Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Zumanjaro Nearly Complete at Six Flags Great Adventure

Zumanjaro Nearly Complete at Six Flags Great Adventure

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I wish I could convince someone that its worth the drive to go, I personally love drop towers. Its that tingly feeling in your toes when they're dangling that high off the ground that makes it so much fun
What are these for?

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
^ me too! I was terrified of drop towers till I was forced on Lex Luthor, then I have loved them ever since!

Points on hand: 120.00 Points

Testing was going on today with the lift full speed finally.

Also commercial shoot is happening the 25th in which i will be attending.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing! So that means we can probably expect media day to be the 26, and season pass preview on the 27, then public opening 28.

Film shoot has been postponed to a date which is undecided at the moment.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Yea, that was rumored to happen, it was being talked about like crazy on Facebook. This whole ride has been a disaster. The next possible date people are thinking is July 4.

Opening 3rd for pass holders and 4th for public. Shoot is happening a few days before.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

I personally LOVED it but am also one to favor drop rides because i just enjoy them. I probably rode about 35+ times and am going to be part of the commercial(i was chosen to sit in seats that they were filming along with closeups etc). Even 35+ rides later i want to go back and ride again, it did not get old or make me sick like any other ride would be. The drop is fun, gives butterflies the first few seconds then they go away and you think you will be breaking but it just keeps going.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

I was there this past weekend, and it was not open. Rumor has it there may be some regulatory problems which are prohibiting it's operation while Kingda Ka is running.

Kingda Ka was running, but it was breaking down about every 40-50 minutes in the time I was there.

20140621_201441.jpg

TTD03 let us know how it is if it's open when you go.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Yea Mikey, that definitely seems to be the issue of why Zumanjaro took so long. As for Kingda Ka, you just went on a bad day. The last two years it has been running with the least amount of downtime I have seen ever. In fact, I waited just 2 weeks ago in line for 2.5 hours and didn't have one delay at all. I think they are finally learning how to deal with this monster 9 years later. And yes, I'll keep you all posted about the ride and whether they are run together, separately, etc. I'll probably make another Trip Report but idk.

Zumanjaro opening is delayed since the ride has yet to be signed off by the state. They were expecting them a total of 3 different times and each time they simply did not show up.

here is the b-roll footage though from the commercial shoot

Points on hand: 5,716.00 Points
Bank: 2,500.00 Points
maybe they have to ride it to sign off, so they don't show cause they are to scared!
they guy in the red looks like he just pooped himself.
Plantoris

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

jdclga wrote:
Zumanjaro opening is delayed since the ride has yet to be signed off by the state. They were expecting them a total of 3 different times and each time they simply did not show up.

here is the b-roll footage though from the commercial shoot

Yea I am getting really tired of the state. If they were this concerned about the ride in the first place, they should have never signed off on the original plans.
For once I am not blaming Six Flags for this delay. I just hope the new season pass holder day is on the 5, 8, 9, or 10. I don't want to go on a cruise and miss out on what happens!

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
State certs are really annoying and they can be quite convoluted sometimes. Too bad the park can't really do anything about this.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Well according to rumors I have seen on the Internet, the state is coming in today (July 3) to complete the inspection. A season pass holder day for July 4 is unlikely so I could see the passholder day be the 5 and then grand opening on the 6. I'd be able to make it out there on the 8th so we will see then.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Yay, glad it's open, not happy there was no notice, especially since I heard the park was so dead that Zumanjaro riders were getting to go twice in a row :/

For the record i'll be there on the 8th or 10th so i'll be sure to take many pictures.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Zumanjaro 4.jpg
Zumanjaro 4.jpg (79.79 KiB) Viewed 3468 times

Unfortunately, Zumanjaro is currently closed for Maintenance right now according to the sixflags.com/greatadventure page. It is unknown how long the ride will be closed for but we know it has been closed for a number of days already. It seems that they may be waiting on a part to be made and sent to them from Intamin. This is really unfortunate since the season was already cut short for this ride because of opening delays and now it is being cut even shorter because of this. Hopefully it reopens soon.

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
:soz:

Just right to use this image.
Last edited by lol240 on August 30th, 2014, 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
I was really lucky to get on in while I was there. The KK / Zum combo was down for about 3 hours straight that day, and I was there for 6 hours. Got in line as soon as it opened back up and waited two cycles, rode it, got off, and it went down again. Incredible ride but they'll never get it working well because they somehow decided that Intamin was the best choice.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!