Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Project Krakatoa - Back to the exterior

Project Krakatoa - Back to the exterior

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Love what you did with the rocks there.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 2,777.00 Points
Bank: 122.00 Points
Well, you can download it now!

http://www.coastercrazy.com/20802/Hraesvelgr-BETA

Sorry for the lazy description, but it's 5am here and I need to go to bed. Will edit it tomorrow! Please, read the description, post bugs and leave a rate!

Edit: More info: I'm recording a new video, as I think it's the best way to experience a ride. I'll upload it as soon as possible.

Hey guys! Hraesvelgr's video is up. I recommend you watching even if you've already downloaded the ride, as you'll get a completely lag free experience.

To all of you who downloaded the ride, how is performance? Hope you like it!

TallonD83 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 355.00 Points
Bank: 4,476.00 Points
Okay, I REALLY want to do some car textures for your next project if you will let me. Or this one... :)
You have absolutely everything else going right in everything that you do, I think a custom texture would really kick your videos over the believability line into "is that real?" land.

And the video was AMAZING. I was able to walk around most of the park in wonder without hardly any lag as well.

^ Sure! I'll pm you at some point next week! Btw, could you post your computer specs? Thanks!

TallonD83 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 355.00 Points
Bank: 4,476.00 Points
dell optiplex 790 desktop
core i7-2600 cpu @ 3.4 GHz
16 GB memory
nVidia GeForce GT630
not the most powerful graphics card, but I think my RAM offsets that with NL2

also, I did something for Hr??svelgr :

Wow, I absolutely love it! I may use it as the ride logo, as I wasn't very happy with the one I did (photoshop skills aren't my best :) Couls you add the name in gold (Wodan style). Would be very appreciated!

Points on hand: 5,149.54 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

TallonD83 wrote:
dell optiplex 790 desktop
core i7-2600 cpu @ 3.4 GHz
16 GB memory
nVidia GeForce GT630
not the most powerful graphics card, but I think my RAM offsets that with NL2

also, I did something for Hr??svelgr :

Did you make that? That's amazing!

And Dapalm, that video is crazy realistic! If I didn't know any better, I swear that could be real footage. Awesome job on both the coaster and the video :D

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Babieca and boomerang aren't themed.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Let me fix that for you :)

Paradox wrote:
Babieca and boomerang aren't themed yet

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
TTD03 wrote:
excepted

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Hr??svelgr's insanely awesome! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post January 27th, 2017, 1:14 pm

Well, the 2.5 update has really make me come back. The devs made a wonderful job, now NL2 looks a lot better! Not only that, but performance is been improved. So, I've been working on this Intamin accelerator for a few days and will soon turn it into a full park. It won't be a very detailed park, but more like the 3dVip animations (detailed buildings next to the coasters and boxes with textures for the rest of the park). The park will feature 3 coasters:

- B&M Launched Sitdown.

- GCI Wooden

- Intamin accelerator. This is the only one I've already made, but I will probably work on the track a bit more, as the flying snake dive currently breaks the pacing. So here are the pictures and the PoV:

Post January 27th, 2017, 4:35 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Post January 28th, 2017, 6:06 pm

Love how Intamin hardcore coasters try rocking riders back and forth in a pleasing way! :D

Post January 30th, 2017, 7:27 pm

Thanks guys! Well, a small change from the original plan... I've decided to add an Intamin Mega. Pretty happy with how it turned out, however, I will continue improving the trackwork, so I would like to know what parts do you think that could be improved!

Statistics:

- Height: 69,5m
- Drop: 67,5m
- Lenght: 1845m
- 12 Airtime moments (-1,5G max)

So here are a few pictures and the PoV:

Hope you like it :)

Post January 31st, 2017, 4:42 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Very visually impressive. I thought the entrance to the high turn early on in the ride felt a little pumpy - especially compared with the rest of the ride!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post January 31st, 2017, 12:23 pm

Here comes Millennium Forest! :D

Post February 1st, 2017, 7:20 pm

@Mkingy Which one, the overbank? If so, I agree it needs some work. Thanks!
@lol240 Not anymore...

So... I wasn't too happy with how the park was looking, so I went back to the drawing board and... I'm a lot happier with how it looks now. Although the Accelerator isn't in the park yet there is space for it, and the park has been designed with future expansions in mind. Here are some pics:

* The coaster won't be named Dragon, I just used the sign I made for Peak Point (and also one of the buildings). I'm still searching for a name, for both the coaster and the park. Any help here would be really appreciated!

Post February 1st, 2017, 10:02 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
How do you build so quickly? It looks awesome. I just can't fathom how you find the time to make much of a change so fast.
What are these for?

Post February 2nd, 2017, 2:43 am

^ In fact it's not as difficult as everyone seems to think. There are only a few custom objects used in that park (the roofs and columns used for the queue and station, two buildings, the coaster's sign and the coloured planters). The rest of the things are available online and everybody can use them in their parks. Here is the method I use:

- Planning: it's one of the most important steps if no the most. I usually think about how I want everything placed and then draw it in a paper. Having a clear idea of what you're going to do makes everything faster. The first few times you'll have a lot of scaling problems and that kind of stuff, but once you get some experience you'll get really close to what you're going to do.

- Custom scenery sets: it surprises me how few people actually uses this. As opposed to NL1, people actually cares about the environment of the coaster (while in NL1 people used to make a coaster in a green field), so sets like rocks or trees are used. But there are more:
. ByeTom's Paths: these are incredibly useful. I've seen some people using them in their parks, but I haven't seen anyone use them in their full potential. The thing is, through NL2 SCO and Material editor you can change the texture of the paths and make them look anything you want. The key to do this is copy pasting them for each texture you want to use.
. NL2 Library: specially with the new update there are a lot of things that are great. Fences, benches, trashcans... I usually save the object I want to use with a different name so I can place, recolor and scale them exactly how I want with just a few clicks. Also useful for foliage.
. Flat rides: there are a lot of them made by the community, some of them recolorable and really nice.
. If you don't know/want how to model you can always download some buildings from SketchUp Warehouse. Not as good as making your custom buildings, but a lot better than nothing.

So, the first times doing this you won't be as fast, but the finished product will be well worth it. But once you've made it a few times, everything will be faster and easier!

Post February 2nd, 2017, 5:21 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
The area around the ride looks really fantastic, realistic, and stellar. It reminds me of a Cedar Fair/Kentucky Kingdomish hybrid. The area "feels" nice. Great color choices.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post February 6th, 2017, 12:24 pm

^ Thanks!

So work on the park continues... I think I'll be able to finish it in 2-3 weeks (except the redesigned coasters). Then it will be turned into some kind of story park, starting on the year when the park built the Mega Coaster. I'm trying to use as little custom scenery as possible, and up to this moment it's working pretty good. Here are the most current shots:

Hope you like it :)

PreviousNext

Return to Hard Hat Area