The Match Referee will make sure that the player did not alter any work which was done by previous players, optionally advise the player on "quick fixes" they may want to consider, and then announce that the track is ready for the next player. This process repeats until the track is done (decided by the Match Referee) and the track is posted for public download.

The Rules Are As Follows:

Anyone can play, regardless of ability. Please respect the other players in this regard, however. For example, if you know that you aren't very experienced with terraforming, you should probably avoid doing that for your turn. Likewise for supports, track work, and scenery.

You must state in this thread that you are working on the track file, this is to avoid multiple people working on it at once. A simple post that says "Work In Progress" is what you need to post when you decide to take a turn.
Note that you may only claim a turn after the match referee has declared that the previous turn is complete and has been approved.

You must complete your element within 3 days. If you fail to complete your element in 3 days, then you default and it is passed on to the next volunteer, using the previous version of the track. You may finish early if you like, but you may not go back and make changes after your 3 days, even during later turns.

You may not, for any reason, modify someone else's work. If they added a cobra roll which is 30 meters tall and 15 meters wide, then you must leave it where it is, and with those dimensions.

Exception 1: You may alter the track direction slightly as it exits the previous person's track element, so long as their element retains the same look and feel it had when you started. The Match Referee will have final decision in this matter.

Exception 2: You may modify previous scenery and support work in a cumulative fashion. You may add detail to other scenery objects (for example, adding a custom sign to someone else's custom station). You may add supports attached to other people's support work. You may NOT move someone else's support to make room for yours.

If you are adding track work, you may only work in the direction of the train. You may not add track work to the end of the track - only the front.

If you terraform, you may not add track work, supports, or scenery.
If you add supports, you may not add track work, scenery, or terraforming.
If you add scenery, you may not add track work, terraforming, or supports.
If you add track work, you may not terraform, add supports, or add scenery.

You may not take 2 turns in a row. Three (3) other people must take a turn before you may go again. This is to prevent one or two people from having too much influence on the project.

You may not conspire with other participants or otherwise influence what other people do during their turn. If you are caught doing this, you will be given a six (6) turn penalty and thus will not be eligible to participate for the next nine (9) turns (as opposed to the usual three [3]). The referee has final decision on what is and is not "conspiring".

You may default on your turn if you find you are unable to do what you wanted to do within the time allotted. If you default after the first 48 hours, however, or do not finish within the three (3) days allotted, you must take a 3 turn penalty which means you will not be eligible to participate for the next six (6) turns (as opposed to the usual three [3]). The referee may waive this penalty at their discretion for extenuating circumstances (if you have been shot or are arrested, for example).

This contest/track will go on for 30 turns. This is to keep the contest going on for around 30-90 days. Who ever is responsible for the 30th turn is also responsible for completing the track circuit. If this requires you to add more than one element, that is OK.

The Match Referee must keep a running log of who did what, and it must be included when the track is posted for public download, and in the track info.

Frequently Asked Questions:

"Who will upload the track?"
The Match Referee will upload it to the track repository of their choice. They are at the mercy of the rating gods, regardless of how well the track comes out. But this isn't about ratings.

"If I do track work, can someone else heartline my work during their turn?"
Nope, and neither can you in a later turn. Once your 3 days are up, that section is done. This may influence what you do. If you are horrible at track work, you can always add scenery, supports, or terraforming. Or you can go ahead and do track work, and we'll just deal with whatever mess you leave us. You won't be judged (unless you are participating in a competitive match). You played along and contributed, and that's all that matters. But the rules do give you 3 days... that should be enough time for even the most anal of designers to get SOMETHING the way they want it.

"I want to play but I don't have time."
Yes you do. Your contribution may be as simple as supporting a lift hill with prefabs - a 10 minute process at most.

"Can the Match Referee take a turn?"
Yes, and they are encouraged to do so.

"Can I use tools like track smoothers and support flangers?"
No. Most tools alter the whole track, and you would affect other people's work.

Exception 1: You can use Elementary to create basic track work elements, but you should tweak them of course.

Exception 2: You can use the latest version of the NL Construction Kit to smooth your element only. Other incarnations of the track smoother will alter the entire track, which is not allowed.

Exception 3: You can use Buster's Automatic Heartline Generator on your own track element only.

"Can I change the track colors?"
If they are still white when it is your turn, then you may change them as a whole. That change counts as your element for that turn, however.

"Who are the Game Referees and Match Referees?"
Game Referees and Match Referees are any Moderator or Administrator that chooses to but in when necessary.

If you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask by posting or by sending me a PM!

Credit to nldevcenter for the rules.

LINK TO SEED FILE!!!
http://www.coastercrazy.com/20401/NL2-T ... -File-2014

Credit to RCT3rox for the seed file!

