Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Universal Studios: Project Xibalba coming to IOA

Universal Studios: Project Xibalba coming to IOA

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Blase Rhine User avatar

Points on hand: 30,499.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

universalstudiosflorida.png

Universal Orlando's Islands of Adventure Introduces ???Project Xibalba??? Bringing the Most Anticipated Phenomenon to Orlando in an Authentic Entertainment Experience. Beginning Summer 2015, ground will be broken and construction crews will begin to remove the popular Poseidon's Fury attraction in The Lost Continent to make room for this fully immersive ride experience.

Project Xibalba Poster.png

Orlando ??? July 3, 2015 ??? The countdown to ???Project Xibalba?????? begins today as Universal Studios OrlandoSM announces the arrival of the East Coast???s most anticipated entertainment experience and the introduction of the land???s signature attraction, ???Project Xibalba??? in hyper-realistic HD to present a fully immersive thrilling experience fun for the whole family.

More than five years in the making, ???Project Xibalba??? at Universal Studios Orlando will bring guests the same authenticity and storytelling found at any other Universal Theme Park.

Visitors will be swept into a fully immersive themed land that brings them face to face with the beauty and horrors of the Mayan Temples. ???Project Xibalba??? will be faithful to the visual landscape, including a massive Mayan Temple which will serve as its iconic focal point.

"The momentum behind The Lost Continent is as strong as ever and we are incredibly excited to bring Project Xibalba to Orlando," said Brad Globe, President, Warner Bros. Consumer Products.

Like its counterparts, the Mayan Temple will sit at the heart of ???The Lost Continent??? where the land???s signature ride, ???Project Xibalba???" will take guests on a journey into an ancient Mayan Temple and brings brave tourists face to face with the Mayan god who watches over the Temple. Guests will board themed excavation vehicles as their tour begins at the base of the temple. The car begins to go up a lift into the temple where you soon find yourself hanging on for dear life as the vehicles make a frantic escape to evade the Mayan gods.

???Project Xibalba??? is an achievement in pioneering theme park ride technology featuring a groundbreaking robotics ride system, fused with elaborate filmed action sequences and immersive visceral effects.

???Project Xibalba??? will resonate with immense detail, inviting guests to revel in The ancient Mayan ruins.

Teaser1.jpg

As excitement builds for the arrival of ???Project Xibalba,??? in-park guests at Universal Studios Orlando are able to experience and purchase authentic merchandise.

To hear more details of the opening of ???Project Xibalba??? at Universal Studios Orlando Islands of Adventure. Please follow us on our social media sites.

Join the conversation online using #ProjectXibalba and for all the latest news, ???Like??? us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and Twitter at @UniStudios.

Universal Studios Orlando, The Entertainment Capital of L.A.SM, includes a full-day, movie-based theme park and Studio Tour; the CityWalk entertainment, shopping and dining complex, the Universal CityWalk Cinemas and the ???5 Towers??? state-of-the-art outdoor concert venue. World-class rides and attractions include the popular 3D Ultra-HD adventure, ???Despicable Me Minion Mayhem??? and immersive ???Super Silly Fun Land,??? the critically-acclaimed mega-attraction, ???Transformers???: The Ride-3D,??? ???Revenge of the MummySM???The Ride??? and ???Jurassic Park?? ???The Ride.??? As part of its milestone 50th anniversary celebration in 2015, Universal Studios Hollywood introduced a slate of dynamic new attractions, including the electrifying 3D-HD thrill ride, ???Fast & Furious???Supercharged??? as the grand finale to the famed Studio Tour, ???Springfield,??? hometown of America???s favorite TV family, located adjacent to the award-winning ???The Simpsons Ride??????.

