Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Efteling 2020 - Max & Moritz: Mack Family Coasters

Efteling 2020 - Max & Moritz: Mack Family Coasters

Theme Park Construction And News Forum


Posts: 133
Points on hand: 387.00 Points
Location: United States of America
Translated from Efteling’s blog post:
“This week: Bob open again
From Thursday 11 October you can take another ride in the Bobsleigh run. The extensive investigation into the faults has now been completed. Coen Bertens, Director Park, says about the decisions made: "The Bob is a popular attraction with its own character. I am happy that our guests will be able to make rounds in the roller coaster again this week, precisely because it often offers the first roller coaster experience for children. As long as we can guarantee the safety and comfort of the ride experience, the Bob will stay open. However, it has now become known that this will be for some time. The necessary adjustments for the future and the fact that similar roller coasters are no longer delivered, have led Efteling to find and find an alternative. "
New in 2020: roller coaster Max & Moritz
After more than 34 years, the Bob makes way for a new rollercoaster for the whole family: Max & Moritz. It will be a double roller coaster especially for children between 4 and 10 years old (from 1 meter in size). The current Swiss theming and the station building of the Bobbaan are retained. In September 2019, construction work will commence for the new roller coaster, which will cost EUR 15 million. The attraction Max & Moritz opens in the spring of 2020. The supplier of the job is the German manufacturer Mack Rides.
Max and Moritz are two boys from the famous German poem from 1865, who make their village unsafe by removing a number of areas where the villagers become the victims. The Efteling uses this story as inspiration for the new roller coaster.
View the sketch of Max & Moritz in higher resolution.”

This sounds like it’s a MACK dueling family launch or dueling powered coaster given the layout and the picture (https://www.efteling.com/nl/blog/nieuws ... rvangt-bob.) Still awesome that they’re building 3 more coasters by 2021, we knew Bob was going someday but this is surprisingly soon. RIP Intamin Bobsleds
1. Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Six Flags Over Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix

Out of 139 creds


Posts: 142
Points on hand: 2,229.00 Points
Location: Taking last rides on Robin Hood
Drawings provided by the park:
Image

Image

Image
Also clearly seen here is that the current Bob entrance will be blocked off by a big door

It doesn't really surprise me that Bob is leaving next year. The ride had a lot of downtime last years. For example: this year it operated only in April and May. Sure I'll miss it as it was a fun ride, but I'm looking forward to these two
GCI = <3


Posts: 142
Points on hand: 2,229.00 Points
Location: Taking last rides on Robin Hood
Kw6sTheater wrote:
This sounds like it’s a MACK dueling family launch or dueling powered coaster given the layout and the picture

There will be two tracks, but the trains will not duel. This has been confirmed by the park. Not weird since they already have a dueling GCI
GCI = <3


Posts: 1932
Points on hand: 6,953.00 Points
Location: Lake Placid

Sad news, I always loved seeing pictures of all the trees around Bob.
Hope they do not have to remove too many for this.

mkingy User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Posts: 5320
Points on hand: 27,569.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Location: United Kingdom
Austin wrote:
Sad news, I always loved seeing pictures of all the trees around Bob.
Hope they do not have to remove too many for this.


I suppose it would depend on the new layout vs. old but the concept art certainly suggests a decent amount of foliage. At the very least it'll be an Alton Towers job where they plant a bunch of new, young trees to replace those they remove so in a few years time it retains the effect.

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Posts: 13071
Points on hand: 2,817.50 Points
Bank: 42,000.00 Points
Location: Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
It's sad to see this ride leave. I really hoped to see something similar was coming back but too bad they're going for the generic family/junior coasters.

Isn't Mack still building bobsled coasters as well? It feels like a better idea to me that they would have replaced it with something like that. Although the biggest wish would have been a poke to Knoebels for a wooden bob. <3
Coastercount: 1131 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 133
- Steel: 998


Posts: 133
Points on hand: 387.00 Points
Location: United States of America
Dirk_Ermen wrote:
It's sad to see this ride leave. I really hoped to see something similar was coming back but too bad they're going for the generic family/junior coasters.

Isn't Mack still building bobsled coasters as well? It feels like a better idea to me that they would have replaced it with something like that. Although the biggest wish would have been a poke to Knoebels for a wooden bob. <3


Then Project B would’ve become Project 2027.
1. Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Six Flags Over Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix

Out of 139 creds

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Posts: 13071
Points on hand: 2,817.50 Points
Bank: 42,000.00 Points
Location: Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
Kw6sTheater wrote:
Dirk_Ermen wrote:
It's sad to see this ride leave. I really hoped to see something similar was coming back but too bad they're going for the generic family/junior coasters.

Isn't Mack still building bobsled coasters as well? It feels like a better idea to me that they would have replaced it with something like that. Although the biggest wish would have been a poke to Knoebels for a wooden bob. <3


Then Project B would’ve become Project 2027.

Nah, I'd say something like 2021. As they now have certain knowledge which they didn't have when they started.
Coastercount: 1131 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 133
- Steel: 998


Return to Theme Park News & Construction!

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post