Element 1: mcrolly with a launch.
Element 2: LuckyK with an immelman type thing
Element 3: Plantoris with a 0G double roll
Element 4: Eveariel with a Dive Knot
Element 5: afro85 with an element S-climb into inclined dive loop
Element 6: CoasterGuy2000 with a zero-g stall
Element 7: LuckyK with a swooping low climb into an airtime hill
Element 8:
Element 9:
Element 10:
Element 11:
Element 12:
Element 13:
Element 14:
Element 15:
Element 16:
Element 17:
Element 18:
Element 19:
Element 20:
Element 21:
Element 22:
Element 23:
Element 24:
Element 25:
Element 26:
Element 27:
Element 28:
Element 29:
Element 30:
Most updated track file: http://www.coastercrazy.com/scrapyard/d ... crap_id=75

Post July 28th, 2014, 4:46 pm
Blazer32

Points on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
i dont get it.. is it just a selected person to add a track part and wait 3 days?

Post July 28th, 2014, 4:52 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Basically, someone grabs the track, adds something to it, and then posts it for another person to grab and add on to. The 3 days is just the maximum period of time you have to add 1 element to the ride.

Post July 28th, 2014, 5:00 pm

Points on hand: 2,485.00 Points

Post July 28th, 2014, 5:13 pm
Blazer32

Ohh i get it! so i can just make a station, and hand it to anyone else?

Post July 28th, 2014, 5:25 pm

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Does A launch or a trim count as an element? or can you also add an element like a corkscrew.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Post July 28th, 2014, 5:25 pm

I hope this is fine, a brake section to stop you, then the launch!

Track file - http://www.mediafire.com/download/5m1mv ... .nl2park#1).nl2park

Post July 28th, 2014, 5:37 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

CoasterGuy2000 wrote:
Does A launch or a trim count as an element? or can you also add an element like a corkscrew.

Trim no, launch into hill, yes.

Post July 28th, 2014, 5:42 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

mrcrolly wrote:

I hope this is fine, a brake section to stop you, then the launch!

Track file - http://www.mediafire.com/download/5m1mv ... .nl2park#1).nl2park

Yea that's fine because it's the start of the ride.
But lets keep it for the future, a brake run and a launch will be considered different elements and will need to be done in different turns

Approved, next person may go, updated file in original post

Post July 28th, 2014, 7:44 pm

Points on hand: 5,149.54 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Post July 28th, 2014, 7:59 pm
Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 32.00 Points
Bank: 4,860.00 Points
RCT3rox wrote:
*cough*seed file provided by RCT3rox*cough* :D

:lol: :)

Post July 28th, 2014, 8:18 pm

Points on hand: 204.00 Points
Bank: 3,034.00 Points
i'll go next if not taken. Two things: Can a section be FVD or does it have to be hand built? And can you support your section or is that a separate turn?

Post July 28th, 2014, 8:25 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

LuckyK wrote:
i'll go next if not taken. Two things: Can a section be FVD or does it have to be hand built? And can you support your section or is that a separate turn?

You can use anything you want to build, Newton, FVD, or hand building, all are OK.
Supporting is it's own turn.

Post July 28th, 2014, 8:30 pm

Points on hand: 5,716.00 Points
Bank: 2,500.00 Points
I will take the next turn available. this looks like some good clean fun.
Plantoris

Post July 28th, 2014, 8:34 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

I'd prefer to not have advanced requests for turns, so no one else may do it after plantoris.

Post July 29th, 2014, 12:37 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
plantoris wrote:

Note that you may only claim a turn after the match referee has declared that the previous turn is complete and has been approved.

:)

EDIT: Also TTD003 might i suggest that the seed file is uploaded to an independent site so that you're not pushing legit tracks off the front page (therefore reducing the chance of them being downloaded andrated?)
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post July 29th, 2014, 5:06 am

^revisions don't bump tracks do they? And am I good to go?

Post July 29th, 2014, 5:34 am

Post July 29th, 2014, 5:39 am
mkingy User avatar

LuckyK wrote:
^revisions don't bump tracks do they? And am I good to go?

Ahh yes my mistake I thought the two uploads were different seed files but they're actually different NL versions!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post July 29th, 2014, 7:03 am
Blazer32

Post July 29th, 2014, 10:00 am
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

mkingy wrote:
plantoris wrote:

:)

EDIT: Also TTD003 might i suggest that the seed file is uploaded to an independent site so that you're not pushing legit tracks off the front page (therefore reducing the chance of them being downloaded and rated?)

If I am correct, revisions do not bump the tracks up again and everyone seems to be uploading their additions to media fire, so we can just use that.

Post July 29th, 2014, 11:52 am

Points on hand: 233.00 Points

Post July 29th, 2014, 12:36 pm
mkingy User avatar

Post July 29th, 2014, 1:14 pm

Guys, here's how it works (atleast I think so) The first person to comment that it's their turn after he approves the latest addition, would be their turn.. No one can call out turns before he approves of the last design. Lets all just shush about going next until he confirms that the last person's design is finished. :)

Post July 29th, 2014, 5:33 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Sorry for the delay, approved, I am honoring plantoris's request to go next, then I will not take any more advanced requests. The person that get's to go will be the first person that requests after I approve.
So after plantoris, someone else may go.

Next

Return to Contests