Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! BGW Announces New Attractions for 2011 and 2012

BGW Announces New Attractions for 2011 and 2012

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post September 18th, 2010, 8:17 pm
WES User avatar

Points on hand: 1,732.00 Points
COMING SOON: A DROP TOWER, NEW WATER SLIDE AND A COASTER
by John Reilly - President

Today is a big day for the Williamsburg theme parks.

I??????m happy to tell everyone about our two-year plan that includes five major changes between Busch Gardens and Water Country USA. This plan is the largest investment in our history, and it offers something for everyone in the family.

Many of you have asked about this, and I??????m happy to tell you we??????re expanding Christmas Town: A Busch Gardens Celebration. Beginning Nov. 26, guests will experience the flair of an Italian Christmas, featuring a golden color scheme and graceful angels as far as the eye can see. Our Italy village will leave guests with a feeling of peace on earth as the park completes the transformation into a Christmas wonderland. And the expanded Christmas Town has an expanded schedule, staying open every day after Christmas until New Year??????s Eve.

Then in 2011, Busch Gardens and Water Country USA are taking their attractions to new heights. As you enter Oktoberfest next spring, you??????ll see the massive spire known as M??????????ch Tower??????. The tallest ride in the park, M??????????ch Tower will take you 246 feet above Oktoberfest. After rotating at the top of the tower and getting a few seconds to take in the view, riders drop at breath-taking speed. State-of-the-art special effects including enhanced audio and other surprises will elevate M??????????ch Tower to new heights in ride design and engineering. This psychological thrill ride opens in the spring.

After more than 30 years, the park is updating the look and atmosphere of Oktoberfest. Restaurants, games and everything in between will be rejuvenated. You can enjoy fresh-baked pretzels and a new beer garden set amid canopies of colored maypoles and festive banners that depict the rich heritage of Bavaria.

At Water Country USA, guests are in for the slide of their lives at our epic new drop slide, Vanish Point??????. The crest of this 75-foot tower challenges guests with two wave paths. They can step into a skybox and take a plunge when the floor drops out beneath their feet, or you can brave a 300-foot speed slide that drops you straight down as soon as you enter. Either way, it??????s pure liquid adrenaline.

And now I want to tell you what we??????re planning for 2012. For more than a year, coaster fans have been speculating as to what would replace The Big Bad Wolf. I??????m excited to tell you that we are planning for a new, state-of-the-art multi-launch roller coaster that will propel riders at high-speeds through twists, turns and even more surprises. That??????s all I can tell you now, except that it will feature many ??????firsts?????? when it debuts in the spring of 2012.

We couldn??????t be more excited about what??????s planned for the next two years, and we hope you are too. To keep track of our progress, you can always follow us on this blog, Facebook and Twitter.

Source: http://www.buschgardensvablog.com/comin ... nd-coaster

Post September 18th, 2010, 8:29 pm

Points on hand: 535.00 Points
[:O]

UUUUUU...MAN, why the HELL can't we ever have anything for our name here in BGT? BGW always has to top us! ARGH!
"Don't be a disability"... yep, still keeping that. :P

Post September 18th, 2010, 10:32 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
Dude, BGT is one of the best parks in the world. I would go there over BGW any day.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post September 18th, 2010, 11:02 pm

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
Of course... BGW will make the "better" coaster than its sister park, BGT... However, the BGT coasters are still better :)

Montu > Aplengeist
Sheikra > Griffon
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post September 18th, 2010, 11:03 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

BGW is also one of the best parks in the world.

Apollo > the hyper you guys don't have

Post September 18th, 2010, 11:16 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

I actually think that BGW is so, so far ahead of BGT. Having been to both within about two months of each other, I didn't even think it was a competition, ahah.

But this does sound quite awesome. Can't wait for the new coaster to be announced.

Post September 18th, 2010, 11:51 pm

Points on hand: 1,385.00 Points
So... Cheetaka has just been upstaged. I'll be looking forward to both these new coasters though.
Originally posted by dcs221
\n"they see me trollin', they hatin'..." -Omnigeek6

Chamillionaire you are not...but white and nerdy, yes.

Post September 19th, 2010, 12:21 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points

Post September 19th, 2010, 12:57 am

Originally posted by Omnigeek6

So... Cheetaka has just been upstaged. I'll be looking forward to both these new coasters though.

Nah... Griffon was supposed to "upstage" SheiKra, yet it was the other way around.

Post September 19th, 2010, 11:08 am

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

^ Yes but think of the terrain they have vs. Florida, I think that they will make one amazing ride there.

Post September 19th, 2010, 5:17 pm

Points on hand: 747.00 Points
omygod I'm really exited to go on this new coaster. There is a program at this sleepaway camp I go to where you can go to BGW if you spend 2 weeks.

Post September 19th, 2010, 6:05 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
Originally posted by rcking04

Originally posted by Omnigeek6

Nah... Griffon was supposed to "upstage" SheiKra, yet it was the other way around.

What? Im pretty sure griffon has better ratings than sheikra. I dont see how sheikra is better.d

Post September 19th, 2010, 6:09 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Less ugly and closer to giraffes?

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post September 19th, 2010, 6:30 pm

Originally posted by Kyle Sloane
What? Im pretty sure griffon has better ratings than sheikra. I dont see how sheikra is better.d

Yeah, I rode both... Sheikra is better than Griffon in may ways

Faster loading
More terrain interaction
An interactive water brake that doesn't get cut off by the track
Better layout

Post September 19th, 2010, 11:44 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,527.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Hopefully it all turns out well, amount of visitors increases and retention of them increases as well.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post September 20th, 2010, 12:41 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Originally posted by Kyle Sloane

The only thing griffon has over Sheikra is the wider trains. Sheikra has better theming, park interaction and a tunnel.

Post September 20th, 2010, 12:50 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Any concept art pictures of the waterslide?
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post September 20th, 2010, 2:02 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Yes. Two trap door slides with maybe a 40 foot straight drop into mirrored 360* descending helices to the ground on the outsides, with two standard speed slides in the middle. Don't have a pic link.

Post September 20th, 2010, 6:23 am
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

From the concept I'd say they are Proslide's equivalent to the Aqua Loop.

http://www.proslide.com/rides_08_d.php

Post September 20th, 2010, 3:26 pm

Points on hand: 961.00 Points
Bank: 165.00 Points
BGW needs a wood coaster. That's one thing BGT has that BGW doesn't. BGW needs something like Gwazi

Post September 20th, 2010, 4:38 pm

Points on hand: 1,303.00 Points
^^^ Hmmmm... A large scale GCI project would be amazing.

Post September 26th, 2010, 10:50 am

Points on hand: 813.00 Points
It sucks that BGT is BGW's guinea pig for coasters. Understandably so. BGW has yanked more tracks than any park I know, and BGT yanked one... Python. Because it's popularity was gone. Still, Python outlasted all expectations.

BTW: Tampa's putting in a new track too. But I'm not quite agreeing with the area covered by it's footprint. It seems to overlap a few other beloved attractions.

Post September 26th, 2010, 10:56 am
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I may be at BGW in a few weeks. I'll see if I can get any construction photos there.

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!