This Park is located in a wide valley besides a lake of volcanic origin. Obsidian Lake is a place where the nature's beauty of a national park meets the thrill of modern day high-tech amusement rides - with the signature ride being the massive Dueling 4D Coaster ALPHAOMEGA, which will flip and whirl you through the air in a spectacular race to enlightenment unlike anything you have experienced before.
Here I present to you my latest coaster(s), ALPHAOMEGA. You may have seen it before - on the official NoLimits Roundup 100, in which I came in on 7th place. This is the video I had posted there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDVceE22-hI
This project has been in the making (on and off) for almost 2 years. It was my first real attempt to start a bigger project in NL2 after several weeks of practicing the new hand building. I've always been fascinated by both Dueling Coasters and 4D Coasters (sadly I haven't had the chance to ride one yet) so I figured it wouldn't hurt to combine them.
ALPHAOMEGA is a moebius coaster with 2 stations, which means that both sides are essentially part of one big circuit of nearly 4000 m (13000 ft) of track and a total height difference of 74 m (240 ft). Both rides do multiple inversions, high-speed dueling maneuvers and feature a face-to-face head-first vertical drop in the beginning. Also each train has it's own synchronized soundtrack which I made by recutting soundtrack pieces from Matrix: Reloaded and Matrix: Revolutions.
- When riding, DON'T CHANGE THE SIM SPEED! It messes up the onride music and will substract from your experience.
- Yes, the existing 4D technology will not be sufficient to be used in ALPHAOMEGA, it would at least be painful to ride and cause major wearout because of it's high speeds, strong forces and numerous seat rotations. It's meant to push the boundaries of what is possible with the 4D concept while maintaining realistic G-forces, even though the real trains might not be up to it. So you might call this a part-fantasy coaster.
- The storage tracks are non-functional, but they are meant to be accessed by lowering the 2 blocks after the final brake like an elevator, which isn't possible to do within NL2
- Obviously, Lake Obsidian isn't much more than ALPHAOMEGA at this point, besides a few loosely indicated paths and two rides. I only recently decided to turn more of the surroundings into a park over time and to update it once in a while with a few smaller coasters and attractions. So stay tuned and please don't downrate for promising too much in the park description ;P
- Bestdani for the complex onride music script, testing and feedback - Baadrix for testing, feedback and lots of good advice - nSeven for the great foliage - anyone who gave me feedback on the forums, youtube or facebook - anyone dropping a constructive rating
Just wow, I knew this was good from looking at the youtube video but being able to ride it in the Sim and really take in the layout, scenery and atmosphere this Dueling rollercoaster has is seriousely impressive - I'm really really glad you've decided to upload it. The thing that really amazes me is that both tracks have completely different layouts yet still interact with each other perfectly - in so many inventive and fun ways.
The only nitpick is the stalling on the mcbr that has been mentioned, and that the other train's last seats aren't on teh catwalk (bit of a hairy evac required..!). Otherwise I can't think of anythign to change.
side note: This evoked some massive nostalgia in me of Hurricane by G Force Addict some 13 years ago (No Limits 1 creation) - another great dueling ride!
Where do I start! The dueling aspect was really cool! Both sides were different and unique which I liked. I also liked how you had music. The layouts were really cool. Also the fly-by the station was cool.
Great job and thanks for uploading this awesome coaster!
I've never seen Something like that before ! I like the layout and the ride... The duel is crazy idea and the fact that you'll be able to see the other train is amazing ! The only thing i don't like it's the fact that you can't really realize what's happening ...
Beautiful work! This is probably the best 4D Coaster I have seen made on No Limits 2. Great job! Great synch, awesome adrenaline. The rotations and very well done. The track layout, the scenery and greeny were very well executed. I don't really know what else to say It is a superb track! I can see why it made it to the top 10 of the round up Thank you for uploading this beauty to our site!
Na endlich ist das Teil mal online! Und wie ich es schon auf dem Video gesehen habe - einfach GENIAL Simon! Respekt dafür! Zum Glück habe ich mir vor 2 Wochen einen "neuen" Rechner zusammengeschustert und konnte die Bahn größtenteils sogar flüßig abfahren:
Technisch: Super, passt alles perfekt und hast du ordenlich abgestimmt! Adrenalin: Dieser Duelling Effekt ist der Hammer - wie eine richtige Verfolgungsjagd und man wird einfach nur hin und her gerissen Unikat: Ohja - Defintiv! Das sollte erstmal einer nachmachen! Realität: Tja, so wie ich es auf Facebook von NL und sogar Themepark Review gelesen habe, wollen wir ALLE so eine Bahn in der Realität haben, stelle ich mir leider etwas schwirig vor, da sich das Modell ja wohl nicht sooo gut verkaufen lässt, aber geil wäre es. ^^
Insgesammt: Eine glatte 9,5 von mir aus! Top Arbeit und ich bin auf dein nächstes Werk gespannt! Wünsche dir noch alles Gute für die Zukunft - sei es Musik oder Achterbahnen!