Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Cedar Point 2018 - Steel Vengeance RMC Mean Streak

Cedar Point 2018 - Steel Vengeance RMC Mean Streak

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post February 19th, 2017, 7:53 am

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
cool5 wrote:
Is the track going to do this at the bottom of the overbank?

This is too funny, my buddy and I were saying the exact same thing haha.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post February 19th, 2017, 1:07 pm

Points on hand: 6,689.00 Points
We will find out more Saturday! Anyone else other than myself going to Chillout!?
Drummer, Guitarist, Coaster Enthusiast and a metal head??
126 Credits and counting!
Creator of MK Media on all social media platforms!

Post February 19th, 2017, 4:27 pm

Points on hand: 6,575.00 Points

This will be my first time going as a guest.
Cedar Point
2008-2015
--2015--
Beach Band- June-August
https://www.facebook.com/TrumpetDMR

Post February 23rd, 2017, 9:04 pm
yoshifreak Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 241.00 Points
More pics going around lowkey on the internet:

Gotta say this looks insane so far. The banking on the way down that hill is wild.

Post February 23rd, 2017, 9:24 pm

Points on hand: 1,598.00 Points
My god! Looks like this ride will really be something.
A man has needs and that needs is booze.

Post February 23rd, 2017, 9:27 pm

Points on hand: 3,266.00 Points
Holy WHAT
Lightning Rod|Intimidator 305|Fury 325|Twisted Timbers|Storm Chaser|Wicked Cyclone|Skyrush|Maverick|El Toro|Voyage

Post February 23rd, 2017, 9:29 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
wtf
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post February 23rd, 2017, 9:51 pm

Does anyone else think a construction worker is releasing these photos.....................there's a pair of work boots in the back BUT HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!

(Why is there an American Flag on the top............is that supposed to mean topping off?)

Post February 23rd, 2017, 9:57 pm
yoshifreak Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 241.00 Points
I'd rather not reveal the source as hopefully the pics keep coming. Haha.

One more pic from the set, little wider angle where you can see still not much done on the first drop:

Post February 23rd, 2017, 10:10 pm

^Good Idea ;) lol . If we are not able to record or capture anything on Saturday I will be surely pissed...

EDIT- Screamscape has an interesting idea though.....
So what's going on with Mean Streak? I posed the question ten days ago and The Point has been completely silent on the issue. Meanwhile construction continues on site at the park with new RMC style track being set into place, and some interesting new changes being made that promise that whatever is happening to Mean Streak will truly be something special when it does open.
But when will that be? I've had discussions with some industry experts who, like myself, thought for sure that the new coaster would be ready in 2017... but the delays, slow progress and long weeks of silence is starting to wear everyone a little thin. So will it be a 2018 opening then?
Honestly, I'm not convinced. After a brief chat with a trusted source we've come to believe that at this point it is likely not to open with the park in 2017, we think there is a chance they could open it later in the season, perhaps closer to HalloWeekends. Given that they closed Mean Streak last season with an official funeral and the reading of the last rites, wouldn't it make sense to reopen it with a new name and some kind of supernatural or ghostly creature theme. Perhaps something not unlike GhostRider at Knott's Berry Farm for example, that would be an appropriate theme for this side of the park. Plus it would be a heck of a way to get a huge surge in attendance to close out the 2017 season, and inspire early 2018 season pass sales. Just an idea...

Post February 24th, 2017, 8:12 am

Points on hand: 3,149.00 Points

^ I would love for this to happen! Seems like a plausible theory.
Coaster count: 28 1. Fury 325 2. Twisted Cyclone 3. Goliath (sfog) 4. Intimidator 5. Afterburn

Post February 24th, 2017, 9:13 am

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
I still think it's going to be for 2018. They got new coasters in 2013, "2015", and 2016. There's honestly no need to rush it for 2017 especially with a major waterpark addition. It's almost March and they have the half the lift and half of a hill done. With the potential height of this thing relative to its first airhill, the layout could be very long, and I think it'll take at least until the end of the season to finish construction. Then I'd bet CP wants it done as early as possible so that months of testing can occur in case of major issues ala Lightning Rod.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post February 24th, 2017, 9:34 am

