Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Frank Madere's Wonder Pier

Frank Madere's Wonder Pier

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post February 24th, 2019, 12:53 am

Points on hand: 1,054.00 Points
Hello, I'd like to share with you my next project; an amusement park set atop a pier. The main attraction, a Gravity Group hybrid shuttle roller coaster, is set among several thrill rides and intertwines with the rest of the pier to make a unique sprawling atmosphere.
screenshot-2019-02-24-00-05-27.png

The woodie needs a name.. I like the color of the supports, handrails, and catwalks, but the cars would need to be changed to match the theme. Any suggestions?
screenshot-2019-02-23-23-53-44.png

While the woodie is the focus, I do want to flesh out the remaining space on the pier; such as queue lines, lights, benches, trashcans, stalls, restrooms, and so on. The inside of the arcade will likely stay blank, partly to save frames and partly because it'll never get done if I fill in every detail I can think of. Things that are priority will be things you can see from the woodie and the queue lines associated with it.
screenshot-2019-02-23-23-56-05.png

The roller coaster rides just as much backward, if not more, than it does forward. Lots of quick airtime moments, some floater some ejector, and a few moments of laterals are met with fast pacing overall. Some of the ride was made with force sections, some with geometric; mostly it was a matter of a specific piece of the track. Getting the shaping right was an interesting process, but I think I've done an alright job emulating their style.

I have a good foundation for what I want, with trackwork I'm really happy with, so it'll just be a matter of staying motivated to finish the details of this project.

Post March 1st, 2019, 12:46 am

Points on hand: 1,054.00 Points
Progress.
screenshot-2019-03-01-00-15-30.png

screenshot-2019-03-01-00-18-24.png

screenshot-2019-03-01-00-20-36.png

I also think I'll be naming the ride "Blacktip" for the blacktip reef shark that lurks in some of the Pacific waters outside California. The cars are blue for now (not turquoise); ambition says I'll make a cartexture, perhaps with a logo, we'll see what reality says when I get there. :P
The sunset direction happens to line up with a California coastal location, so for now we'll just call it Southern California. I'll snoop around for a cozy bay or something in that area to emulate.

Post March 2nd, 2019, 2:02 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,025.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Looks cute so far. I take it the woodie is based off of that Switchback ride?
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Return to Hard Hat Area