Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Project Krakatoa - Back to the exterior

Project Krakatoa - Back to the exterior

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post February 8th, 2017, 8:57 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
I need to name this park... Lego "Big Thrill" Land as well, because of "colorful" items seen everywhere! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post February 22nd, 2017, 5:30 pm

Points on hand: 2,777.00 Points
Bank: 122.00 Points

I had some fun playing with "TheCreativeStudio" awesome Furius Baco trains... This was the result (everything made in under 5 hours :)

Post February 22nd, 2017, 9:50 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
That was neat. It reminded me a ton of Furious Baco, but it was nice to see it do something besides turn lol. Shame Baco is super vibratey from what I've heard.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post February 23rd, 2017, 8:15 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
I like that design a lot Dapalm. Within the style but still original. The transition into the roll at the end was my favorite part, but it was all well done.

Post February 23rd, 2017, 1:14 pm

@Coasterkidmwm it was really painful last time I rode it (back in 2012), which is a shame, as it was an awesome ride in the opening year. Anyway, it will always have a special place in my heart, as it was the first big coaster I rode!

@dcs221 thanks! Would have liked to make a non heartlined roll like the real ride has, but it's impossible in FVD. Pretty happy with how it turned out though.

So I will be releasing a very small park with the wing rider and a prefab next week. Until then, here is the pov of the new ride:

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Yeah I thought it was a bit odd that it had that heartline. I would expect Baco's entire track has the same heartline height, but I don't know for sure. That would've been my process if I were to make a ride of that style though.

I remade the ending part of the Prefab, as it was a bit shorter than the real ones. I might rework it again to bring it closer to the ground though. Anyway, click on the last picture for the PoV

Post February 25th, 2017, 8:42 am

^ That Wingrider is, I guess, the mixture of SkyRush and StormRunner, rather than Furious Baco which is based off on "ground-hugging or swooping" turns, specially for the sensation of speed. I would start falling for that El "Balder" Toro woodie as well! You're awesome at lowering the ride intensity when you want to finish having the ride run like crazy on (sometimes, twisty) hills!

:D Props to your attempts! :D

Post February 26th, 2017, 8:09 pm

Points on hand: 3,123.00 Points
That prefab is a lot of fun. Nice job with that. Its not the wildest layout I've seen, but it's really well FVDd in the prefab style and looks appropriately juiced up with air.

Post February 27th, 2017, 1:21 pm

Thank you guys! You summed up what I thought about my ride pretty well :)

So, before the next update on this park (which will come later this week), I've got some hours to spend in FVD, so I started an Intamin (again) Multi Launch coaster... I wanted to make a more intense version of Cheetah Hunt, keeping the out and back layout as well as the "tree element" (though it isn't taken at low speed and this one plays around a mountain). Here is the section between the first launch and the MCBR:

Post February 28th, 2017, 7:06 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Looks incredibly intense! I felt the flow felt a little forced in sections (entry to the first tunnel to a lesser extent and the final element to a greater extent) but otherwise looked really good and fast.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post February 28th, 2017, 7:36 pm

^ I have to disagree there... Intamin makes transitions that feel forced a lot of times, and it gives a lot of character to their designs!

Project Krakatoa is back! You may remember that name from a B&M launched sitdown I posted a lot of time ago. Well, Blase Rhine took over that concept, but I still like the idea, so I've decided to continue it with this coaster. Here are some facts:

- 3 Launches (70, 115 and 120km/h)
- Lenght: 2009m
- Height: 59m
- Beyond vertical drop
- 2 Inversions

Layout:

POV:

PLEASE NOTE that supports and scenery are very wip

Post February 28th, 2017, 9:43 pm
Blase Rhine User avatar

Points on hand: 30,499.00 Points

Hell yes! I absolutely love that intamin and of course I love the theme for it ;)

Your shaping looks incredible as well and I am really excited to see what comes of the rest of the project!
Sometimes I dream of unicorns and oreos

Post March 4th, 2017, 4:53 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Dapalm wrote:
^ I have to disagree there... Intamin makes transitions that feel forced a lot of times, and it gives a lot of character to their designs!