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
Are we all forgetting that it took 2 years for Texas Giant to reopen as New Texas Giant?
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post February 24th, 2017, 9:40 am

Points on hand: 3,149.00 Points

^But that was years ago when they had just developed this technology. Now they've done multiple transformations in just a few months. Personally, I still think that it will be a 2018 opening, but it is completely possible that it could open this year towards HalloWeekends. Once it warms up in Ohio, they will be able to work more and work faster.
Coaster count: 28 1. Fury 325 2. Twisted Cyclone 3. Goliath (sfog) 4. Intimidator 5. Afterburn

Post February 24th, 2017, 9:47 am

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
True, but they are both Dinn creations with very similar designs and structures. I would still imagine it will take at least a whole year in my opinion.
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post February 24th, 2017, 10:15 am

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
I just realized that by comparing that new hill to the old, and carefully looking at the "richness" of the wood support coloring in the photo on the previous page, that they've increased the height of this hill by a LOT.

You can also reference the diagonal bents on the left side matching up and the RMC design extending higher than the old.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post February 24th, 2017, 10:54 am

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points
Honestly, I'm not convinced. After a brief chat with a trusted source we've come to believe that at this point it is likely not to open with the park in 2017, we think there is a chance they could open it later in the season, perhaps closer to HalloWeekends. Given that they closed Mean Streak last season with an official funeral and the reading of the last rites, wouldn't it make sense to reopen it with a new name and some kind of supernatural or ghostly creature theme.

They could call it Psycho Streak and theme it to that iconic horror movie. If they have the rights.
purplechicken wrote:
Once it warms up in Ohio, they will be able to work more and work faster.

So Ohio is actually experiencing a real winter as opposed to spring 0.5?

Post February 24th, 2017, 2:19 pm

Soko wrote:
So Ohio is actually experiencing a real winter as opposed to spring 0.5?

Oh yeah almost 80 near Dayton! Long story short i just read on Steel Roller Coaster Connoisseurs Facebook Page, apparently the park is seeking possible charges for these pics on the internet to whoever has them on their site........................................"potential legal finances damages"

Post February 24th, 2017, 3:12 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
Just did some math; the top-hat is around 158 feet tall give or take 8 feet. I expect the main hill will be taller because they'd have to launch it really fast at such a steep ascent angle for a shorter thing to make sense. I'm sticking with my 211-foot first hill guess from before; unless it's launched in which case I'd say around 180 feet.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post February 24th, 2017, 3:14 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Matt has the park or anyone made a public announcement about this? Or is this a rumor?
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post February 24th, 2017, 3:16 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
Why would they put a flag on it if they didn't want it to be seen?
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post February 24th, 2017, 3:49 pm

Points on hand: 2,849.00 Points
slosprint wrote:
Just did some math; the top-hat is around 158 feet tall give or take 8 feet. I expect the main hill will be taller because they'd have to launch it really fast at such a steep ascent angle for a shorter thing to make sense. I'm sticking with my 211-foot first hill guess from before; unless it's launched in which case I'd say around 180 feet.

I doubt it'll be launched because there's no block section before the incline (like the one Lightning Rod has). It's bunny hills straight into the lift incline.
Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Medusa Steel Coaster|Fury 325
Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Goliath|Coaster (Playland)

Post February 24th, 2017, 3:55 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

[Removed]

Contact Mikey for why.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post February 24th, 2017, 3:59 pm

I'm sorry for bringing it all up, just don't want the site or people on here to get in trouble.

Post February 24th, 2017, 4:01 pm

Points on hand: 67,131.00 Points
matthew6969 wrote:
I'm sorry for bringing it all up, just don't want the site or people on here to get in trouble.

Don't be sorry, you are actually being helpful. Thanks for letting us know so we could be on top of things and make sure we don't do something we're not supposed to do. We appreciate it Matthew :)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!