Board index Public Relations Contests Cutback Coaster Contest - RESULTS POSTED

Cutback Coaster Contest - RESULTS POSTED

Only official CoasterCrazy.com Contests are posted here.

Post July 13th, 2016, 11:12 pm

Points on hand: 1,319.00 Points
I hate to be that guy... but aaaaaany chance we could have a deadline extension? I noticed there was a lot of late-comers to the contest who I'm sure would appreciate more time, and my idea was a little more ambitious than I previously thought.

It wouldn't have to be a big extension, a week would be plenty.

Post July 14th, 2016, 2:02 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Post July 14th, 2016, 7:53 am

Points on hand: 4,748.89 Points
As per request, and because there were so many late-comers, the deadline has been extended to July 24th. This also means that anyone who already submitted can continue to make revisions until the 24th!
Mind Bender at SFOG is pretty great
Check out my WIP thread
Currently working on Thunderbolt, a second generation Schwarzkoph.

Post July 14th, 2016, 10:06 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points

Post July 14th, 2016, 10:52 am

Post July 14th, 2016, 11:02 am
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
we are expecting high quality entr??es
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post July 14th, 2016, 11:33 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Paradox wrote:
we are expecting high quality entr??es

Taco Bell?
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post July 14th, 2016, 2:23 pm

Points on hand: 681.00 Points
slosprint wrote:
I caught a rogue fence in the revision first uploaded, I have updated both versions (Steam and CC) with the random fence removed.

A quick question, did you make those fences yourself or download them from somewhere? If you downloaded them, where?

Also, wish I could've joined this contest but its too late for me to make a good coaster.

Post July 14th, 2016, 2:36 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
Pretendbox wrote:
slosprint wrote:
I caught a rogue fence in the revision first uploaded, I have updated both versions (Steam and CC) with the random fence removed.

A quick question, did you make those fences yourself or download them from somewhere? If you downloaded them, where?

Also, wish I could've joined this contest but its too late for me to make a good coaster.

I used Plantoris' fence pack which can be found here: http://www.coastercrazy.com/21088/Plant ... ck--Fences

Anyways, since there's been an extension, it's time to start working on some actual custom scenery. Recently I've been learning my way around Blender, and I hope I'll have something cool done by the end of the contest.

So far additions include a miniature of the ride by the ride exit:

And the beginnings of a Wyvern rib-cage engulfing the Helix (these will be textured soon, as of now they are just white geometry):
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post July 14th, 2016, 2:51 pm

Points on hand: 5,701.00 Points
Thanks for the extension. That should allow me some time to create a more interesting Eurofighter instead of the basic one I currently have.

Here's a few shots of my current design (name TBD). Since I usually prefer working within realistic constraints, I decided to go with a Eurofighter design that could potentially serve as a replacement for Knott's Berry Farm's Boomerang coaster (which is rumored to be removed after next summer). The idea was thrilling, but not overly intense to fit the more family-friendly approach the park is now going for.

Knott's Eurofighter 1.png
For those who know Knott's, this would be the view of the attraction from where Boomerang's cobra roll currently stands. The station and queue would remain the same, but the exit would be rerouted.

Knott's Eurofighter 3.png
The lift and drop. I may make this a little taller (it is currently 85 ft.), and I still need to build the support tower.

Knott's Eurofighter 2.png
This section of the ride is where Riptide was. I'm planning to redesign this a bit to be a little more interesting.

Knott's Eurofighter 4.png
This coaster's cutback occurs at the end of the ride and goes through the loop. I'm thinking of adding an MCBR so that a car can be in the cutback and in the loop at the same time.
Coaster Count: 535 (114 wood, 444 steel); Park Count: 110
Top 5 Wood: El Toro, Voyage, Thunderhead, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel: Superman the Ride, Fury 325, Millennium Force, X2, Intimidator 305

Post July 14th, 2016, 6:03 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I edited a T-rex skull to have horns and a raised back, making it like a Wyvern's. Textures to come.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post July 15th, 2016, 6:42 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ Here comes the fear of getting swallowed and a head chopper! xD
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post July 15th, 2016, 6:51 pm

one more tease because the extension on the time limit has caused me to get a liiiiiiiiittle carried away:

Post July 15th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Points on hand: 681.00 Points
Wow, all these coasters are so good! I think it will be very hard for the judge. Wish I was that good :P maybe when i get older Ill learn.

Post July 15th, 2016, 8:26 pm

Points on hand: 609.00 Points

That lift structure looks so e l e g a n t
it is I, your average at best hand builder, Chase
Goldensnake1 wrote:
Banned for agreeing with CG Coasters.

Post July 15th, 2016, 9:10 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

It looks good but tbh idk about the practicality of it. It's not very tall and it's not carrying battleships up it, it's about 130 feet (estimation), and has 2-car infinity trains. I'm not flaming but I thing the structure could be narrowed down a bit while still looking just as good. Then again I might be using reverse psychology on you since I'm your opponent.

Post July 15th, 2016, 9:42 pm

Points on hand: 5,955.00 Points
Jetstream, I'm loving your entry so far
Ok but how desperate you have to be to voluntarily fly from another country to go to Thorpe?

Post July 15th, 2016, 10:07 pm

slosprint wrote:
It looks good but tbh idk about the practicality of it. It's not very tall and it's not carrying battleships up it, it's about 130 feet (estimation), and has 2-car infinity trains. I'm not flaming but I thing the structure could be narrowed down a bit while still looking just as good. Then again I might be using reverse psychology on you since I'm your opponent.

I totally agree with you, actually. But, after trying many different size options (ranging from much smaller and much larger than what you see in the picture, I decided I wanted a beam that is a bit wider than the track itself, and any thinner of a beam looked silly.

So basically, I know it's kinda overkill, but I went with it for aesthetic reasons hahaha :lol:

Post July 16th, 2016, 7:14 pm
XLR8R User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,273.01 Points
I'm probably going to be in last place with my submission.
Storm Chaser | Intimidator 305 | Lightning Run | Twisted Colossus | Maverick | El Toro | Millennium Force | Xcelerator | El Loco | Magnum XL-200
Coaster Count: 154 - Last Credit: Ragin' Cajun (Six Flags America)

Post July 16th, 2016, 8:56 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Added lights, fog, LoDs and textures to the skull, still having issues with the ribs.

Post July 17th, 2016, 10:27 am
XLR8R User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,273.01 Points
My entry:

Storm Chaser | Intimidator 305 | Lightning Run | Twisted Colossus | Maverick | El Toro | Millennium Force | Xcelerator | El Loco | Magnum XL-200
Coaster Count: 154 - Last Credit: Ragin' Cajun (Six Flags America)

Post July 17th, 2016, 10:49 am

Points on hand: 5,955.00 Points
I r8 it 9/11

gud roler coster.
Ok but how desperate you have to be to voluntarily fly from another country to go to Thorpe?

Post July 17th, 2016, 6:43 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Final version will be out in the next couple days.

Post July 19th, 2016, 10:16 am
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Currently running cloth simulations for the roof of a custom station.

Post July 19th, 2016, 3:13 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Dev-Con wrote:
As per request, and because there were so many late-comers, the deadline has been extended to July 24th. This also means that anyone who already submitted can continue to make revisions until the 24th!

Oh yay, that means I have 5 days to work on it! Totally forgot about this due my coastertrip. :lol:
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

PreviousNext

Return to Contests