Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Help with sound scripting

Help with sound scripting

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post April 13th, 2015, 7:27 am

Points on hand: 366.00 Points
Each day I'm learning more about NL, I found out that I may do scripts to do several things in the sim, but I need to know programming language and I have NO IDEA how to make a script
I'm working on a themed park that I plan to release in a couple months. One of the coasters I didn't like it to be in the park, so it became a leftover of this park and turned into a solo track. This track I may release it in a weeks, I already have ideas to do the theme and the layout is almost finished
What I want to do is the next:

I want to play a defined sound that comes from a 3d model when the train passes a certain point, these sounds last from 2 to 4 seconds and there might be 3 or 4 sounds along the track.
What do I need to do a script and put a trigger on the track to play that sound?
Is it hard to do it? Do I really need to know programming language?
Is there any pre defined script so I can do that? Are there tutoriarls inside NL to do it?

Excuse my english
Thanx!
No hay limites!

Post April 14th, 2015, 2:09 am
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Yes triggers are your friend. I would set them up first in preparation. As for the script I jumped into this a while ago but have since forgotten how to do it. I'll dig around and see if I can find anything.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post April 20th, 2015, 5:48 pm

Points on hand: 366.00 Points

Return to Hard Hat Area