Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Efteling 2020 - Max & Moritz: Mack Family Coasters

Efteling 2020 - Max & Moritz: Mack Family Coasters

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 1,304.00 Points
Translated from Efteling???s blog post:
???This week: Bob open again
From Thursday 11 October you can take another ride in the Bobsleigh run. The extensive investigation into the faults has now been completed. Coen Bertens, Director Park, says about the decisions made: "The Bob is a popular attraction with its own character. I am happy that our guests will be able to make rounds in the roller coaster again this week, precisely because it often offers the first roller coaster experience for children. As long as we can guarantee the safety and comfort of the ride experience, the Bob will stay open. However, it has now become known that this will be for some time. The necessary adjustments for the future and the fact that similar roller coasters are no longer delivered, have led Efteling to find and find an alternative. "
New in 2020: roller coaster Max & Moritz
After more than 34 years, the Bob makes way for a new rollercoaster for the whole family: Max & Moritz. It will be a double roller coaster especially for children between 4 and 10 years old (from 1 meter in size). The current Swiss theming and the station building of the Bobbaan are retained. In September 2019, construction work will commence for the new roller coaster, which will cost EUR 15 million. The attraction Max & Moritz opens in the spring of 2020. The supplier of the job is the German manufacturer Mack Rides.
Max and Moritz are two boys from the famous German poem from 1865, who make their village unsafe by removing a number of areas where the villagers become the victims. The Efteling uses this story as inspiration for the new roller coaster.
View the sketch of Max & Moritz in higher resolution.???

This sounds like it???s a MACK dueling family launch or dueling powered coaster given the layout and the picture (https://www.efteling.com/nl/blog/nieuws ... rvangt-bob.) Still awesome that they???re building 3 more coasters by 2021, we knew Bob was going someday but this is surprisingly soon. RIP Intamin Bobsleds
1. Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Six Flags Over Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix

Out of 139 creds

Points on hand: 4,433.00 Points
Drawings provided by the park:

Also clearly seen here is that the current Bob entrance will be blocked off by a big door

It doesn't really surprise me that Bob is leaving next year. The ride had a lot of downtime last years. For example: this year it operated only in April and May. Sure I'll miss it as it was a fun ride, but I'm looking forward to these two
*Likes Taron, Untamed, Troy and Colorado Adventure a lot*

Kw6sTheater wrote:
This sounds like it???s a MACK dueling family launch or dueling powered coaster given the layout and the picture

There will be two tracks, but the trains will not duel. This has been confirmed by the park. Not weird since they already have a dueling GCI

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

Sad news, I always loved seeing pictures of all the trees around Bob.
Hope they do not have to remove too many for this.

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Austin wrote:
Sad news, I always loved seeing pictures of all the trees around Bob.
Hope they do not have to remove too many for this.

I suppose it would depend on the new layout vs. old but the concept art certainly suggests a decent amount of foliage. At the very least it'll be an Alton Towers job where they plant a bunch of new, young trees to replace those they remove so in a few years time it retains the effect.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
It's sad to see this ride leave. I really hoped to see something similar was coming back but too bad they're going for the generic family/junior coasters.

Isn't Mack still building bobsled coasters as well? It feels like a better idea to me that they would have replaced it with something like that. Although the biggest wish would have been a poke to Knoebels for a wooden bob. <3
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Dirk_Ermen wrote:
It's sad to see this ride leave. I really hoped to see something similar was coming back but too bad they're going for the generic family/junior coasters.

Isn't Mack still building bobsled coasters as well? It feels like a better idea to me that they would have replaced it with something like that. Although the biggest wish would have been a poke to Knoebels for a wooden bob. <3

Then Project B would???ve become Project 2027.
1. Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Six Flags Over Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix

Out of 139 creds

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Kw6sTheater wrote:
Dirk_Ermen wrote:

Then Project B would???ve become Project 2027.

Nah, I'd say something like 2021. As they now have certain knowledge which they didn't have when they started.

Traintastic26 News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 7,584.00 Points
Accoring to this looopings article, two things have been confirmed about the Max & Moritz:

1. The coasters will run in opposite directions

2. It will be a pair of Mack Powered coasters

https://www.looopings.nl/weblog/11199/D ... eling.html

I knew it would be a pair of powered creds from the start, and confirmed by IAAPA... neat that they???ll run in opposite directions

Out of 139 creds

News Writer

Bob took it's last rides yesterday and has now closed, although clearing had already started behind it:

Also, heres the logo for the new coasters:

So now with Bob closed, it shouldn't be to long before we start seeing it come down.

Source:

https://twitter.com/eftel_straat/status ... 2847432705

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1140258738873491457

https://www.looopings.nl/weblog/12659/D ... oritz.html

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Those are still some older pictures. On the last operation day basically all trees around the coaster were taken down:

010919bobkaal9[1].jpg

010919bobkaal3[1].jpg

010919bobkaal1[1].jpg

010919bobkaal5[1].jpg

010919bobkaal7a[1].jpg

010919bobkaal2[1].jpg

010919bobkaal4[1].jpg

Seeing that without all the trees is just so... weird

Meanwhile, the queue line and the photo booth have been demolished

Also, Coen Bertens, the operational director of the park, said in this dutch podcast that Max + Moritz will have a capacity of 1800 guests per hour
https://themetalk.nl/2019/09/03/themetalk-086-dag-mooie-bob/ (around 19:35)

The ride itself is coming down

The entire Bob has been torn down

Footers are coming in and the former Bob station is being renovated for Max + Moritz

Source: https://www.looopings.nl/weblog/13051/Fundering-van-nieuwe-Efteling-achtbaan-Max--Moritz-wordt-zichtbaar.html

Also, plans have been uncovered for the station building and the layout of the rollercoasters

Source: https://www.looopings.nl/weblog/12978/Fotos-onthullen-geheimen-van-nieuwe-Efteling-achtbaan.html

The first track pieces have arrived and supports are going up.

The park will upload the first making off Max + Moritz on their IGTV (Instagram) and Youtube tomorrow

(English subtitles available)

New artwork has been released as well:

Official stats released by the park
Height: 6 m / 19.7 ft
Max. speed: 36 km/h / 22.4 mph
Length: 300 m / 984 ft
Track pieces: 60 in total
Supports: 212 in total

Construction is well underway with the first track being installed today

Source: https://www.efteling.com/nl/blog/backstage/20200106-opbouw-baan-max-moritz
Last edited by RCT3andNL2stuff on January 17th, 2020, 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Installation of both 300 m/984 ft long tracks has been completed

https://www.looopings.nl/weblog/13580/Mijlpaal-nieuwe-achtbaan-Efteling-is-compleet.html

Making off 3 with an interview with Mack engineers

Points on hand: 1,111.00 Points
Okay but who let a powered coaster look this awesome
// 1. Intimidator 305 // 2. Kumba // 3. Twisted Timbers // 4. Goliath (SFoG) // 5. Mako //

"I am a bright and colorful pinata and God is a 13 year old birthday boy whose parents have just announced their divorce"

Dombot wrote:
Okay but who let a powered coaster look this awesome

Don't tell the Efteling fans :D , M+M is already labeled as the most ugly part of Efteling by some partially because of it's colors

News Writer

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,033.00 Points
Someone did a fantastic recreation of Max & Moritz in Planet Coaster! :)

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!