Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! WICKED Cyclone - Six Flags New England 2015

WICKED Cyclone - Six Flags New England 2015

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Well there are no guarantees yet, but Six Flags New England posted this video this morning.

In my opinion, this has 2 ways of going down. Number 1, it could be like Rolling Thunder and just be destroyed, or Number 2, it could be turned into Iron Cyclone. So what do you think it will be?

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Storms out implies destroyed to be honest. Unless Six Flags have a deal with RMC for multiple coasters in which case who knows!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
You don't promote destruction. I'm betting it gets I-boxed. These ride replacements are a great way for SF to have a new ride while simultaneously cutting the maintenance budget (assuming RMC's are cheaper than a wooden track overall).

This ride like Colossus at SFMM is already pretty heavily neutered anyways but it's still not great to see it go.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points
Does Six Flags think every single new ride ever needs to cater specifically to thrill seekers or what? I just hope the I-Box epidemic doesn't tip the balance of fun stuff for everyone, thrill seeker or not.

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Well Cyclone has become significantly rougher and they have done renovations, but the coaster just doesn't have the thrill factor it did. If they do Iron Horse it SFNE will become the gimmicky Six Flags that exist elsewhere because the rides at SFNE are not too extreme other than Bizarro. If they do destroy it, they have expansion space for something new. Honestly, they should keep this ride and destroy Mind Eraser.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
SkyArrow, what about all the new rides that don't cater to thrillseekers? Over the last few years there were Skyscreamers, Tsunami Soakers, Ragin Cajun, kids area expansions, a Hurricane Harbor, the safari conversion at GAdv, new shows, Flying Scooters, etc.

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
I am going to miss this ride so much. If it is torn down I probably cannot bring myself to watch it being destroyed. On the other hand, if they demolished Mind Eraser I would watch that on repeat until I run out of popcorn :D
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 680.00 Points
Bank: 1,513.00 Points
I don't think it will be transformed into Iron Cyclone.
It's not tall enough or fast enough, to push up the height, it'll just be too much work. They'll probably get rid of it and put in a coaster like Goliath RMC. But this news makes me worry about Colossus, before I was sure it would get an RMC conversion, but now I don't know. Would they really do 2 RMC conversions, or 1 but promote that both rides are done. I'm getting excited and worried for the fate of both coasters.

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I personally have no problems with these redesigns, I just wish they wouldn't do it to all the older rides.
What are these for?

Points on hand: 2,153.00 Points
i honestly think there going to destroy it and put in a new ride in its place,

like other people said, it looks like it doesnt have the height like ntag does so i honestly dont think it would work but could see it being removed for a bigger ride

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Note that it's taller and significantly longer than Medusa.

Points on hand: 1,115.00 Points
Helo9797 wrote:
I don't think it will be transformed into Iron Cyclone.
It's not tall enough or fast enough, to push up the height, it'll just be too much work.

Who says they'd have to? They certainly didn't in Mexico, and that ride is pretty close in terms of height/length to the Cyclone.

^
Checking more carefully your right. There does seem to be a lot of room for I-Box elements.

Points on hand: 1,115.00 Points
dcs221 wrote:
Note that it's taller and significantly longer than Medusa.

The actual running length is only about 200-300ft longer. Rememer SFNE Cyclone has a looooong brakerun originally setup for skids, and a not-especially-tight 180 pre-lift turn vs the fairly compact 90 on medusa. SFNE Cyclone is also about 10ft taller.

Points on hand: 204.00 Points
Bank: 3,034.00 Points
That looooong breakerun is probably eye candy for those looking at ride conversions. Since RMC coasters generally add more speed and momentum than the oiginal designs, having that extra space would mean less effort trying to cram stuff in. I would personally like to see a much smaller RMC redesign.

Yeah it's cool they put steel elements on wooden coasters... I guess. But I would like to see if they can make a twisted compact layout without inversions or mini-MForce drops.

A small RMC could be a short RMC, and I hope that's not the case. Hope they don't cheap out and make the ride be just about the inversions.

Points on hand: 2,485.00 Points
I think the space is really small for the type of ride, but Like others have said, It could definitely work. I believe they will do this because they haven't had a new coaster in a pretty long time (Goliath DOESN'T count, Considering they just moved it from another SF park.)

Goliath got ripped from the heart of SFMM, it was an awsome ride that was taken awY from us

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
^ Seriously? Its a neat concept but it looks about as reliable as the rest of the inverted boomerangs. On another completly unrelated note, is that a regular Boomerang right next to it I'm seeing? guess SF decided to take a page from cedar fairs book there
What are these for?

I know it's ridicules, I've been on both type of rides. and I gotta say there way different in Intesity, but their way too similar to to be in the same park let alone RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER! I thought Goliath was sent to replace the boomerang coaster, but now I'm just mad they took away a great coaster from SFMM, for no reason?
But yeah it's a great coaster, way better than the boomerang copy. I guess it's because your being suspended face down. Your feet are truly dangling, and you feel different than any other coaster. It's truly a unique experience that surprises you. The ride's true problom is it's down time and low capacity.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Yea I have never been a fan of the fact that 2 Boomerangs are right next to each other. Goliath would have had a better fit at Great Adventure since we don't have a shuttle coaster anymore. Anyways, I am not sure if I see an RMC makeover for this or whether I see it being destroyed and a new RMC being built. Only time will tell I guess.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
SFGAm used to have two wild mouse coasters lol.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

TTD03 wrote:
^ That's depressing.

or really "wild"
hurhurhurhurhur
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!