Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Walt Disney World Monorail Crash 11/18/15

Walt Disney World Monorail Crash 11/18/15

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post November 18th, 2015, 3:37 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
During a planned test on the Express Line of the Magic Kingdom monorail this afternoon, some sort of accident has taken place.

Disney_World_Monorail_01.jpg
Disney_World_Monorail_01.jpg (134.65 KiB) Viewed 1455 times

Disney has since blocked all foot and vehicle traffic in the area around Disney???s Contemporary Resort and has ensured guests have no way of visibly seeing what exactly has happened. The planned test was to have the Express Line unavailable to guests all afternoon, but the apparent accident has brought all lines of the Walt Disney World Monorail System to a close. There is no word on what the accident might entail at this point.

The test was related to the TCS (Train Control System), the long-awaited automation system that might bring driver-less Monorails to Walt Disney World.

We are still trying to find out more information on the incident at this time, so stay tuned for details on any further developments as they happen.

UPDATE:

The accident did in fact take place during the test run of the TCS, but it was the tow tractor for the monorail which hit the front of the train while towing it. No one was injured and no guests were on-board as the train was not in operation.

source wdwnt

Post November 18th, 2015, 9:13 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Aaaaand this is why we test things.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post November 18th, 2015, 10:08 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
RIP HAHA
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post November 19th, 2015, 4:21 am

Points on hand: 4,118.00 Points

This is why we cant have nice things
Now usually there would be a banner image here, but i cant add one. have some random text instead

Post November 19th, 2015, 4:40 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
This is why we use test dummies! ;)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!