Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 Way to dispatch when train reaches trigger point?

Way to dispatch when train reaches trigger point?

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
Hey guys, I'm currently working on a ride which would be greatly improved if a train were to dispatch when another reaches a certain point in the track (not a block). The issue with this is the timing is not consistent due to station arrivals; and the "synchronize with" option seems to only be for other stations. Any ideas?
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
Make the minimum dispatch time match the maximum dispatch time. Then just time the ride for the point on the track.

At least that's how you could do it in NL1
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Metazoanhaddock wrote:
Make the minimum dispatch time match the maximum dispatch time. Then just time the ride for the point on the track.

At least that's how you could do it in NL1

But I'm running a 2-train coaster, and when one dispatches the other is on the track. My only block is right before the station, meaning the 2nd train arrives immediately after the 1st, but the first arrives way after the 2nd.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Points on hand: 609.00 Points

I either use extended block lengths or, if all else fails, a "dummy block" at some point to force the dispatch. It takes a bit of trial and error, but I can get it to work without flaw pretty quickly.
it is I, your average at best hand builder, Chase
Goldensnake1 wrote:
Banned for agreeing with CG Coasters.

Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
yeah, dummy blocks work wonders
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

Hold down the button that says dispatch until you see something move.

herman116 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,471.00 Points
When you create a block script for the track, the station will take care of opening and closing the restraints and gates. When this is done, normally you would turn of the brakes and start the transport wheels. But instead you could choose to let the train wait in the station until another train rides over a trigger point.

If you've never used the scripting language (or don't know any other programming languages), it can be pretty difficult but else it's pretty doable.

slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Thanks, I do know some coding so I'll look into it.

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2