Warner Bros. Entertainment is a global leader in all forms of entertainment and their related businesses across all current and emerging media and platforms. A Time Warner Company, the fully integrated, broad-based studio is home to one of the most successful collections of brands in the world and stands at the forefront of every aspect of the entertainment industry from feature film, television and home entertainment production and worldwide distribution to DVD, digital distribution, animation, comic books, video games and brand licensing, international cinemas and broadcasting.
Credit NBC Universal

*Disclamer* Project Xibalba is NOT a real project, however is intended to be treated like a real one. It's simply a large project being designed in NL2 by a team of 6 people. We hope to bring you the most innovative experience ever, and we have the technology in our hands. It all depends on the way we use it. Stay tuned for more updates. The team as of now consists of Dapalm, Donidia, BlaseRhine, Kyle Sloane and Mrcrolly*
Last edited by Blase Rhine on July 6th, 2015, 3:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Sometimes I dream of unicorns and oreos

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Love the presentation! I'm really looking forward to this!
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Whenever I see a ride with this name I think of Crazycoaster's old NL1 project named Xibalba.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

Somebody must have gotten the rights to Mel Gibsons Apocalypto on the cheap. That or Chief Nafundi of the Jungle Cruise has decided to open his own ride..

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points

Points on hand: 2,777.00 Points
Bank: 122.00 Points
Since Oscar is a nice guy, here is a CC exclusive picture:

Check out Phantasialand... you might have a competitor for the best new coaster!

JAMMY User avatar
Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator

Points on hand: 5,820.00 Points
If Universal manage to top Taron as a new ride I will be very impressed! ;)
I have no doubt they will though looking at the concept art! ;)
Favourite Park 2016:Still LISEBERG (mmm... HELIX)
Favourite Ride 2016: Still HELIX (at night)

Steam: JAMMYD777
https://twitter.com/JAMMYD778
https://www.youtube.com/JAMMYD778

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Lol putting that on the home page is quite the trick ya little tricksters...
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
YYYYAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSS
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Blase Rhine User avatar

Glad to see you all taking interest in Universal's upcoming ride!

Universal has released this teaser trailer a few hours ago. From what I can see it looks like there are words in the smoke... I wonder what it says.

ToursBegin2016teaser.png

Personally I can't wait to see Universal's next press release concerning the ride!

Points on hand: 206.00 Points

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points

As previously stated this might really give Taron a run for it's money if it's anything like the concept art. Is this real? Is this really happening?
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Yeah, we've seen a plenty of Egyptian and jungle temple themed rides so far, but as for Mayan ones, we rarely see them. Can't wait to see what Universal will do for explorers! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Looks absolutely amazing! Definitely something only a park like Universal could do!

Points on hand: 2,485.00 Points
Some blueprints for the attraction has been leaked earlier this evening, I can't seem to make much sense of it, but maybe you guys could?

Whatever it is, it looks really complicated.

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
Why is there no mention of this new ride on Themeparkreview? I am baffled by that.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
cool5 wrote:
Why is there no mention of this new ride on Themeparkreview? I am baffled by that.

We are a bit ahead on the news, it helps having an insider "in the know" with this kind of stuff. Give it a day or 2, it will show up there.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
4D Free Spin Ultra Twister? ;) I guess the lowest track is actually for a storage. This ride will use 3 long track pieces and one short "transfer" section.
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

It's hugely disappointing that this isn't real. You should take it off the homepage, or at least disclose that it's a NoLimits track and not a real life roller coaster. It comes off as unprofessional rather than a "cool advertising tactic."

Points on hand: 358.00 Points
Not to mention Universal has been using NL to advertise their rides for years jeez

Blase Rhine User avatar

GerstlCrazy wrote:
It's hugely disappointing that this isn't real. You should take it off the homepage, or at least disclose that it's a NoLimits track and not a real life roller coaster. It comes off as unprofessional rather than a "cool advertising tactic."

When we asked Oscar to put it up we asked for a day or two just to make it seem like it was a real ride being built (that's the theme we were going for). I am talking to Kyle (TTD) about fixing the problem now. Thank you for bringing it to our attention!

Not trying to be mean or anything, I want you guys to have fun with it and it's a good idea haha. But I think you'll get a better response as far as marketing an NL2 track if people know that right off the bat! Looking forward to more!

Next

Return to Hard Hat Area