Each to their own - I much prefer the parts of Intamin that flow well rather than those parts that look like set-ups for set piece elements (ie. the forced lead in to the overbank vs the section just after that part)

Anyways full POV still looks great and the rockwork looks really well done :)
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post March 4th, 2017, 10:46 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Looks very good. Reminds me of a Maverick/Cheetah Hunt crossbreed, especially the ending half of Maverick.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post March 9th, 2017, 7:06 pm

Not a lot happened this week, lot of work that didn't let me play NL2 :(, but I worked a bit on the entry and the volcano:

Fun fact: more than 500 rocks have been used to make the volcano, and there's still a 75% to do!

Post March 13th, 2017, 4:43 pm

Quick recreation I made to give some park feeling to this project. It wasn't supposed to be a 100% recreation, but I'm still pretty happy with how it turned out. I used the rocket coaster train as it's more similar to the real thing than the Mega coaster one in NL2.

POV:

After supporting it (now there are only prefabs on the track) I will put it up to download, so people can use it in their own parks :)

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points
I assumed 'Krakatoa' was the name of the Mega-lite, then I saw the LSM coaster was also titled that. I don't see how the rocket trains resemble the real thing more than the hyper trains. They don't even have the holes in the front.

Soko wrote:
I assumed 'Krakatoa' was the name of the Mega-lite, then I saw the LSM coaster was also titled that. I don't see how the rocket trains resemble the real thing more than the hyper trains. They don't even have the holes in the front.

Mega Lite trains have an independent zero car with an extra set of wheels that allow the train to maneuver through tighter spaces, just as the rocket trains.

NL2's Mega coaster trains are based in the first generation of Intamin trains (found on the SROS clones), and while they look more similar and have very similar seats and restraints they would be a poor choice for such a small track.

Anyway, the ride is designed to use the hyper trains (heartline of 0,9m, I'm using the rocket trains with a custom heartline), so when the ride it's released you'll be able to choose your desirable train style with a couple of clicks :)

As for the name, Project Krakatoa is just that, a project. Rides will have individual names!

^ Any reason why you didn't make the second hill parabolic? Just wondering like that, though I find the whole layout to be freakin' realistic, even compared to the actual "Megalite" model!

Had plenty of fun watching your POV, thanks! :D

Remember that park that had an Intamin Wing Rider and a Prefab? Well, a new friend just joined (and I won't be able to call it Intamin's Park again :P). Funny thing about this B&M coaster is I dreamed the layout. It had Alpengeist's colors, but the layout is 90% straight from my dream.

So, this is an old school B&M Inverted called Uluma. It features 7 inversions and a lenght of 1100m (Will post more statistics later, I don't have access to the file right now). So, in Sri Lanka, Ulama (or the devil bird) is some kind of owl that is supposed to make terrifying human screams. It's kind like a banshee but in owl.

I'll leave you with some pictures:

So it's taking longer than what I originally planned, but there will be more things. Now the general park layout is made, so only queues and scenery is left. Hope you like it :)

P.D: everyone, download NL2Advanced flat rides! They're awesome and fully customizable :)

Post March 22nd, 2017, 1:38 pm
herman116 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,471.00 Points

Post March 22nd, 2017, 2:52 pm

Points on hand: 2,849.00 Points
It looks great! I'd consider tightening up the shape of that loop a bit though. You want it more like Raptor and less like Patriot, if you know what I mean
Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Medusa Steel Coaster|Fury 325
Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Goliath|Coaster (Playland)

Post March 22nd, 2017, 5:40 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
Looks great, funny enough about dreaming it. I actually sketched a very similar layout during my class today.
What are these for?

Post March 23rd, 2017, 7:31 am

I personally like the S-Curve into the MCBR better than a straight section into the same spot! A minor but an important thing that I did notice!

What an awesome Invert! :D

PreviousNext

Return to Hard Hat Area